Natural hair ladies, DON'T GET DISCOURAGED if your hair does not seem to grow!

Jessy first I would like to say congradulations on your hair growth and I just want to let you know that your hair looks great and you are a true inspiartion I love that hair banding Idea does It work in growing out your hair. my hair is also fine so I am trying to find out ways to retain length. Thanks for the insight on grow because I was feeling down about my hair growth.

Miss Jessy! Your hair has G-R-O-W-N! I have been following your album and you appear to have one of the most simple, length retaining maintainance regimes for natural hair and it sure shows in the amount of length you are retaining. I understand that you are mainly a no comb no brush.....just band and go or wrap and go lady. I am still natural but I do experiment a lot looking for the same idea of low maintenance. My texture is changing overtime due to the extra moisturizing and hair packs it receives. I am happy to be one length all over no layers touching the bra strap when just barely stretched. Lots of protective styling. I do find that I can not go indefinitely without brushing because the strands are so find they would mat if just left, so I try to stretch the brushing time like some people stretch relaxers....just when it can't go any longer. Congratulations and happy growing. I will definitely be doing some serious banding once my hair hits the bottom of my straw strap. Just excellent choice. Bonjour.

Yep. That lovely 'shrinkage factor' can be very decieving. I know that when I wear my ahir out people are so shocked, which gets on my nerves, but hey. Anyway, good growing Jessy!

Netta1, Hopeful, Isubabiedee, Juju, Good2uuuu, thanks for the congrats and support. :wave:

Micarae, I had to laugh at "strand like cobwebs." You're so wrong for that, but you're so right too!! :lachen:

Sugarsweet, I don't think banding will grow out your hair. Like braiding or plaiting, it's only a way to keep my nappy hair from shrinking back to 1 inch.

Mahalialee4 said:
I understand that you are mainly a no comb no brush.....just band and go or wrap and go lady. I am still natural but I do experiment a lot looking for the same idea of low maintenance. My texture is changing overtime due to the extra moisturizing and hair packs it receives.

Mahalialee, what is your extra moisturizing and hair pack regimen for your hair that's changing the texture? Please share. :yep:

Let me clarify, it's not like I never brush or comb my hair. I do. I only do it right after washing my hair, while my hair is still wet, never dry. Well, correction, I do brush or comb my hair dry when I do dry twists. But, that's it... Brushing or combing my hair dry breaks my hair. I find hair strands and hair pieces all over the place...

Anyway, I tried to do multiple buns a couple of days ago, and I didn't like it. I looked like I had horns growing out of my head. :( So, I went back to the 2-buns protective style. When I get tired of looking like Minnie Mouse, I'll think of something else, like doing twists or something, but I dread spending 1 h 1/2 to 2 hours twisting my hair. Having my hair in 2 buns is so much simpler...

To sum it up briefly: The first week
I mudpack with A. a Hesh product pack called Kalpitone that I buy at an Indian grocery. I mix it with hot water, coconut milk and honey and leave on for a couple of hours with a heating cap. 2. I rotate that with coconut-honey-avocado oil moisturizer pack for about 2 hours the same night or the nex. I then rotate that with my okra castor oil/carrot oil homemade...shampoo the next morning and rinse every second night and start the process over again minus the pack but instead do the Cathy Howse thing for the second week, then repeat the first week routine but instead I use a different of pack--eg. lotus powder with coconut milk. The next pack may be unsalted butter before the shampoo and the next pack may be strictly Black Strap molasses with coconut milk, depending on how I feel. I do a henna treatment every month as well and a coconut milk lime mixture every 3 months. The main thing is I try to keep a balance of extreme moisture, with the packs by using a white small kitchen catcher bad each time with the pack, and air dry in a wrap style. The coconut milk keeps the hair extremely moisturizied. The henna; and the herbs in the Kalpitone mix keep the hair smooth. Hope this helps. Bonjour.

Very good point. Consistency is everything. No matter what we do if we keep doing it the body will eventually follow. This is the good and bad things we do. Let's try to be consistent in doing good in all aspects and our lives will be reflective and of course good hair care our hair we eventually follow. :grin:

Back