Are We To Blame? Online Vendors

@Saludable84 @CeeLex33 @shawnyblazes
I think a lot of us on-liners look at it as a Hobby and we want to support those Handmade/Natural Companies.

And on-line purchases is our version of Hobby-L-obby. This is our hobby.

I always say - BoBeam is so nice I buy something from her whether I need it or not because she is so freaking nice. Same with NG and a few others I could name. They are just so nice. They go above & beyond to make sure you are pleased with your purchase.

Saludable - Your post summed everything up.:goodpost:

It all about choices. I think we would all agree good Customer Service is important.

And that 1st experience either positive or negative will set the tone for any future purchases.

@IDareT'sHair
I got all misty eyed again after you mentioned how nice NG is. I am so impressed with that one I gatta say. Erica at APB is wonderful too and I only ordered from her once. They will definitely get my coins again and again if they keep that up.

@Aggie
I like the gooey one better.:drool: I agree about the scent options. :love:

Some vendors are better with scents than others. No, I don't think it affects the pricing.

I think it's baked into the cost.

The original gooey one is GREAT and I love being able to choose scent options. Some vendors are definitely better with scents than others. Claudie's has great products but her scents are really off. APB, Sarenzo, Jakeala are a few that are really dead on.

The original gooey one is GREAT and I love being able to choose scent options. Some vendors are definitely better with scents than others. Claudie's has great products but her scents are really off. APB, Sarenzo, Jakeala are a few that are really dead on.
@CeeLex33
I Agree. Performance is top-notch.:yep: I get ALL my Claudie products Unscented.

The bolded are really good with scents & scent options.

I have a spare fridge in the laundry room for some things plus I have some some storage space in the bathroom. I keep my moisturizers, DCs and leave ins in the fridge. The bathroom stores my oils and butters etc.

I have a few "my precious" things that I have to hide from the hubby and kids under the bed lol
@CeeLex33

:lachen:

I had to laugh right here because I had to do the same thing with my precious ones under the bed. I think I will probably snap someone's head off if they touch those ones :lol:

I have a spare fridge in the laundry room for some things plus I have some some storage space in the bathroom. I keep my moisturizers, DCs and leave ins in the fridge. The bathroom stores my oils and butters etc.

I have a few "my precious" things that I have to hide from the hubby and kids under the bed lol

Don't do that. Don't give me other places to store goodies. Please.

@thickness
It's good to know that Avlon/Keracare works great on Natural Hair.

If I ever decided to revisit Salon Brands I was unsure what I would use? I was thinking Aveda, but you gave me something else to consider if I ever decided to make that move.

Some Dominican products are an option too. I just started using them again for my roller sets and flat ironing and my hair is happy. Crece Pelo treatment and leave in give me the best results. The combination works better than many of the salon brands I tried.

Avlon/Keracare. I trust the science and research behind their products. And my hair feels so good now. No more of that greasy coated feeling that some drugstore/handmade products did to my hair. I can touch it and my hair just feels moisturized and healthy. I order salon sizes online from ensleybeautysupply.Com
Their prices are much less than retail and cheaper than wholesale. The customer service and shipping is excellent.

Keracare is a great brand. I love their leave ins and stylers. They have a nice reconstructor that's similar to the old nexxus emergencee formula.

Some Dominican products are an option too. I just started using them again for my roller sets and flat ironing and my hair is happy. Crece Pelo treatment and leave in give me the best results. The combination works better than many of the salon brands I tried.

@MilkChocolateOne
Early in my HHJ I was hard in the paint for Dominican products.

They were right before I made the leap into the Handmade/Natural world.

Great thread @shawnyblazes . If I have one bad experience with a vendor, they get no more of my monees. I'm NEVER dependent enough to keep supporting sucky service or sucky products.

This is why, other than SM for OTG needs, the only vendors I purchase from online for hair are APB and Naturale Grow (occasionally though). Body needs are Sarenzo. I was ordering Soultanicals until her shipping started sucking again. As much as I love the Marula Muru, I won't be purchasing it again. Oh, and Curlmart if I want to venture out. Thanks to Target and Sally's, it's getting easier to get OTG things. Oh, and Ulta.

If your shipping sucks, that's another deal breaker too. I don't care how good your stuff is. If we stop supporting these vendors with out of the a@@ shipping, they might seek other options.

@NaturallyATLPCH

I rely on APB, NG, DB and SD as online vendors. If SD has a Labor Day sale, I actually will try a mini haul as I don't want any other brands at the moment. I would purchase from all regardless of a sale though. SM is my main OTG brand.

QB, MHC and Bekura will and are going to be seasonal brands for me. SSI is likely not a go to brand as I haven't had much success. I'll try again on a sale.

I always feel like I have a lot, but I just really stock up well.

Oh, and so far, Bekura has THE best shipping prices.

If your shipping sucks, that's another deal breaker too. I don't care how good your stuff is. If we stop supporting these vendors with out of the a@@ shipping, they might seek other options.
@NaturallyATLPCH
I Agree. We 'know' about shipping as well since we sell/swap things often. I know what it costs to get a package from point A to point B and some of the costs folks are wanting to charge is ridiculous.

Last edited:
@NaturallyATLPCH
Have you ever purchased from Hattache? They have a great selection. Decent Sale. Fast Shipping. You may wanna check them out. They offer a lot of great lines. ETA: It's in ATL.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiriOLCt7_OAhVBLSYKHbnaDpcQFggcMAA&url=https://www.hattache.com/&usg=AFQjCNGaswuApcLqONXlWmJr7y9VsvOvFQ&sig2=wVUgZI0SvRKA0rT3iBu3MA

Oh yes, I have purchased from them in the past. Great service. I'm narrowing down my brands so I really wouldn't have a need to purchase.
And hunty she is NOT in Atlanta. People (like them) say Atlanta like it's just so relative. She's in Alpharetta which is about 35-40 minutes from the Atlanta area and 50 minutes from where I am. What I'd spend in gas I can just order online :lol:.

And hunty she is NOT in Atlanta. People (like them) say Atlanta like it's just so relative. She's in Alpharetta which is about 35-40 minutes from the Atlanta area and 50 minutes from where I am. What I'd spend in gas I can just order online :lol:.

@NaturallyATLPCH
Clawd!:eek:

Nice Brick & Mortar though. My eyes glazed over lookin' at all that stuff!:love:

@NaturallyATLPCH
Clawd!:eek:

Nice Brick & Mortar though. My eyes glazed over lookin' at all that stuff!:love:

I was so excited! I was like yaaaaaaasss she's in Atlanta! That's about a 30 minute drive from me. But Atlanta is so huge. However, she ain't no where near Atlanta.
I would say if I'm in that area I'd stop by, but IMA hermit and hardly ever leave the westside lmbo!!!

Back