APL 2012 Challenge

oh i am sick of this spot that i have in the crown/front area. it was completely bald from a bad coloring experience. i remember i noticed that spot in the summer when i was shedding like a dog. it's about 2-2 1/2 inches now. it took awhile for hair to grow back in the area it's taking forever to grow. maybe it might be a little longer, but who knows. i'm just glad hair is there again.

i want my hair to be longer. i so need BSL in my life. i will be able to do more, or styles will just look better to me.

Just checking in. I still have in my mini twists. I've been wrapping it in a bun but I will soon curl them for my final 4 weeks. I'm taking these down at the end of February.

Ok here's my next best attempt at getting better quality pics uploaded (with practice these will improve - I think they are different sizes yet you get the idea :drunk: )

I am ready for bed! Here is part of my regimen I posted earlier when I roller set large in the back and small in the front with organic coconut oil (very little needed). After 3 hours of air drying I removed the rollers and snapped a couple of pics of before and after with a final picture of my hair wrapped in an Evolve Hair Band from Sally's Beauty Supply (I picked up the headband this weekend as I just ordered by Satin Pillowcase!)

Definitely not aiming for perfection at night zzzzzzzzzz. I'll aim for perfection in the morning :yep:

Attachments

• smallrollerset.JPG
    smallrollerset.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 29
  • backrollerset.JPG
    backrollerset.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 26
  • frontsoftcurls.JPG
    frontsoftcurls.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 26
  • backsoftcurls.JPG
    backsoftcurls.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 28
  • frontevolveheadband.JPG
    frontevolveheadband.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 27
shortdub78 why did my mind go in the gutter when u said "bad coloring experience"??! Lol! Took me a sec to figure out u were actually talking about hair color. I've been on LHCF too long- even normal words take on different meanings here! LOL! I'm back on track now... ;)

livinthevida hi! My scalp massages are very simple. I usually use an applicator bottle (from Sally's) with oil (whatever you like best. Mine is mostly castor with grapeseed, a tiny bit of coconut, some hot six oil, and a bit of jojoba and sweet almond oil) and then apply just a few squirts on my scalp in different places. Maybe four quick squirts. Then I put my fingers on my scalp (pads of my fingers, not my nails) and move them in small circles. I do it for about ten seconds, stop for a few, and start again. I do this for five minutes whenever I feel like it. You don't have to stop and start like I do. I just do it cuz I like the way my scalp starts to tingle lol. Afterwards I smooth my hair back down and do my best to not mess with it too much. Also, you may not always need to add oil the next time you decide to massage. I don't because there's usually a little bit already there from the day before. I used castor oil to bring my edges back after a bad sew in. I massaged them at least three times a week for a few mo this and then one day I realized they were back. I swear by castor oil. That stuff is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
kupenda Thanks! The massage technique sounds wonderful and easy to do! I have the organic coconut oil and hot six oil (yet to use the hot six oil there was a sale on a 3-pack months ago!) I have never used grape seed, castor oil, or sweet almond oil, where to purchase these? and what brand do you recommend?

Unfortunately I am avoiding using jojoba oil as I believe this help cause a bad scalp/hair allergy last fall :-(

Any other LHCF members have recommendations for scalp massages or treating thinning hair?
****THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!****

Took my time last night and put in about 30 Celie braids last night while watching the boring *** Pro Bowl. Used some gel on them this time to help them last a bit longer. I told my mom about the idea of getting yarn braids and she looked at me like I had a 2nd head on my shoulders or somethin :lol:

im having a good time with all these nice comments at work. about my wig (which for some exept blacks) know think i really cut my hair....llol massaging, eating well, etc..

lets keep up the work .

i am giving myself a protein treatment tomorrow. i am going to set it on large rollers and bun until my next wash. really wish i could air dry.

Soo i took my sew-in out last night after just 3 weeks of having it:ohwell: .. i couldn't take it anymore, curly weaves are not for me:nono:

I've been battling a huge headache ALL day and figured out a pattern: I seem to always get a mild to moderate headache the day after using my latest sulfur mix. So I guess it's back to the drawing board with my mixology degree...ain't no growth elixir worth me sitting in my office all day with all the lights off looking like a vampire. Coworkers probably think I had a hangover from the weekend. Lol

I wore my hair straight today. I got soooo many compliments! Mom keeps saying I look like a white girl. So you know I had to be like "why, cuz my hair isn't all broken off and crispy?". She said yeah lol. Nice.

And here's a few pics

Attachments

• image-3936819033.jpg
    image-3936819033.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3873027138.jpg
    image-3873027138.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 55
  • image-728323090.jpg
    image-728323090.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3066227466.jpg
    image-3066227466.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 52
The first two pics are from yesterday. The last two are a few days ago. I was trying to get a little more volume in my bun and ended up using bobby pins instead of an elastic.

My coworkers have been asking how I grew my hair do fast. But they don't take the "massage" thing seriously. It works!!

I think a trip to Sally's is in my future. I need more little rubber bands for my Celies. One broke today while I was putting on a little moisturizer :perplexed:

Ladies I trully need motivation... I haven t done much to my hair since I came back from vacation (january 11th)... I shampooed twice so far and never DC'ed yet... How do you find motivation when u just feel like staying in bed all day everyday??? HEEEEELP ( screaming...)

Poutchi
Ladies I trully need motivation... I haven t done much to my hair since I came back from vacation (january 11th)... I shampooed twice so far and never DC'ed yet... How do you find motivation when u just feel like staying in bed all day everyday??? HEEEEELP ( screaming...)

don't let whatever it is you are going through knock you off of your square. this is a new year and you have goals to obtain. it is too early in the game to start slacking. you are going to regret letting your hair reggie slip. get your butt up and get going lady!

@Poutchi

don't let whatever it is you are going through knock you off of your square. this is a new year and you have goals to obtain. it is too early in the game to start slacking. you are going to regret letting your hair reggie slip. get your butt up and get going lady!

Thanks shortdub... I trully do need a kick to get me going... I will oil my scalp tonight and start baggyhing these braids... I am saying this here so you guys keep me accountable for it ...

OMG!! I've had a migraine since Friday and this headband is working my nerves, LITERALLY!!! I didn't feel like doing my hair this weekend but I need to style it some type of way so I can take a break from my headbands at least until this episode goes away.

From the size of my puff i can tell my hair is growing!! :happydance:

Poutchi Get back on the ball. Just think where you could be a year from now and everyday you slack off you push your goals further away. Don't sabotage your progress.

Back