are the men in d.c. really THAT bad?

Yes. DC rivals sub-saharan Africa sadly. I had one guy tell me a few days ago that he hates wearing condoms because he can't feel anything. He says that he puts his faith in God so he is not worried about going raw.:rolleyes:

THAT is crazy . . .

You put your faith in God while fornicating that he'll prevent the transfer of STDs?

:dead:

MY opinion, right here in NYC :yep:
Can't argue with that! This is where I met my Prince Charming. LOL

Meanwhile, I tried to read this entire thread, but could not make it all the way through (yet). When I lived in DC most of the men there were married or gay. Period. A lot of DL-ness going on there, and all about appearances. The worst thing was that these completely AVERAGE looking dudes were straight runnin' game! Seriously? Lots of cheaters, and screw the numbers. It's an attitude and a mentality that running through all the single supposedly desperate women in DC (and there are a lot) is the thing to do. :nono:

Yes. DC rivals sub-saharan Africa sadly. I had one guy tell me a few days ago that he hates wearing condoms because he can't feel anything. He says that he puts his faith in God so he is not worried about going raw.:rolleyes:

Wow, didn't know it was that bad.

THAT is crazy . . .

You put your faith in God while fornicating that he'll prevent the transfer of STDs?

:dead:

And out of curiousity, I asked him if after telling girls that, do they let him go up in them unprotected and he said, yeah some do but not all. Eek!

I saw a group of young omegas on the metro when I was out and about last night. A couple of them young tenderonis was looking real scrumptious. Hangs head in shame for checking out the youngings. One of them kept staring at me but I wouldn't return his gaze, lol.

Every since I got here, when I'm out and about some people keep asking me if I go to Howard. I am not sure what thats about. I know I look young to some people, but I don't know why specifically Howard?

^^^I was just a little perplexed bc there are several colleges in this area. I did attend an HBCU, was wondering if I was giving off a certain vibe or something:lol:

I ve only dated one and he was defintley conceited although he s a nice,polite ,person, he s an ex model and professional basketball player so yeah ,i wasnt really thinking of him as LTR material .

Atlanta and DC have been known to be terrible places for black women (dating wise) for years now. About 25 years ago a girlfriend of mine moved to DC. She was from the Midwest area, a flight attendant, gorgeous, brickhouse, beautiful brown skin, pretty hair. In the midwest men fell over her, she definitely had it going on with men, always had a date, a boyfriend, men ogling her, etc. So anyway she moves to DC and she was just stunned. She'd go to the club and men would pay her no attention, would just be waiting for a woman to approach them. This beautiful young woman became invisible when she moved to DC.

Honestly I think things went downhill for her from then on. I haven't talked to her in years though. I have another friend who may know how she is. I will check with her. I just remember how shocked she was and hearing her and other stories 25 years ago and it seems nothing has changed, if anything, maybe things are worse.

I think it depends on the individual as with anything. Some people are able to attract men and find love here.

You sure something wasn't wrong with her internally? Maybe she was so used to men feeding her ego, she wasn't able to handle from men not proposing to her everyday. And the cycle continued (and this feeling is said to repel men right?). Well, I hope she was able to get over that in the past 25 years.

Last edited:
Well I've only been here a few months. However I def do not feel invisible. Yeah maybe out here in nova where I live bc there r no blk people (but I even catch some of these older yt cats peeping out the corner of their eye, lol). But when I go in the city, the few times I have been, heads turn and people notice me all the time. "Sista u look nice today" or "that dress is beautiful on u", etc. Now they may not always approach me but I can tell I get noticed. And I'm not even all that, I'm probaly ugly by lhcf standards, but I don't care, I'm generally confident in my appearance and when I step out I feel like I'm the ish most of the time, lol.

Perhaps I'm delusional, but I feel like if I got out more/was more up on the spots to be/had a social base up here, id be pulling more.

This is also coming from someone who lived in/near atlanta before coming here. Its MUCH better here than atl imo. Now in atl I felt invisible a lot.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

^^^I've gotten asked out a handful of times since I've been here but I declined. There was something about each one that I wasn't quite feeling (for instance one kinda seemed to be bragging about himself too much). But I need to just get out and date/socialize more, so next time as long as they are fairly decent, I may just go ahead and accept.

I don't know how to post a picture or anything, but I'll post details of upcoming events -

The Carlyle Club - Nice Spot!!

Address - 411 John Carlyle Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314

On July 29, they are having a show - a tribute to Gerald Levert, Marvin Gaye and Teddy P. Dinner reservations at 6:30 and the show starts at 8:00 pm.

This is a nice happening spot (my opinion).

Proud Mary's has live entertaining every Friday and Saturday night, and it's free! It's a restaurant but they have great entertainment. It's in my neighborhood, so I go often. And I run in the park every Sunday (Ft. Washington Park). It's a very nice atmosphere, and it's right on the marina. They have a tiki bar too. I LOVE THAT PLACE because it's close to my house and if i get drunk, i don't hafta go to far to get home lolololol...

enjoy ladies!

ETA - some of these bamas that go to The Fish Market go to Proud Mary's but it's all good. lolololol.....the peeps round here swear by the Fish Market in Clinton lololol....

I been to proud mary, its ok something to do and you right about the fish market bamas:lol: We need something in southern maryland!

I been to proud mary, its ok something to do and you right about the fish market bamas:lol: We need something in southern maryland!

I agree!! DC is fun and all but I get tired of driving up there all the time for fun or don't want to deal with traffic.

Rooftop Happy Hour on a Friday in DC? Do tell!! :grin:

The Donovan House has a rooftop pool. They're kinda snooty, really funny about who they let in during happy hour. It's easier to get in for their Sunday pool party.

View 14 also has amazing (private) rooftop parties with the Thievery Corp/ESL crowd. Great spot for after parties and weekend brunch.

ETA: Nicki Minaj was hanging out at the Donovan's pool party yesterday!

Last edited:
Wow, just googled "marriage rates in washington dc" and found this:
http://newsone.com/nation/news-one-staff/washington-d-c-has-lowest-marriage-rate-in-the-nation/

Only 23% of women and 28% of men are married, compared to 48% and 52%, respectively, nationwide.

perhaps this has someting to do with the job sector? i mean, isn't dc the spot for up-and-comers?

the main reason i'm looking at dc is for the job market. for what i wanna do, dc would be a great opportunity. honestly, marriage isn't a top priority for my move. not saying marriage is impossible, but maybe just that less people are marriage minded?

also, dc is mad expensive, no? perhaps folx move to less expensive places before looking for love, or marry and then leave the city so they can actually afford to build a family

Last edited:
perhaps this has someting to do with the job sector? i mean, isn't dc the spot for up-and-comers?

the main reason i'm looking at dc is for the job market. for what i wanna do, dc would be a great opportunity. honestly, marriage isn't a top priority for my move. not saying marriage is impossible, but maybe just that less people are marriage minded?

also, dc is mad expensive, no? perhaps folx move to less expensive places before looking for love, or marry and then leave the city so they can actually afford to build a family

Yeah, I'm sure all of these things play a factor. Also, comparing DC to states is not fair. No other state is 100% urban metropolis, but DC is. Married couples are fewer in the inner city for several reasons. What they should compare it to is other cities, like NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, etc.

Ltown - i hatechu for dat :lachen::lol::lachen::lol:

i've been going to Proud Mary's for a while, way before it burned down because I have friends who live right in that immediate area. People have just discovered that spot like it's gold chile lololol

have you been to Gilligans in La Plata? I went and had fun...it's a party place, mixed crowd, etc.

@Ltown - i hatechu for dat :lachen::lol::lachen::lol:

i've been going to Proud Mary's for a while, way before it burned down because I have friends who live right in that immediate area. People have just discovered that spot like it's gold chile lololol

have you been to Gilligans in La Plata? I went and had fun...it's a party place, mixed crowd, etc.

ThatJerseyGirl, no nver been there. I'm sure you know about Po Monkey down there, I never been there either.

lololol Po Monkey u must be talking about Lamont's rofl!!! u ain't missin nuffin. trust me. i call it da juke joint lololol

or either the "Bottom" where da bikers hang out. But i don't stay down there too long tho. dem country backwoods women down der be at da bottom dressed in their Sunday best. seriously. and its only a place for bikers, get some food, a few drinks and that's it. and it's in da woods. nuffin spectacular.

More good new for ladies in DC :rolleyes:

DC not quite so top for single ladies

By ARLENE BORENSTEIN Fri Jul 29 12:29 AM

Washington D.C. isn't as attractive for single women as it was last year, according to[URL="http://singlemindedwomen.com/"]singlemindedwomen.com.
[/URL]

The website released their annual study of the Top 10 U.S. cities for single women. D.C. dropped from No. 2 last year to No. 5 this year. To come up with the rankings, the website measures factors including access to travel and social opportunities. The District's ranking dropped because of the cost of living, employment outlook and the ratio of men to women.

The website pointed out the good and the bad about living and dating in the District:

"While the unemployment rate in Washington, D.C. remains far below the national average, and indeed is the lowest of the cities on our list, lawmakers are currently wrangling over significant budget cuts that will ultimately impact jobs. The federal government is a major area employer so this is cause for consideration."

From a cultural standpoint, the nation’s capital has much to offer. The Smithsonian, the world’s largest museum complex, includes art and history museums and the National Zoo. The National Gallery of Art, other museums, memorials, and national landmarks will keep you busy and inspired.

D.C. did receive high marks for its many nature trails, proximity to airports and nearby beach destinations. New York City came in first on the list, followed by Chicago.

Last edited:
I've only been here for a month and I can tell the men here are a bit special. But at the same time, I can tell it's a good place to have fun and get to know random people...I've already gained some funny stories to tell my friends at least.

If DC is that bad, why not go into the areas in Maryland or Virginia? You don't have to stay in the district.

I think for the most part, people do include nearby neighborhoods in MD and VA as part of the "specialness" of the district.

I do have one friend who lives about an hour south of DC in Virginia . . . she met a guy at a club in DC . . . but as soon as he found out where she lived that was the LAST she heard from him :nono:

Back