APL 2012 Challenge

Ive added exercise to my reggie I used to hate it only cause im like a 110lbs soaking wet:) but now I want a lil muscle I hope to be nicely toned up by june!

I'm 100lb wet AND dressed, lol! My BF keeps telling me to exercise, says it will help with my hair because the extra blood circulating round delivering nutrients and oxygen to the scalp, etc. So now I run for 10 mins every other day and on the days in between I try to remember to hang upside down to get some blood rushing to my head. I just tell myself that if I do that consistently week after week as part of my reggie it contributes 1/4" a month to my length. Every little helps!

Dcing overnight. I have to figure out how to do a true length check without heat or help. Maybe I need to start doing yoga so I can reach.

I've been trying to find a way round this too... figure if I'm only going to flat iron once every two months I should use it for a social event, not on a length check, lol!!!

How bout small braids, maybe 6 each side? Very easy to take pics so you can check progress on a more regular basis without feeling you've compromised yourself using heat just to check how your doing, which seems a little counterproductive or whatnot.

OK, I'm new to this whole forum thing, so if this ends up in the wrong place, forgive me.

I'm also at the beginning of my HHJ. I just started maybe a month ago. I'm happy and excited to be among so many people who are excited about healthy hair.

~Current hair length--SL
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd -Relaxed
~APL goal month December
~Current Reggie and styling choices
Daily - moisturizing with S Curl moisturizer/seal with coconut oil
Weekly - wash with Trader Joe's Tingle Tea Tree Shampoo, DC (still looking for the right DCs to use...have tried Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol)
...haven't used any heat, plan on air-drying and braid outs, twist outs, bantu knot outs...not too comfortable with bunning yet, but look forward to it when I can make it cute

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? learn how to incorporate protein into my regimen, use more protective styling
~Post a beginning pictureI will post a beginning pic as soon as I figure out how to

Hi Angela! You sound just like me! I started my HHJ two months ago, hoping to make it from SL to APL at the back and EL to SL at the front by the end of this year too.

I'm transitioning (got 2 or 3" of relaxed ends), and my basic reggie is CO wash 1x, DC 2x, Poo 1x. I'm taking Biotin and have ordered a TON of extra goodies that'll be here in the next few days to try and refine my reggie.

I posted my February and April pics - Let's do this together!

Attachments

• feb-12-front.jpg
    feb-12-front.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 20
  • apr-2012-front.jpg
    apr-2012-front.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 16
claud-uk said:
I've been trying to find a way round this too... figure if I'm only going to flat iron once every two months I should use it for a social event, not on a length check, lol!!!

How bout small braids, maybe 6 each side? Very easy to take pics so you can check progress on a more regular basis without feeling you've compromised yourself using heat just to check how your doing, which seems a little counterproductive or whatnot.

I will have to try this when picture time comes. My sister and I are on our journey together, but she is a few hundred miles away and the boyfriend is slowly getting on the wagon, bit he is quick to say " what? You know you to call your sister with those crazy acronyms." I'm trying to go heat free until July when I will blow dry, flat iron and trim. Trying to be good until then so I can have good news to share.

I am hoping that I only have another inch or two until APL. What do you think?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120505_105620.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120505_105620.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 23
  • ForumRunner_20120505_105649.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120505_105649.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 18
  • ForumRunner_20120505_105739.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120505_105739.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 24
What does everyone think of my trim? I feel she did cut off a little more than I'd like on the sides this time. I always tell her I want it layered like eva longoria, and i wind up with some variations of a U or V shape in the back :perplexed. Anyway its definitely trimmed, not dusted, but my ends were in such bad shape so I guess it was a necessary evil. Last nite my mom was like you get your hair trimmed but dont actually want it to be any shorter. How does that work? I'm like :ohwell:. Do folks think she cut too much?

The good news is I have no ssk's now or split ends, and I can see I'm a clear 3 inches to BSL now, so maybe I can make that by y/e, which would be fine, bc that matches some of my other life goals. Hoping this trim will give me a growth spurt.

Posting pics from Jan 20, then last week b4 trim, then yesterday after trim

Attachments

• 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Hair April 29.jpg
    Hair April 29.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 5-5-12 post trim.jpg
    5-5-12 post trim.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I wish that I could be in this challenge but I'm newly CL....still aspiring to get to APL.
HHJ

We will all get there, just a bit of a patience game :spinning:

I have been texlaxing for almost a year now, really thinking about going natural.

I keep going back and forth to, my major worry is shrinkage; if I'm experiencing it now imagine being natural, but I'm in love with my curls *sigh*

P.S I'm clarifying, steaming and rollersetting for birthday hair tommorrow. I will post pics! :D

I'm almost tempted to take my Celies down and stretch my hair out in big cornrows so I can wear my hair out for the week, but idk. I'd probably just end up wearing a wig anyway lol

NikkiQ 3 weeks. I have itchy scalp so i was at the point of having scarring on my scalp. I'll keep my hair for a week then go right back for another 3 weeks. I love that hair.

Hi Angela! You sound just like me! I started my HHJ two months ago, hoping to make it from SL to APL at the back and EL to SL at the front by the end of this year too.

I'm transitioning (got 2 or 3" of relaxed ends), and my basic reggie is CO wash 1x, DC 2x, Poo 1x. I'm taking Biotin and have ordered a TON of extra goodies that'll be here in the next few days to try and refine my reggie.

I posted my February and April pics - Let's do this together!
Great progress claud-uk between February and April!

How much do you think your hair grew? You can tell in these pictures your hair became fuller from the crown to your shoulder

OMG, I posted the last 4 messages - where everybody at? :lol:
LOL claud-uk! I do this all the time :lol: especially after work!

I figure if I can get all my responses in at once then I am done for the night...yet then I can't help but check in again right before bed! I should start using that multiquote button right along with the set of instructions and put these to good use :)

Back