anyone else feel like their hair ain't growing longer?

Daughter

UK Blak
I do! I know shrinkage is a major factor here but I see little progress since last year (no comparison pics just yet). I have slacked off the vitamins but shoot I've been taking good care of my hair, been abstainin' from heat so what's up?! I think I may have hit my maximum length, about 1.5" from brastrap when stretched.

I feel this way sometimes especially now since my excitement was only temporary when I discovered that my hair seems longer when I do a pull down test vs straightening my hair!

Don't get discouraged! I think as long as you continue to take good care of your hair and scalp (hair grows from the scalp so it needs a good environment to help foster growth, and taking care of the hair itself ensure it stays around longer by deterring breakage) your hair will continue to grow. My hair has definitely been growing longer, since I stopped trimming it excessively. :)

Daughter,

Your hair is beautiful, thick and long. It's long in all of your pics so its hard to tell if it is growing or not. But goodness gracious if my maximum length turns out to be that close to bra strap...I think I'd faint.

my stupid hair is not growing. Im going to go back to taking 5000mcg and i give it three months. if it doesnt grow, im shaving it...

Okay Daughter & Bublnbrnsuga I am so mad and disappointed with both of you :look:. The both of you are on my journal list of natural hair inspirations! Here I am :drool:ing over your hair albums because my hair wants to be like yours when it grows up and ya'll are sitting up in here talking about how discouraged you are :nono: :naughty:

I decided to TRY not to take so many pics b/c I analyze to much....I have a pic from a month ago where my hair looked really long...but I have yet to see it again. So I'm better off leaving the length shots to biweekly or monthly as opposed to EVERY WASH....lol

thanks for the encouragement ladies! My frustration was mainly that I've stayed away from using heat on my hair completely since December but I still find badly split ends, in a moment of madness I almost cut it all off to start again but with a nice hot oil treatment and pampering I'll be cool.

I'm also taking fewer pics, gonna update every 2-3 months instead of every month like I had been doing :)

Daughter, your hair is beautiful! You're like me....when I was natural, all I did was wear twists. Nothing but twists for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. :lol:

Thanks girl! I had been having a my hair/skin/body looks like poop day... I need to get back on the drinking water tip so maybe that's what was up with my poor ole hair and skin...

Daughter said:
Thanks girl! I had been having a my hair/skin/body looks like poop day... I need to get back on the drinking water tip so maybe that's what was up with my poor ole hair and skin...

Well, that's better than a "my hair/skin/body smells like poop day". :lol:

Daughter, I feel your pain. I have layers and want to to keep trimming the longer ones until the short ones catch up. Since my hair grows at a snail's pace I've been stuck at this one length forever. I console myself with the knowledge theat even if it never grows, my healthy short hair looks a lot better than my longer fried hair did back in the day.

I've been concerned about my hair lately because of the massive amount of shedding that's been happening with it... I wouldn't lose length because of that would I?? :confused: After all, it's not thinning/breaking off.

luvSLave said:
Daughter, I feel your pain. I have layers and want to to keep trimming the longer ones until the short ones catch up. Since my hair grows at a snail's pace I've been stuck at this one length forever. I console myself with the knowledge theat even if it never grows, my healthy short hair looks a lot better than my longer fried hair did back in the day.

ohhh layers... I've been there, it's such a pain growing them out, isn't it?! At least your hair is healthy, that's a great start :)

brownhaired_bonanza said:
I've been concerned about my hair lately because of the massive amount of shedding that's been happening with it... I wouldn't lose length because of that would I?? :confused: After all, it's not thinning/breaking off.

hmm... is it shedding all over? Or could it just be part of hair's cycle? Or maybe you need to de-stress? Or have you used any new products/chemicals that are causing the shedding?

Daughter said:
hmm... is it shedding all over? Or could it just be part of hair's cycle? Or maybe you need to de-stress? Or have you used any new products/chemicals that are causing the shedding?

No, it's not shedding all over. Just at the very ends. I'm just thinking it's a spring cycle thing. I'm not stressed out at all and i've been watching my diet and exercising regulary, so perhaps I shouldn't be too concerned. :ohwell:

I straight up feel like that. My hair doesn't seem to be getting thicker & my nape is moving as slow, maybe slower than, a snail!
I'm just going to sit tight & see what happens by the time I finish my 5 months stretch... :ohwell:
I also remind myself that my hair is going through different stages of growth so I just have to be patient & take care of each section seperately for now...

Back