APL 2012 Challenge

did an overnight dc Sunday night and my hair still feels soooooo soft, my ends feel much better than they did before. I think the reason is that i added honey to my dc, dont think i tried that before. Definitely gonna add it to the product rotation :)

After 5 long years of wanting to try JBCO, I finally broke down and ordered a bottle! Right now I'm trying it out as a pre-poo. I massaged some into my scalp and then applied a nice amount to the length of my hair and covered with a shower cap. Gonna wash it out in the morning and update y'all with the results.

The update: The next morning my hair was so soft and lustrous, I really hated to wash it! I really like how I was able to apply it directly to my scalp and not have any itching like I get with other oils. The smell is a little :ohwell: but it goes away after an hour or so. I'll continue to use JBCO for scalp massages and for overnight treatments w/o washing out.

Two job interviews tomorrow, and I have no idea what I'm doing with my hair. Oh, a bun is easy, you say? A bun is what I always wear, you say? Well then, I guess I'll go with that.

Gonna moisturize and set a few piece of my hair on flexis and let them airdry. I've wanted to try flexis forever but never got them. If I like the curls then maybe I'll give in and get them done at a salon this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@Poutchi

don't let whatever it is you are going through knock you off of your square. this is a new year and you have goals to obtain. it is too early in the game to start slacking. you are going to regret letting your hair reggie slip. get your butt up and get going lady!

@Poutchi Get back on the ball. Just think where you could be a year from now and everyday you slack off you push your goals further away. Don't sabotage your progress.

^^^I'm gonna hold you to that too and check on it tomorrow.

Thanks shortdub... I trully do need a kick to get me going... I will oil my scalp tonight and start baggyhing these braids... I am saying this here so you guys keep me accountable for it ...

So I got home yesterday around 9pm and sat down to watch tv and just be my lazy self... an hour and half later, I finally got up and decided to oil my scalp. I did it with JBCO mixed with peppermint oil. Than I moisturised my braids with a braid spray ( african pride) and then sealed with grapeseed oil. Then I baggied overnight and this morning before i put my hat on i tied the braids in a silk scarf first... First step done I guess
Thanks Ladies... I will do it and someday it will come back like last year where i was doing my hair without feeling like I needed extra effort to.

Ok I just notice the iPhone app is back up and it has a place to upload pictures now! Hopefully it works and is not a red x. I will give it a test run because I never uploaded a start picture. So this is from January 3. If they don't show, I will one day make it back on my computer I never use :-)

image-1832170393.jpg

image-2062017376.jpg

image-2612472307.jpg

I washed my hair yesterday and no breakage just a little shedding like 10 - 15 pieces. Apart from the thin edges which i seriously need to have them trimmed, Im looking forward to getting a touchup this weekend.

Getting lazy soo I put my hair in braids. Think Janet Jackson in Poetic Justice or Shanaynay lol

Attachments

• image-2691340915.jpg
    image-2691340915.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image-299148904.jpg
    image-299148904.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image-4140317972.jpg
    image-4140317972.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 18
Did another curlformer set sunday to start the week off, and its holding up pretty good, just had to add a headband today for the few curls in the front that didnt make it through the night lol. The plan is to co-wash, DC and do it all over again now that i finally got putting them in to under 30 minutes.

i finally bought a little notebook to use as a hair journal. i wrote my first entry today. hopefully this will help me keep track of everything i do and use for my hair. i am going to wet wrap my hair today. i didn't do it yesterday, since i didn't have any neck strips to hold my hair in place.

^^I have a dual purpose journal-workout and hair. Having a journal really does help keep track of everything. Especially trying to keep up with all the treatments you do with your hair and everything.

Hi guys :wave:

I haven't updated in a while. All January I was extremely lazy with my hair and wore it out the whole month. It was puff, twist out, puff, braid out, fro, puff, etc :nono:

Yesterday I took the time to do a blowout and to twist my hair in medium twists. I'll keep the twists in for a couple weeks. I really want to get some curlformers and wear curls for Valentines Day/my Birthday (Feb. 17th) but we'll see if my Fiance actually buys me the set like I asked :lol:

Oh and yesterday I passed a milestone! My first natural ponytail! Turns out I can make one with blow-dried hair :lachen: This was the first time since like last October that I blew my hair out so I had no idea...

I'm about an inch away from APL now :grin:

bighairDontCare.jpg

firstOfficialPony.jpg

twists1.jpg

im getting a steamer soon im so excited; anyone in this challenge using one and do you see a big difference with using it?

today is the start of my 3rd month on Nioxin, im so happy that i have been consistent with this vitamin, im hoping my hard work pays off!!

ok i think i am good on hair products. i just bought some more Aphogee 2 min, the 2 step, Balancing conditioner,and the Pro-vitamin leave-in. i also bought 2 wigs(half and full)

I bought Outre Keya and i didn't know she was that long.

OK, I'm joining....

~Current hair length: Layered...Front-lip length (6.5"), Crown-chin length (7.5"), Back-neck length (6")
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd: NATURAL!!!
~APL goal month: December 2012 (will need all the time I can get)
~Current Reggie and styling choices: wash bi-weekly, cowash weekly, DC weekly, M&S daily. I usually wear 2-strand twists or flat twists with ends pinned.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Protective styling including updos, twists, and braids; healthy eating

Starting pics....
xp0rom.jpg
2nqbhbs.jpg
69dq9u.jpg
2vs2ffa.jpg

Hello Chicky Babes,

Just checking in ...

I put my yarn twists in over the MLK weekend and I think my hair has grown out a little. I continue to use my HTGE mix every other day and do scalp massages to encourage blood flow to my scalp. So far so good ...

I actually had to cut back on using the HTGE mix daily cause I get tired of people saying 'it smells like lemons in here ..." :eatme: I guess I have to add another EO to the mix so it doesn't smell like pure lemons when I am in the building.

I have read the visualization board and found many ladies had good success with it ... I printed out some pics of my length check and colored in the areas where I want growth (aka my whole damn head :yep: ) and now I am claiming APL for October 2012. I am so freaking amped and I cannot wait to see what this year will bring for all of us!!

Before I go ... do any of you ladies use Spirulina or Chlorella?? I read about the supplements on one of the boards and I am really thinking about implementing it in my regimen. I just don't know if I should get the powder, the pills, or if it is even worth me trying. Since my hair is in a PS, I have no other way to feed my PJism so I am hopeful that there are some good stories out there ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated- thank you kindly!!:wave:

I am seriously thinking about purchasing Cathy Howses' deep conditioner for my hair treatments. I have used it before and loved it so I want to give it another try.

Problem is - I have sooooooooo many conditioners and I really want to give hers a fair try without interuptions from other conditioners.

Unless......I deep condition twice a week but use hers only one of those times:scratchch. Hmmmm, That just might work.

i am going to order two more wigs. i want that Euro Ashanti and It's a Cap Wig Molly. i still have my mommy wig.(she is pretty beat up though) i decided that i am going to hide my hair by wigs. (i hate wearing them. i always look like i stole them from Lil Kim or Diana Ross) but i am going to try this out. so i will have 5 wigs to work with.

i am going to do my best with getting this airdrying thing down and wear 8 twists under my wig cap. i have a satin wig cap too.

^^^I love a big wig! I've been wearing curly and wavy ones for so long that when I switched out for a straight wig, I put that sucker back in the bag after a day. Wasn't feeling it at all. It was too flat and boring. I'll probably give it away and order me some more curly diva wigs :yep:

^^^I love a big wig! I've been wearing curly and wavy ones for so long that when I switched out for a straight wig, I put that sucker back in the bag after a day. Wasn't feeling it at all. It was too flat and boring. I'll probably give it away and order me some more curly diva wigs :yep:

i got a small head, so they always look overwhelming on me. i look like i am about to sing on someone damn piano while being drunk....yeah i know...:lol

shortdub78 said:
i got a small head, so they always look overwhelming on me. i look like i am about to sing on someone damn piano while being drunk....yeah i know...:lol

:lachen: thanks for the visual

Sent by me being lazy on the couch on my Android

Back