Are you attractive to nerds?

Are you attractive to nerds?

• Yes

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would put the engineer in the nerd category, but not the surgeon. Lol I doubt he's a nerd if he's a Que and went to Howard.

I think he's a nerd. He wears glasses and everything lol When we dated he was always in the library, there were even pics of him on his facebook just reading & studying there. I remeber he would say insecure snarky mess like he bets I like the flashy or hood swag types (like his friends and frat bros) bc he lost an ex to a "cool" jock type when they were in undergrad. :lol:

I think he's a nerd. He wears glasses and everything lol When we dated he was always in the library, there were even pics of him on his facebook just reading & studying there. I remeber he would say insecure snarky mess like he bets I like the flashy or hood swag types (like his friends and frat bros) bc he lost an ex to a "cool" jock type when they were in undergrad. :lol:

Poor boo boo lol.

I guess its all relative. I don't know any nerds who woulda made line. Especially for one of the major frats at an HBCU. You have to be somewhat popular to even be considered I thought.

Poor boo boo lol.

I guess its all relative. I don't know any nerds who woulda made line. Especially for one of the major frats at an HBCU. You have to be somewhat popular to even be considered I thought.

umm no. most dudes join --ime--for ego purposes or to prove they are cool and to make friends. I'm from Maryland (surrounded by hbcus) and a Howard/NPHC all up and down my fam. I know a lot of unconventional black male nerds. They still read a lot of books, sometimes rock 4-eyes, same offbeat weirdarse hobbies n whatnot despite attending hbcus or being a member of the Divine Nine lol

Engineer nerd started his own black frat and spent half of undergrad throwing parties. My college bff is married to another nerd (IT), he was a deejay and wore white tees and cornrows in undergrad. Still corny as hell and into random computer activities and video games and kinda socially akward (imo) just like a geek lol All nerds lol

I attract more former athletes/jocks than nerds even though I am a nerd/geek/whatever. Not sure why though? It's quite interesting.

I was gonna say cheap how..like pay for your own food? but I see it goes deeper than that and i agree. Yuck to that life.

Husband doing really well and you sitting around clipping coupons. Eck

I attract more former athletes/jocks than nerds even though I am a nerd/geek/whatever. Not sure why though? It's quite interesting.

This sounds sooooo much more fun. I'm seriously over the nerd crowd. So like what do you wear to attract these jocks?

Poor boo boo lol.

Not necessarily. It's all relative. I mean if you're in college, especially at a prestigious school, most likely you were into your books in high school. I went to a PWI but most of the black folk there would have been considered nerds back at home. It was like people got a "do over" in college. *shrugs*

Not necessarily. It's all relative. I mean if you're in college, especially at a prestigious school, most likely you were into your books in high school. I went to a PWI but most of the black folk there would have been considered nerds back at home. It was like people got a "do over" in college. *shrugs*

Hmm... maybe you're right. College was awhile ago for me, I have probably forgotten a few things!

You guys describe my (and my friend's) life. In fact she needs to read this thread. Her bf is a lawyer and works in his family's law firm and though he agreed that she would be a SAHW/SAHM, he wants to feed her some crap like "my mom never buys anything for herself or spends money on herself". My friend is concern that she would be living a "poor" SAHW/SAHM life.

The last guy I dated was an engineer (graduating at the top of his class in his grad programme) and told me point blank that when he gets married his friend (who is into finance) would be managing his finances. The one before was an engineer as well and was cheap and insecure as well, always wanting to know why people are looking at us. Actually the one before them both was an engineer as well...

I am very generous, flamboyant etc. and I love luxury so the above will not work for me. I am a very Libra woman.

I don't necessarily equate profession with nerdiness though.

I do genuinely like nerdy guys, I like the intelligence, the quirkiness and I feel that we can really relate. But on the flipside I like guys who ooze confidence and is confident in himself and his partner so that we make that dynamic duo.

This thread reminds me of Mark Zukerberg lol

You guys describe my (and my friend's) life. In fact she needs to read this thread. Her bf is a lawyer and works in his family's law firm and though he agreed that she would be a SAHW/SAHM, he wants to feed her some crap like "my mom never buys anything for herself or spends money on herself". My friend is concern that she would be living a "poor" SAHW/SAHM life.

The last guy I dated was an engineer (graduating at the top of his class in his grad programme) and told me point blank that when he gets married his friend (who is into finance) would be managing his finances. The one before was an engineer as well and was cheap and insecure as well, always wanting to know why people are looking at us. Actually the one before them both was an engineer as well...

I am very generous, flamboyant etc. and I love luxury so the above will not work for me. I am a very Libra woman.

I do genuinely like nerdy guys, I like the intelligence, the quirkiness and I feel that we can really relate. But on the flipside I like guys who ooze confidence and is confident in himself and his partner so that we make that dynamic duo.

>>>>>>WE ARE HERE<<<<<<

It's not even that I want to live some kind of elaborate fantasy life spending all day buying expensive or designer gear or trying to keep up with the Jones. I like to do a lot for loved ones, I do appreciate philanthropy and I like to feel like someone is always supporting my hopes, dreams & ambitions with any cost. I'd rather someone, instead, be like "whatever it takes, we're going to make it happen." :yep:

But YES!!!! Zuckerberg is EXACTLY the type of nerd I was referencing. Perfect example! I commented about his wife before:

Even without the money and just considering all she's done for him you'd think he would have at least used his status to invest in her philanthropic interests by at least helping her start in a noprofit or put her on the scene with other wealthy elites that share her medical interests. Naw, instead he in that little a$$ house rockin hoodies earning her keep and twiddling her thumbs to get a weekly local date night. :lol: Billionaire's wife? After 9 years he still hasn't even upgraded her to an upper-middle class wife. ***. She would have done better dating one of her colleagues in medical school :lol:

eta: this is why I'm hell bent on not accumulating bills as a single woman. I have no debt, good financial plans and savings. I also want to finish graduate school and dip my foot back into a career vs job BEFORE I agree to marry. Based on the kind of men I seem to like and attract (nerds), I don't trust my DH in entirety with money. I want enough money of my own in the background as a SAHW/M that I can use as leverage and a bargaining tool to get my DH to support my interests. :yep: It's sorta like a "spend money to make money" mentality lol Nerds dont really like super independent women IME. So if you have the potential and opportunity to become one they will go to measures to avoid it which requires them to loosen the grip on the wallet. :yep:

Last edited:
lolol i have some stories on this---and have had experiences with cheap wealthy nerdsss...smdhhhh the worst typessss ya smart--wealthy and not denzel/boris but ya cheappppp and im on ya arm as grade A eye candy---
da helll a gwan here....
all good i see some of them in the news/press and etc doing big things..but you couldnt pay me to be their wifes/gf....i loathe/detest cheap men...i found an alpha pseudo generous nerd and he put a ring on it...lol

i know ming luvs zucker but couldnt be me--i dont like modesty to the degree that hes serving it up

lolol i have some stories on this---and have had experiences with cheap wealthy nerdsss...smdhhhh the worst typessss ya smart--wealthy and not denzel/boris but ya cheappppp and im on ya arm as grade A eye candy---
da helll a gwan here....
all good i see some of them in the news/press and etc doing big things..but you couldnt pay me to be their wifes/gf....i loathe/detest cheap men...i found an alpha pseudo generous nerd and he put a ring on it...lol

i know ming luvs zucker but couldnt be me--i dont like modesty to the degree that hes serving it up

perfect28 you can't come in here and just say that. Let's hear it :lol:.......

Yea Im curious too. Spill it 2perfect28

Im amazed at these stories of how cheap these successful nerds are. Ironically engineers. Crazy.

barbs its pretty much what you mentioned in here--i nodded in agreement about alot of what you typed lol--not everyone with money parts with it as easily as u would think lmaoo----i actually have funny stories about the dommes thread and this thread---but i cant share--sharing on lhcf isnt what it use to be--its just not---living in nyc and rolling with certain types of ladies has exposed me to alotta stuff--but iseeee a married lady now--those "remember when you" stories only come out--around my irl divasssss--after some serious sipping---at a our fav swanky tribeca spot

@perfect28 you can't come in here and just say that. Let's hear it :lol:.......

It depends on what kind of a nerd he is. There are different categories of nerds.:lachen:

But I do love smart men, yes.

I would put the engineer in the nerd category, but not the surgeon. Lol I doubt he's a nerd if he's a Que and went to Howard.

Naw I have nerds who are ques at my school. They're ques (and kappas and alphas)...they're freaky...about to be doctors...but when you get to know them, they are nerds/geeks whatever (I really call them dorks lol) IMO. But maybe because I compare them to the hood dudes I grew up with lol

i could never date a nerd even tho they make $$$$ they are cheap I just cant live like that.
I have never ever met a cheap nerd. EVER. And I know a lot. :look: Yes they are cheap to themselves like they buy their clothes from Walmart or havent even bought clothes in like years BUT they will spend on their money on you.
:lol:

Geeks and nerds share some similar characteristics but geeks tend to be less socially awkward.

Sent from my typophilic iPhone using LHCF
It's the opposite actually. geeks are more socially awkward and nerds are more socially aware and that's why there's the sub category of alpha nerds. Mark Z is a geek. They dont shower and sht :look: Geeks are found more in the computer /IT world. I dated a Geek from Spain and he wore his slacks up to his stomach on our 1st date. No sir.

I was gonna say cheap how..like pay for your own food? but I see it goes deeper than that and i agree. Yuck to that life.

Husband doing really well and you sitting around clipping coupons. Eck
No be correct jor. Find yourself a nerd.

Now to answer the question, yes Im attractive to nerds and also attracted to nerds. I havent dated a non-nerd in a few years. If your job title doesnt have engineer, technology, computer, nerd in it, we won't work out. Im sorry. :look:

I'm also a little bit of a nerd so i enjoy them. :grin:

99.9% of nerd boys don't believe I'm a a mega nerd 'cause of how I look. :lol: I have to 'prove' myself. So after the asp kicking in video games and manga/comic sharing I'm usually in. Like another poster said, most nerds don't know how to 'get at me' romantically since they're usually insecure while the tools and jerks come on too strongly. Siiigh. :lol:

I'm a spoiled Libra too. Had a nice dinner recently with a nerd- very intelligent but very frugal. He is obsessed with getting the good deal. So while he owns property, I'm wondering what kind of gift would I get:look:. I need diamonds in my life.

I have never ever met a cheap nerd. EVER. And I know a lot. :look: Yes they are cheap to themselves like they buy their clothes from Walmart or havent even bought clothes in like years BUT they will spend on their money on you.
:lol:

. :grin:

That's encouraging.:grin:

I used to say I like nerds, but reading this thread made me realize I like the alpha nerds. I have dated nerds. I had to cut the last one though. He was way too nerdy for me. His heavy breathing on the phone, and constant where are you? What are you doing, when you coming back? Etc too much lol.

I guess I'm attracted to a subset of "nerd". The anime, table-top RPG, 20 sided dice, fantasy book reading, video game (not Madden/Call of Duty but Mass Effect), sci-fi loving nerd. People tend to think these guys are beta/shy dudes. So untrue! There are alphas in this category also.

The ones most of the posts are referring to are the perfect on the ACT/SAT, science/math/engineering major nerds. Those are the types who didn't get much play in middle/high school, get to college, people look up to them because they are "book smart" and become "successful". They are not socially awkward but are emotionally difficult to reach/unavailable.

Dated both types.

YES! I just came to this conclusion a while ago. I love intellectual conversation that can stimulate me mentally and the physical attraction enhances for me. The other day I was with my male nerd friend and we were discussing his doctorate requisition and he was explaining it in detail to me and I swear I wanted to jump across the table and rip his clothes off...ahem...I digress. Anywho, I am a nerd but its beneath the surface so when a guy brings that out of me, it's on!

Back