Votes: 9 7.3%
  • No, but I'm working on getting there!

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Hmm, undecided!

Votes: 13 10.6%

• Total voters

cocoberry10

Hey Ladies:

We are always on here talking about the guys, but this time I wanted us to reflect on what WE as individuals bring to a relationship.

Do you feel you are girlfriend or wife material, and if so, why?

Basically, what do you feel makes you special/stand out that a great guy/good catch would choose you over another woman?

You know what....:look: When I was in the dating pool, I never cared a fig about being material, furthermore for years on end I was the one in my group of pals, who was NOT interested in getting married (EVER):lachen:....nor having children (EVER)...

But here I am married longer than most of them and with two wonderful children to boot.

My focus was always on being a great woman, for me. Living life to its fullest.

I always, and still do believe "I" am the prize... and that is material enough.

If not, keep stepping...:look:

(I understand what you are asking, but seriously stop gnawing yourself into ground over finding a man/being material)

YOU (all) are more than enough.... (REALLY):notworthy

Girlfriend material? Sure.
Wife material? Working on it. I'm still very selfish at times, stubborn and lack patience. And at times I can be intolerant.

Yes. I'm patient, loving, great to talk to, easygoing and very forgiving (I don't stay mad for long). I guess the only thing I may have to work on is my cooking skills (I don't cook) but I really wouldn't marry someone who thinks a woman must know how to cook.

Yes. I'm wife material for my future husband. My focus is not "beating out another woman" to get chosen. Not everybody is compatible. I'm not worried about all the men that aren't for me (and whether they think I'm their type of girlfriend/wife material).

You know what....:look: When I was in the dating pool, I never cared a fig about being material, furthermore for years on end I was the one in my group of pals, who was NOT interested in getting married (EVER):lachen:....nor having children (EVER)...

But here I am married longer than most of them and with two wonderful children to boot.

(I understand what you are asking, but seriously stop gnawing yourself into ground over finding a man/being material)

Ditto

I was against both marraige and children. I didn't really see the point:look:

*says the happily married pregnant woman*

You and I are >>>here<<<. I always said that too (about marriage), but I did want to discuss this, since most of the threads are about the guys. I thought "let's flip the script":giggle:

I am happy where I am right now, and I know that the right man will compliment me. He will be the sharp to my flat:giggle:

I'm working on both, because I've noticed that sometimes I'm really "all about me", i.e. I don't see anyone else's point of view, and don't care. Not to mention that I too don't cook, and I hate to iron as well. (I don't mind cleaning though, I like that.)

I tell people when they ask me why I'm not ready for the marriage and the like, that I'm looking for my Proverbs 31 husband. :lachen:

Yes. I'm patient, loving, great to talk to, easygoing and very forgiving (I don't stay mad for long). I guess the only thing I may have to work on is my cooking skills (I don't cook) but I really wouldn't marry someone who thinks a woman must know how to cook.

yup that describes me for the most part

I said yes. I have never liked dating. It seemed so careless, casual, and frivolous. I have always known I was wife material. The thing was me being wife material and trying to date. Oh well. Next week, as I am getting married then, I will be official wife material. :grin:

I use to be, but right I'm to selfish to give my all to just one man and he can't atleast meet me half way :ohwell:

I use to be, but right I'm to selfish to give my all to just one man and he can't atleast meet me half way :ohwell:
s

You aren't selfish. You simply believe in reciprocity in a relationship and you have every right to. If there is not then someone will feel drained, depleted, and taken for granted. You are doing the right thing. Don't settle.

At this point in my life yes I think I am wife material.

It is funny that I say now I am because I was married before and I was not ready at all. I liked the idea of having a husband but did not want to put any effort into the relationship. I was not ready to compromise and I was being selfish. I did not try to make it work I just wanted out. And I have been engaged after that but I am too embarrassed to say how many times. And the reason why I did not marry any of them was because again I wanted a commitment but not the ultimate commitment as in marriage. I would get scared break off the engagement. And I was not letting God work in my life in that area and I kept picking the wrong guy. It was so bad that whenever I told anyone I was engaged they were like again?

Now I feel like yeah I will make a good wife I have a lot to offer and I am letting God pick for me.

Humm not sure.

I think I'm a good girlfriend but a bit needy. I want to always want to be with my SO.

He said he "picked" me because:
-I was thoughtful and always helping others
-I was independent enough to move to a foreign country
-I had pretty eyes and a nice smile
-My boobs were big.:look:

Then he added the last one was a joke..humm..
But I know that I need to improve:

-Being needy
-Overanalyzing everything
-Getting pissed off over any lil thing
-Comparing our relationship to his/my ex's:nono:

And personally I need to get closer to God. I really have to work on this first, then maybe the rest will fall in place...

The thing was me being wife material and trying to date.

Interesting that you would mention this, because I'm finding that there are men out there who want women who are wifey material to date, yet STILL won't/are not ready to settle down. What's up with that? :perplexed

Sometimes I wonder - b/c I have such little relationship experience I worry that I'll do something wrong or disappoint someone. I guess if I find the right person, that stuff won't matter.

Interesting that you would mention this, because I'm finding that there are men out there who want women who are wifey material to date, yet STILL won't/are not ready to settle down. What's up with that? :perplexed

Probably because they can find enough "wifey" types who won't insist on marriage, because you know, we've made it seem like something's wrong when a woman says that she wants to be married and all. :rolleyes:

(rolling eyes at the sentiment, not you! :))

Back