APL 2012 Challenge

hey y'all!

I know i haven't been posting much- lurking runs through my veins lol- but i'm going to try to make a conscious effort to be around more. It's been a crazy semester and I broke my phone so I can only LHCF on the computer now :( Anywho, in terms of hair.... I cut off about an inch last night because I kept seeing splits and breaks- I'm still probably a good 2 1/2 inches out from APL, so I'm not gonna make it by June like i thought. I think I'm gonna aim for September instead. I need to focus more on protective styling and handling my hair with care because I just realized I'm kinda rough on it.
i need to add pictures but i'm in the same boat as everyone else who doesn't know how to do it and i can't for the life of me remember how i uploaded my starting pic. link me please dolls!

and just want to add that it really feels like we are a family in here! whenever i get a break to come on lhcf this is the first thread i check lol

I was trying to put myself on a schedule of dusting on the 30th of the month, but the cutting bug hit me again. I did a righteous dusting of the SSK's, and hope I am still able to show some progress at our next length check.

Completely off the subject. Every time my no good ex gets dumped, he wants to holler. Be glad when finally tricks somebody into marrying him. The biggest wedding gift will be from me. I am going to hire Etta James to sing 'At Last' at his wedding.

hey y'all!

I know i haven't been posting much- lurking runs through my veins lol- but i'm going to try to make a conscious effort to be around more. It's been a crazy semester and I broke my phone so I can only LHCF on the computer now :( Anywho, in terms of hair.... I cut off about an inch last night because I kept seeing splits and breaks- I'm still probably a good 2 1/2 inches out from APL, so I'm not gonna make it by June like i thought. I think I'm gonna aim for September instead. I need to focus more on protective styling and handling my hair with care because I just realized I'm kinda rough on it.
i need to add pictures but i'm in the same boat as everyone else who doesn't know how to do it and i can't for the life of me remember how i uploaded my starting pic. link me please dolls!

and just want to add that it really feels like we are a family in here! whenever i get a break to come on lhcf this is the first thread i check lol

OK....I don't know how to "link" yet...but I do know how to copy and paste :) These are the instructions that I just learned from the other day.

Here you go:

Originally Posted by livinthevida
Welcome @Mjon912!

I have Windows 7 at home yet I believe the steps should be the same in any Web Browser (I use Firefox 11 and Internet Explorer 9). Here are a few instructions:
  1. Click New Reply (see bottom right of page)
  2. Scroll down a little further (see Additional Options)
  3. Select Manage Attachments (under Attach Files)
  4. Select Browse to upload pictures from your Computer
  5. Browse your computer for picture(s) to post
  6. Select Open after selecting picture(s)
  7. Select Upload (picture now appears under Current Attachments)
  8. You can remove the picture by selecting Remove or keep the picture by closing the window (Select Close this window or press the red x)
  9. Enter comments and select Submit Reply

@Angela4769 all of the ladies here have great recommendations! & @Seamonster is right I had amazing results by using Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) to improve thinning hair at the top of my head. Here is a link to my 90 Day Results posted April 28, 2012!

There's also good results at African Tresses' Blog here. She outlines step by step all the things she used and what worked for her in just 8 weeks to improve her edges

Thank you for this livinthevida ! I started having postpartum shedding 2 months ago and my edges are looking rough! I'm going to try massaging coconut oil tonight and switch to jbco when I have access to it again.

Thanks. I've been using coconut oil on my ends every day for the past couple of months. I'll look up MN.

I never "slick" my edges. I guess it looks that way because they're so short. I think that happened as a result of breakage from my last few touch ups. That's one of the reasons that I ended up on LHCF...looking for ways to patch up my ex-stylist's mistakes.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Angela4769 check out the MN Challenge (link on my siggy). Some of the ladies in the challenge are just using MN for their edges specifically. It has really accelerated my growth rate since I started back in March!

faithVA said:
a hairy style? :lol: I need to slow down in my typing. Glad you knew what I meant.

i didnt even realize lol ! hairy style lol.
i also type fast with my phone and when i read after i laugh at myself and feel ridiculous.

Thank so much for the encouragement and advice ladies. I decided against texlaxing. I love my natural hair, just get frustrated from time to time because I'm still learning my hair because my first year I pretty much had it hidden either in kinky twists or sew-ins. As far as a regimen goes, I pretty much just shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo once a week, co-wash 1-2x a week, moisturize & seal (need to be better about this cause I don't do it every day), deep condition with every shampoo, & protein as needed. I still don't like the way my twist outs look. I don't know if it's because I have fine hair or if I'm not doing enough twists but they never look full. I just pull all my twist outs up into a puff. I'm going to Target & Ulta tomorrow to treat myself to some new hair products & start wearing my own hair out now.

Got my weekend style finished! Can't wait till tomorrow..Dubai bound to see my hun. This is my first quickweave wig.

Attachments

• php8V0sVMAM.jpg
    php8V0sVMAM.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 34
I think im getting there. I'm going to get my ipod fixed sometime by next week and upload pics. I must admit I have not even started any of the challenges i joined so I prob could have got more growth if i actually did the castor oil and megatek challenges and stuff..

Lurkee - Yep, that is what I do now to rotate in and out hair bands.

Wow, been gone for a couple of days and now I have like at least 5 pages to read.

ETA: Correction, 10 pages (just realized after this posted on the 11th page from where I was :drunk:

I think im getting there. I'm going to get my ipod fixed sometime by next week and upload pics. I must admit I have not even started any of the challenges i joined so I prob could have got more growth if i actually did the castor oil and megatek challenges and stuff..

Are you going to start using those products soon? I most def want to see before and after pics if you do :yep:

@Lurkee - Yep, that is what I do now to rotate in and out hair bands.

Wow, been gone for a couple of days and now I have like at least 5 pages to read.

ETA: Correction, 10 pages (just realized after this posted on the 11th page from where I was :drunk:

TruMe and how is that lovely almost BSL hair doing?? :lick:

Did a WGO/Lustrasilk AV Cholesterol pre-poo, followed by a straight condition (didn't do a co wash, wanted to see how it would turn out). Hair doesn't feel so slippy today, I forgot what I put in my Molasses conditioner mix (should've read my earlier post, silly me!).

Followed up by M&S with Cantu Moisturizer/Amla + Shea Butter. Hair not so soft after this latest treatment, and I have shrinkage!!!!!

Will try a DC on Friday see if I can't get my hair back to how it's been the last few days.

Still wigging it over here.
I'm thinking about dcing with a showercap under my sunhat while I do some gardening , I'm all about the multitasking lol

After school ends (May 25th) I'm going to keep my hair in cornrows the whole summer... Kind of tired of wash-n-gos.
So my plan for that weekend is:
Henna Treatment
Shampoo
DC
Leave-in
seal with oil and braid it up and say good by for 2/3 weeks

NikkiQ -:lol: You are too funny. You see all my progress pics in here are close up and only of my front. :grin: I love curly hair and would just be too excited if I could be APL without pulling. But, I will settle with at least my shortest layer being there stretched. I love your color btw!

Still wigging it over here.
I'm thinking about dcing with a showercap under my sunhat while I do some gardening , I'm all about the multitasking lol

Gotta love multi-tasking. Plus that extra heat will help the DC REALLY get your hair feelin super yummy and soft!

@NikkiQ -:lol: You are too funny. You see all my progress pics in here are close up and only of my front. :grin: I love curly hair and would just be too excited if I could be APL without pulling. But, I will settle with at least my shortest layer being there stretched. I love your color btw!

Girl I saw your pics from behind too. You're not just APL in the front and you know it! I would kill for your hair....:sekret:

After school ends (May 25th) I'm going to keep my hair in cornrows the whole summer... Kind of tired of wash-n-gos.
So my plan for that weekend is:
Henna Treatment
Shampoo
DC
Leave-in
seal with oil and braid it up and say good by for 2/3 weeks

Hey ManiiSweetheart,

That sounds like a great plan for retention. Do you plan to wear the cornrows out?

Showing my soaking wet hair and it's shrinkage.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Attachments

• image-159595944.jpg
    image-159595944.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 27
I'm finally using some of my Vitacost purchases from last summer. This week I stared using the Fruit of the Earth Lemon and Rosenmary conditioner. First impression- I'm not a fan of the scent. It smells more like a man's conditioner to me.

skraprchik said:
I'm finally using some of my Vitacost purchases from last summer. This week I stared using the Fruit of the Earth Lemon and Rosenmary conditioner. First impression- I'm not a fan of the scent. It smells more like a man's conditioner to me.

Are you using it to cowash with?

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

I've turned into a product junkie...I keep telling myself I'm not buying any more hair products but I just discovered the 'just grow already' blog and man... I want her hair... I ended up checking out the darcy's botanicals website and wound up spending 80$ on hair products...mind you I just dropped close to $150, maybe more, in the last month on products...every time I get something I stash it under my sink real quick so my BF doesn't see...smh

On another note I'm trying to bun until my birthday in sept, I do a messy bun with no elastic just a clip to keep it in place...do you think I will hav damage from the clip being on my ends...I thought this was safer then using an elastic

Back