Are weddings for men too?

CurlyMoo

I was talking with a friend who recently got engaged, when I asked him how were the plans going he said he doesn't really get involved other than nodding and saying, "oh that's nice." I told him to fake it if he has to, don't look uninterested. :perplexed

Then he told me weddings were really for the women, no man wants to take part in the planning. That's when I told him it's his day too and he should be more involved in making sure it had his touch so that he could feel like it belonged to him too. He just blew me off and told me he wasn't worried and all that mattered was that his fiance was happy. I wonder if many men feel this way.

Many men probably don't "care" too much about bridesmaid dresses, flowers, and invitation design.

But I'm sure they like give some input..menu, music for ceremony/reception, wedding favors or something!

Weddings are for both.

My male best friend says he is going to be just as involved as his future fiancée. Whereas my SO has only requested to pick the DJ. (Thank God! :yay:)

I guess it depends on the man. If he wants to help with the planning that fine for some women but not for me. I have spent a lot of time and effort to think of my wedding and although his opinion is HIGHLY accepted (We picked the theme and colors together) and received I do ULTIMATELY believe this is MY day and I dont want to have to make all these concessions for him. :look:

I wouldn't think it was bad if the guy wasn't as interested in the planning. I was surprised to find out how much into the wedding planning my fiance has been!

My husband had a lot of people tell him that weddings were for the men but I don't think that's true. I think a lot of men will want to help with certain details but not probably want to be over every last single thing like a woman would.

My husband was really interested in the music, men's attire, the transportation and he planned the whole honeymoon by himself. The other things he did help out on. It was more of an equal share. It's just different for every man.

But at the end of the day, women I think are way more invested in how the day turns out. It does tend to revolve around the woman and I think most men won't mind at all letting the woman shine and be the center of attention for that day. But it's not like the men are completely forgotten IMO.

Last edited:
My husband had a lot of people tell him that weddings were for the men but I don't think that's true. I think a lot of men will want to help with certain details but not probably want to be over every last single thing like a woman would.

My husband was really interested in the music, men's attire, the transportation and he planned the whole honeymoon by himself. The other things he did help out on. It was more of an equal share. It's just different for every man.[\b]

But at the end of the day, women I think are way more invested in how the day turns out. It does tend to revolve around the woman and I think most men won't mind at all letting the woman shine and be the center of attention for that day. But it's not like the men are completely forgotten IMO.

@ bolded this was my hubby to THE "T". I involved him with everything once I'd narrowed choices down. Then we made the decisions. He was very involved and it was a fun experience (for the most part lol).

My SO has A LOT of opinions concerning the wedding. I believe it is OUR day, but when did he start caring about all of this stuff?! I pick out all of his clothes and decorated his apartment...etc. Now he wants to choose the flowers, the colors, location, and attire...not uh.

It really makes me just want to skip out on the wedding thing.

Although WE are getting married, I am the one doing the research and showing him my final selections to get his opinion. He is very involved in the wedding party's attire, colors and wedding day details such as drinks, centerpieces but that's about it...

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

I always thought this mentality was strange. It's your marriage, your wedding, your future wife, in front of your family, church, and God.

Well, y'all see where I'm going. But I've also heard of women kind of "taking over" the day, like "This is MY day!"
:perplexed

My FH is very involved, he picked out colors and was really into it when we were looking at reception sites, sometimes I have to deal him to sit down somewhere.

Back