Are you attractive to nerds?

Are you attractive to nerds?

• Yes

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alpha nerds are the guys who hang with non-nerds and nerds at the same time. They don't feel that they are nerds they just like what they like, and aren't ashamed like most nerds. They DGAF what people think about them being eccentric, weird, nerdy, they don't have social anxiety. The can talk to anybody about the things they like to do. The main difference I can tell between alpha nerds and beta nerds is that alphas really just do them and have really high self confidence.
Married to an alpha nerd. I'm a more of a artsy hippie type than techie but it works well.

Last edited:
i don't think i am attractive to nerds. if anything, off the bat, I think they think i'm out of their league.

SO is def a nerd and way smarter than i am IMO (law review, graduated summa cum laude from our law school, currently doing a federal clerkship and has a job lined up at a top 25 firm). he's more beta. the male alpha law students i see running around me are the WORST. so glad i didn't have to deal with them romantically.

I'm with one :). He says we both are nerds :lol:.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours.Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Always have been but they all questioned my motives because they said I was too beautiful. People don't realize being attractive is a double edged sword. You get the guys who think they can get you in bed because I mean after all you are beautiful and must have a trail of men behind you that you've slept with and then the nice nerdy guys are too insecure for you.

I am...Always have been. Nerds like me too but, are too dang shy/insecure to approach because they think I don't.

I love L7s!!! :yep: I started a thread like this about a year ago. It didn't get too many hits. Oh well, more for moi!! lol

Last edited:
Me and hubby spent one evening watching a documentary about Nikola tesla it was sooo romantic. Lol

Alpha nerds are the guys who hang with non-nerds and nerds at the same time. They don't feel that they are nerds they just like what they like, and aren't ashamed like most nerds. They DGAF what people think about them being eccentric, weird, nerdy, they don't have social anxiety. The can talk to anybody about the things they like to do. The main difference I can tell between alpha nerds and beta nerds is that alphas really just do them and have really high self confidence.
Married to an alpha nerd. I'm a more of a artsy hippie type than techie but it works well.

SophieDulce

Do you know my husband? Seriously, Nicola Tesla is his idol. I just read him your posts, and asked if he's leading a double life, he's like, yes that's my mistress.:lachen: Yes, he's a smart ***.

I guess they're okay. They come with their issues, same as any other type if men. I attract all kinds, nerds included.

i married a big nerd and now we are divorced, so yeah. a man is man. my SO is very intelligent and quiet, but his persona is too cool for school. i love men with some edge to them. i'll admit, i like a little bit of gangsta. i can be that myself. it takes a lot to deal with me anyway.

i married a big nerd and now we are divorced, so yeah. a man is man. my SO is very intelligent and quiet, but his persona is too cool for school. i love men with some edge to them. i'll admit, i like a little bit of gangsta. i can be that myself. it takes a lot to deal with me anyway.

Lol yea. I feel like every man I've dated has been a nerd. Like big nerds. Like spend Friday nights reading black liberation theory or waking me up at 8am in the morning after date night because he would like me to leave, he needs the room quiet for his math problems.

They can be so thirsty too.

Y'all have fun with that!

VivaMac said:
SophieDulce

Do you know my husband? Seriously, Nicola Tesla is his idol. I just read him your posts, and asked if he's leading a double life, he's like, yes that's my mistress.:lachen: Yes, he's a smart ***.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, nerds find me attractive. But I prefer geeks.

Sent from my typophilic iPhone using LHCF

Yeah I think people mix up corny guys with nerds.

I consider corny geeky dudes guys like ; nick canon, Terrance j, Wayne Brady, romeo santos ect.
I hate hate hate HATE those type of guys

Alpha Nerds to me would be like andre3000, pharell, I would even throw kanye in there.

Reg Alphas ; jay z, idris Elba. Brad pitt

Last edited:
SophieDulce said:
Yeah I think people mix up corny ninjas with nerds.

I consider corny geeky dudes guys like ; nick canon, Terrance j, Wayne Brady, romeo santos ect.
I hate those type of guys

Alpha Nerds to me would be like andre3000, pharell, I would even throw kanye in there.

Reg Alphas ; jay z, idris Elba. Brad pitt

Your description of alpha nerd sounds like a geek to me.

http://www.mastersinit.org/geeks-vs-nerds/

"Corny" does not apply to geek. Wayne Brady? :nono: Dude is in a league of his own, entirely.

Last edited:
MissMasala5 said:
Your description of alpha nerd sounds like a geek to me.

http://www.mastersinit.org/geeks-vs-nerds/

"Corny" does not apply to geek. Wayne Brady? :nono: Dude is in a league of his own, entirely.

Lol. I'm confused, well that's how I categorize guys in my head. To me alpha nerds have a different type of sex appeal to me more of an intelligent anarchist thing. Like F the world and this society I make my own rules! That is soooo sexy to me.

Geeky dudes try to fit in and down play there corniness but you can tell.

I also think white people have a diff meaning of nerds and geeks than black people do.

SophieDulce said:
Lol. I'm confused, well that's how I categorize guys in my head. To me alpha nerds have a different type of sex appeal to me more of an intelligent anarchist thing. Like F the world and this society I make my own rules! That is soooo sexy to me.

Geeky dudes try to fit in and down play there corniness but you can tell.

I also think white people have a diff meaning of nerds and geeks than black people do.

I am black and grew up being called a "cool nerd" by nerds, which later on seemed to evolved into the term "geek". I grew up around all races of nerds and geeks. The term alpha nerd is new to me but the way you defined it is what I have known as geek. I'm cool with alpha nerd :yep:

And geeks don't care about fitting in. Same as nerds. I have been called corny, too, but only by the non-nerds and non-geeks in my life. They are the status quo, and nerds and geeks were expected to want to fit in with them not that long ago. Times have changed.

I think y'all just like guys who are intelligent and possibly unconventionally attractive. Like I don't see y'all going for dudes in the Mathletes or Trekkies. Lol.

Middle said:
I think y'all just like guys who are intelligent and possibly unconventionally attractive. Like I don't see y'all going for dudes in the Mathletes or Trekkies. Lol.

Yup. That's exactly my type!!!!
No Trekkies or mathletes.

Not to stereotype, but the last nerd I dated sure was!

. . . ok, I guess that was a bit of a stereotype

You may be on to something. The last two I dated were cheap as hell. And I had to put up with your immense insecurity, lack of confidence and weirdness. Not worth it.

I need to look into this alpha nerd thing.

Not to stereotype, but the last nerd I dated sure was!

. . . ok, I guess that was a bit of a stereotype

You may be on to something. The last two I dated were cheap as hell. And I had to put up with your immense insecurity, lack of confidence and weirdness. Not worth it.

I need to look into this alpha nerd thing.

THIS :yep:

The fact I like nerds adds to my hesitancy about marriage. I don't trust the financial intent of my pseudo-SO or the other surgeon nerd I used to date that's hanging around lately. They do a little but I need them to loosen up.:look: Every single nerd I've dated is a cheapa$$ m*fo. Mind you these are "cool" nerds. I met them through their sister who was a friend or in a "cool" environment.

There's a theme to the women they ended up marrying too. Workaholic women that pay for everything themselves or the super plain janes that they can control and don't require much effort (financially, emotionally, etc) and most of these women dated them forever or had long drawn out engagements. After all is said and done unless most of these women work, they still don't really reap the benefits of their DH/SO's nerdy income. They have a big house and send their kids to decent schools but thats bout it. They arent living the trohpy wife life for the most part unless they make their own :look:

For example, I want to ask my ex's wife (who I'm friends with, his sister -the DH's- is my long-term highschool friend which is how we dated initially) to take a trip but I know she's going to be hesitant bc even though she's a SAHW my nerdy ex, her DH, is going to be on some cheap a$$ bs like "where you going? why you gotta go there? why is it so expensive? we just went on vacation to visit my fam (Illinois :rolleyes:)..." a HAM! lol I know she's in that big ole house bored and miserable as hell and on a tight arse budget thanks to her nerdy cheap DH. She better go back to grad school on his dime :lachen:

OT: I can see my nerdy ex having a mistress too that he spends all types of $$$ on. :sekret:

Disclaimer: not all nerds are like this, I'm keeping hope alive for one that let's me loose like Chris Bosh is with his wife Adrienne or that plastic surgeon's wife on Real Housewives of Miami :lachen:<---he doesnt have to make that much money tho, just be a lot more flexible than the nerds I've met. :yep:

Last edited:
barbiesocialite said:
THIS :yep:

The fact I like nerds adds to my hesitancy about marriage. I don't trust the financial intent of my pseudo-SO or the other surgeon nerd I used to date that's hanging around lately. They do a little but I need them to loosen up.:look: Every single nerd I've dated is a cheapa$$ m*fo. Mind you these are "cool" nerds. I met them through their sister who was a friend or in a "cool" environment.

There's a theme to the women they ended up marrying too. Workaholic women that pay for everything themselves or the super plain janes that they can control and don't require much effort (financially, emotionally, etc) and most of these women dated them forever or had long drawn out engagements. After all is said and done unless most of these women work, they still don't really reap the benefits of their DH/SO's nerdy income. They have a big house and send their kids to decent schools but thats bout it. They arent living the trohpy wife life for the most part unless they make their own :look:

For example, I want to ask my ex's wife (who I'm friends with, his sister -the DH's- is my long-term highschool friend which is how we dated initially) to take a trip but I know she's going to be hesitant bc even though she's a SAHW my nerdy ex, her DH, is going to be on some cheap a$$ bs like "where you going? why you gotta go there? why is it so expensive? we just went on vacation to visit my fam (Illinois :rolleyes:)..." a HAM! lol I know she's in that big ole house bored and miserable as hell and on a tight arse budget thanks to her nerdy cheap DH. She better go back to grad school on his dime :lachen:

OT: I can see my nerdy ex having a mistress too that he spends all types of $$$ on. :sekret:

Disclaimer: not all nerds are like this, I'm keeping hope alive for one that let's me loose like Chris Bosh is with his wife Adrienne or that plastic surgeon's wife on Real Housewives of Miami :lachen:<---he doesnt have to make that much money tho, just be a lot more flexible than the nerds I've met. :yep:

Lol! Now I'm glad I didn't marry a rich nerd
Whoaaaa!

Lol! Now I'm glad I didn't marry a rich nerd
Whoaaaa!

I mean none of these nerds are rich per say. They make more than average but I'd classify them as middle to upper-middle class at most (low to mid 6-figure range). My ex, who's wife I was discussing, is the prototype cool nerd: double chem/bio engineering degree, worked for NASA and is now an attorney but I met him when we were in hs/college and he was a track star, started his own frat, into music etc. ALWAYS BEEN CHEAP. lol. My pseudo-SO is in IT doing some ish (:lol:) where he has to travel giving presentations n whatnot but I met him at a club his boy owned and he had locs at the time--again "cool" still feel like he's cheap too. The guy I'm sorta reconnecting with now is an oral surgeon (specializes in cancer patients) and I met him through my XXL model friend when he was a Que and went to Howard for school. I hated our dates thats why we stopped dating. He wanted me to do wayyy too much and he was insecure about me liking non-nerdy guys who are ALWAYS cool. These are cool alpha nerds. Well-off, not rich. But every single one is effin cheap as hell :lachen:

Last edited:
I mean none of these nerds are rich per say. They make more than average but I'd classify them as middle to upper-middle class at most (low to mid 6-figure range). My ex, who's wife I was discussing, is the prototype cool nerd: double chem/bio engineering degree, worked for NASA and is now an attorney but I met him when we were in hs/college and he was a track star, started his own frat, into music etc. ALWAYS BEEN CHEAP. lol. My pseudo-SO is in IT doing some ish (:lol:) where he has to travel giving presentations n whatnot but I met him at a club his boy owned and he had locs at the time--again "cool" still feel like he's cheap too. The guy I'm sorta reconnecting with now is an oral surgeon (specializes in cancer patients) and I met him through my XXL model friend when he was a Que and went to Howard for school. I hated our dates thats why we stopped dating. He wanted me to do wayyy too much and he was insecure about me liking non-nerdy guys who are ALWAYS cool. These are cool alpha nerds. Well-off, not rich. But every single one is effin cheap as hell :lachen:

I would put the engineer in the nerd category, but not the surgeon. Lol I doubt he's a nerd if he's a Que and went to Howard.

Back