Are you a trophy wife?

levette

Do you consider yourself a trophy wife or the trophy wife type? IMO the trophy wife type is very attractive, Has a nice body, keeps her hair up, always looks fly... Her husband or mate makes sure she looks good and takes care of her...She doesn't have to work.but may choose to... She gets to keep her money that she makes.. Ultra feminine . She may or may not be college educated... She is almost a stepford wife type at home though... Kids we'll taken care of... House usually clean

If you are this type what are your secrets. Do you enjoy being the trophy wife type?

Last edited:
I always wondered if trophy wives actually enjoy being one. It seems like a lot of work and like these women can never be themselves or relax. I think it's cute when women have the option to play trophy wife when they want to if that makes any sense...But when it's your job....I dunno.

Your definition imo is not a trophy wife is a wife of any professional man.

Trophy wife is supposed to be derogatory to refer to a woman actually being a trophy to her husband. Usually refers to like throw second marriage men and the wives half their age lol

Some of these things should be a given, a wife that is protected by her husband, is a good mother, keeps a clean house. However, there is no such thing as perfection.

I always wondered if trophy wives actually enjoy being one. It seems like a lot of work and like these women can never be themselves or relax. I think it's cute when women have the option to play trophy wife when they want to if that makes any sense...But when it's your job....I dunno.

I meet a couple a few times per year when I attend certain events. They seem to love their role, or at least give their impression of it. Their husbands always seem the total opposite of them in terms of personality. But the ones I meet, they're really nice and they behave like rich, spoiled, entitled bishes who drink a bit too much but seem really well put together and good at their role.

I meet a couple a few times per year when I attend certain events. They seem to love their role, or at least give their impression of it. Their husbands always seem the total opposite of them in terms of personality. But the ones I meet, they're really nice and they behave like rich, spoiled, entitled bishes who drink a bit too much but seem really well put together and good at their role.

Oh ok. I'm thinking when you as a woman know what your main goal is in becoming one ...usually money, you will do your job very well especially in public. You are a trophy therefore you must be on point to keep your husband proud and feeling good. You must be a constant ego stroke (good looks, good sex, perfect from head to body to toe all the time, etc) or you may be terminated from your job. Gosh I can be so cynical but this is how I see it.

I would love to sit down with a few and learn how they really feel. They show the good....but I'd like to know about the bad and the ugly a bit.

Oh ok. I'm thinking when you as a woman know what your main goal is in becoming one ...usually money, you will do your job very well especially in public. You are a trophy therefore you must be on point to keep your husband proud and feeling good. You must be a constant ego stroke (good looks, good sex, perfect from head to body to toe all the time, etc) or you may be terminated from your job. Gosh I can be so cynical but this is how I see it.

I would love to sit down with a few and learn how they really feel. They show the good....but I'd like to know about the bad and the ugly a bit.

That's how is looks on the outside looking in. I am not sure if that is how it is in the marriage/relationship...

I've been called a trophy wife since I've lost weight. I do try to look good and understand that my image is a reflection of my husband. I do work because I have to, but I'm hoping that will change on the future.

Sometimes I think other people from the outside may perceive someone as a trophy wife just cuz they are pretty and can dress well

I would love to hear from former trophy wives. Now that would be interesting.

What do you do now? Stuff that nontrophy wives did years ago. Wow, how sad.

I've been called a trophy wife since I've lost weight. I do try to look good and understand that my image is a reflection of my husband. I do work because I have to, but I'm hoping that will change on the future.

This is what I'm talking about .....the trophy wife women enjoy being. This is how I see myself as well...it's what we enjoy as women....not a job.

I usually have my good conversations with them when they're a bit sloshed lol. What I find interesting is that though they (the ones I meet) are trophy wives, they ensure that their children are well educated.

I spoke with two in particular last NYE. Their husbands are very successful surgeons. The women, not sure about the men, grew up rich so they segued into this role. Their husbands however, interestingly, were very interested in my education and educational goals. They told me about their children and their individual successes. They gave me some tips about academia and networking etc. that I should probably actually use.

I wonder about this too. You can only be/act young for a certain amount of time. I assume that they remain technically married because "it's cheaper to keep her".

eta: are we talking about trophy wives or arm candy because I feel like I'm having a different discussion :look::lol:

I wonder about this too. You can only be/act young for a certain amount of time. I assume that they remain technically married because "it's cheaper to keep her".
LiftedUp. More than likely, they get replaced with a shiny new trophy.

ETA. Arm candy is easily replace, plus arm candy are usually GF's not wives. I do think most trophy wives are arm candy as well, I think they are usually a bit smarter than the candy.

Last edited:

eta: are we talking about trophy wives or arm candy because I feel like I'm having a different discussion :look::lol:

Here you go:

The Secret Life of a Black Trophy wife: A Cultural Autobiography

Enjoy!

This is what I'm talking about .....the trophy wife women enjoy being. This is how I see myself as well...it's what we enjoy as women....not a job.

:yep: I enjoy working out, eating right, dressing nice, wearing makeup, heels, etc. and looking my best. It makes ME feel good above anything else. The enjoyment that DH gets out of it is just another benefit IMO. I think that makes a difference in whether or not a woman would be happy with being a "trophy." Whether she feels forced to do it or not.

I'm not particularly interested:

trophy wife
nouninformalderogatory

noun: trophy wife; plural noun: trophy wives

1. a young, attractive wife regarded as a status symbol for an older man.
Honestly, the above is the going definition of a trophy wife. I'm more interested in the type of wife that is educated, polished, respected in her community, her children are like a little army and her husband knows that he has it all and his biggest fear is losing it all.

I'm not particularly interested:

Honestly, the above is the going definition of a trophy wife. I'm more interested in the type of wife that is educated, polished, respected in her community, her children are like a little army and her husband knows that he has it all and his biggest fear is losing it all.

LiftedUp YES!!!!!!! I second that miss.

Back