Any Soul Mate Stories, Care To Share?

Do you think this is Soulmate category?

24 Oct
Tori @torihelmke
Today somebody asked my professor how he knew he wanted to marry his wife & he said, “I took her to the grocery store to get ice cream & while she was picking out a flavor, I realized she was who I wanted to grocery shop w for the rest of my life..”
1f62d.png

Bo @bosmiddy38

Remember when I told you I thought grocery shopping with someone is a serious commitment? Well it is. @corey_chelle
I would need more details. But I thought this was interesting. Personally, my two folk fall into the first one, more so my dh- I always get these weird deja vu moments that make me think this was always going to happen.

Soulmate Relationship

• You feel a deep, spiritual connection to this person almost like you have known them for a long time.
  • You have flashbacks or deja vu moments where you feel that you have been together before.
  • You seem to understand each other and have a similar way of thinking.
  • You may have similar flaws or habits, or you both had similar challenges during childhood.
  • Your connection is intense and so too is the relationship. Often it can move from extreme highs to extreme lows.
  • You feel in sync with each other even when you are not physically together. There may be a feeling of having to team up together to conquer something.
  • You know intuitively what the other is thinking or feeling. You feel very in-tune and connected with their thoughts and actions.
  • Your relationship is emotional, challenging and can bring things out in you that you didn’t know existed.
  • You may experience huge shifts and changes in your life when you first meet this person.
  • Your relationship may not last forever but the love is always there.
Life Partner Relationship

• You feel attracted to each other physically and resonate with each others values.
  • You enjoy getting to know each other and learn about your differences and similarities- everything about each other feels new and exciting.
  • You get along like best friends- your relationship does not suffer from extremes.
  • Your relationship is based on logical or intellectual decisions.
  • You resonate with each others beliefs, ideas or religion/philosophy.
  • You both feel a sense of financial and emotional stability by being together.
  • Your relationship is based on being physically present and creating new memories.
  • You feel the need to marry or start a family in order to ‘cement’ your relationship

Long, but hopefully worth it!

My version-
19 years ago, I went to an event in downtown ATL with my best friend. My BFF ended up running into a friend from UGA and he was with two of his friends. When I saw my FH, I clearly saw a light or an aura surrounding him. I knew that he was a good guy. He was 6'3, handsome, and chocolate brown..just how I like my men! My FH and I made small talk. I told him my name and I talked about studying for the CPA exam and other trivialities. He was pretty quiet, but I gave him my number and that was that. (I just realized that back in the day, I only gave out my number. I did not take the man's number because I had no intention of calling them first!) I was still secretly hoping that I would hear from the Hawks player and the others with whom I had given my number to. I did not hear from anyone the next day on Sunday. By Monday, I had heard from everyone except FH. On Tuesday, I received a dozen roses at work, a CPA exam study book, and a note that FH would love to help me study. And our relationship was born! I am so thankful that our steps were ordered and that we made a connection and commitment to God and our relationship. We have been through our ups and downs, but there is NO ONE else that I would ever spend this journey with.

DH's version-
He said that he felt an almost overwhelming urging to attend the downtown event. He had been talking about it with his friends for about two weeks and would not let them get out of it. He literally prayed that he would meet the woman that he was to marry. He asked God, "I am DUMB, so please it obvious even to me who you have chosen for me!" Once at the event, he said he watched me from the moment I walked in. He noticed all the men that flocked to me and watched my reaction. (He still calls me out for being a flirt!) He told me that he saw a ring on my left finger and thought that I was engaged or married, so he started not to say anything. Then his best friend started talking to my best friend. When DH asked me my name I said, "My name is Angel, which means messenger of God." He said that he was dumbstruck that his prayer had been answered so clearly... he could barely get any words out. He said that he had ordered the flowers to be delivered to my job on Monday with his phone number. When he didn't hear from me on Monday, he called the florist on Tuesday and made them call him when delivery was confirmed. He then called me at work and the rest is history.

We have aspects of the soulmate and life partner relationship...mainly life partner. We too, create an energy together that makes everything seem possible! He knows me inside out and then some. We communicate without saying a word.

Last edited:

My version-
19 years ago, I went to an event in downtown ATL with my best friend. My BFF ended up running into a friend from UGA and he was with two of his friends. When I saw my FH, I clearly saw a light or an aura surrounding him. I knew that he was a good guy. He was 6'3, handsome, and chocolate brown..just how I like my men! My FH and I made small talk. I told him my name and I talked about studying for the CPA exam and other trivialities. He was pretty quiet, but I gave him my number and that was that. (I just realized that back in the day, I only gave out my number. I did not take the man's number because I had no intention of calling them first!) I was still secretly hoping that I would hear from the Hawks player and the others with whom I had given my number to. I did not hear from anyone the next day on Sunday. By Monday, I had heard from everyone except FH. On Tuesday, I received a dozen roses at work, a CPA exam study book, and a note that FH would love to help me study. And our relationship was born! I am so thankful that our steps were ordered and that we made a connection and commitment to God and our relationship. We have been through our ups and downs, but there is NO ONE else that I would ever spend this journey with.

DH's version-
He said that he felt an almost overwhelming urging to attend the downtown event. He had been talking about it with his friends for about two weeks and would not let them get out of it. He literally prayed that he would meet the woman that he was to marry. He asked God, "I am DUMB, so please it obvious even to me who you have chosen for me!" Once at the event, he said he watched me from the moment I walked in. He noticed all the men that flocked to me and watched my reaction. (He still calls me out for being a flirt!) He told me that he saw a ring on my left finger and thought that I was engaged or married, so he started not to say anything. Then his best friend started talking to my best friend. When DH asked me my name I said, "My name is Angel, which means messenger of God." He said that he was dumbstruck that his prayer had been answered so clearly... he could barely get any words out. He said that he had ordered the flowers to be delivered to my job on Monday with his phone number. When he didn't hear from me on Monday, he called the florist on Tuesday and made them call him when delivery was confirmed. He then called me at work and the rest is history.

We have aspects of the soulmate and life partner relationship...mainly life partner. We too, create an energy together that makes everything seem possible! He knows me inside out and then some. We communicate without saying a word.

That is beautiful!! I loved the part when you told him that your name is Angel, which means messenger of God. God gave your hubby such a clear sign! Great story!

How do you know if someone is a soul mate/twin flame if you are both intuitive? For example, I dated a guy who could read my mind (and vice versa). I would have a random thought on one day, and he would act on it the next time I saw him. I felt like he could see right through me. Our friendship was weird, almost complicated. We were not meant to be together, but I was told that we have met up with each other in previous lives.

I would not call him a soul mate, or necessarily there to teach each other a lesson, but we were definitely on the same wavelength. I'd even say it was beyond that.

I do believe I've met my soul mates in this life. I refer to these people as "spiritual family". The most interesting one is a guy who I believe I mothered in a past life. We have a strange pull towards each other. I realized that it's not a bf-gf attraction, it's totally something else. I also think I was my brother's mother in a past life also.

I'll leave it at that so that I don't derail the thread.

I believe I've had a number of "soul mate" experiences from childhood to adulthood.

Its like a meeting of the minds I've had with friends, acquaintances and guys even though we were not romantically involved.

It seems to me like an energy thing. Dh even commented on it. I have a weird effect on some folk who want to morph into me or "keep" me. I've only felt reciprocal to a few though.

My version-

DH's version-

What a beautiful story!

I do believe I've met my soul mates in this life. I refer to these people as "spiritual family". The most interesting one is a guy who I believe I mothered in a past life. We have a strange pull towards each other. I realized that it's not a bf-gf attraction, it's totally something else. I also think I was my brother's mother in a past life also.

I'll leave it at that so that I don't derail the thread.
No, don't stop, sounds very interesting :)

I feel like Im having a similar experience with a guy Ive recently met. I have never known a more supportive, caring and thoughtful man outside of my family. We talk practically all day every day and he often texts/calls whenever Im thinking about him. I feel like I finally know what it means to vibrate on the same frequency with another member of the opposite sex. I absolutely adore him and hope our relationship develops beyond friendship, but Ive made peace that even if it doenst Im grateful for this experience and know that if my God can create one, He can create another.

I had my first soul mate experience when I was 15 and he 16. We were leaving church to head over to the hall next door. We were outside the hall at opposite ends, saw each other and just stopped dead in our tracks. We just stared at each other for what seemed like ages. Time stopped and everything else faded away but us two. It was an intense moment. I instantly knew this was the man I was gonna marry. It was a knowing. I don’t know how else to explain it. It’s like he was everything I wanted in a man but didn’t know: tall, very handsome, same faith, friend of the family, etc... Even though our parents were close friends I had never met him because he was away at boarding school. Let’s call him X.

After that he started calling me. He got my number through friends and we’d talk for hours. It was so easy to talk to him. It was such an intense attraction between us that everyone around assumed we’d end up together. We never even told them. Wherever we were he’d be staring at me hard, even my sister noticed and told me about it. His parents started treating me like their daughter in law and his brother calls me sister. They still do that till this day! :lol: I got really close to his mother, laid in the hospital bed with her when she was sick and everything. When she died MY friends called me and said: “your husband’s mom just passed away. Did you know that?” I didn’t. Because by then X and I were not on speaking terms. I’ll explain.

We never formally dated. We were young and dumb. Looking back I wasn’t a healthy person either. I was a Codependent and attracted toxic relationships. X and I would spend weeks talking, he’d ask me out but wouldn’t follow through. I’d wait for him like a puppy but nothing ever happened. We’d both date other people. After a year or two, I’d get this intense longing for him. Then he’d call immediately! Or I’d call him and he’d pick up after just one ring cuz he was already on the line thinking about me. I realize now it’s because we felt the other one slipping away. We’d talk for a few months, never go on an actual date, date other people and then call each other every year or two. We did that crap for 10 years!! 10 years!! It was a complete mindf**k.

I finally had enough when I found out he was living with a girl and still trying to date me. Ending it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I realize that we were very connected. I’ve tried letting him go before but our connection always brought him back. I decided to severe our connection by reaching out to him through meditation. I imagined cutting the line that connects us with scissors and then watching us drifting further and further apart. It worked! That was 6 years ago and we had no contact with each other since. Come to find out that he was a serial cheater. Maybe that’s how he dealt with his mother’s death. I honestly don’t think he’d have cheated on me but who knows. He has a daughter with the live in girlfriend now. And yes I’m glad we never got married. He wasn’t the one.

I experienced something similar. I had a fiancé once, many years ago. He had many problems in life and he had a bad temper, too. Sometimes when he was on his way home, glasses and china started to rattle in the cupboards or lights would flicker. [...]

My neighbor's daughter was stricken with brain cancer and she promised to let her mother know she was alright after death. She told her mom that it would be a clear sign and that her mother would recognize it. When her mom and brother were in the house shortly after her death, the lights flickered on and off for about 2 minutes, only at their house. It only happened in their home.

When returning home after my father's funeral, I had already extended my time, to help my mom, and had to be back at work. My connecting flight was cancelled. I said in quiet defeat and desperation, "Daddy, please help me." I looked up and a flight to my destination flickered on the information board for mere seconds and completely disappeared. It was so fast that I wasn't sure that I had really seen it. I waited and it never appeared again. In confused desperation, I went to the customer service area in the airport and sure enough the flight did exist and I got my ticket. For whatever reason, it had not been advertised or listed in the general flight information. I remember standing in line to board and this man came over with the same confused look I had and said, "Is there a flight to X destination here?" He was able to get on, too. I know that humans are energy and we can interact and impact light/energy/electricity, hence the flickering lights.

[...]
Soulmate Relationships:
  • Feel fated or “destined” in some way
  • The relationship does not need to be romantic, although it can be
  • There is a strong connection that may change or fluctuate in intensity
  • There are often challenges presented in order to change or shift things in your life
  • The relationship brings about a strong life lesson or a change in your life path
  • The relationship can uncover and release past pains, hurts and traumas so healing can occur
  • There can be a strong past life connection
  • The relationship may not last or may feel different once the lesson has been learnt
  • The relationship helps you to awaken to a higher level of consciousness or spirituality

Based on the information above, I definitely have had a Soulmate Relationship and what JewelleNY posted above, mirrors my experience eerily and uncannily, almost exactly, to the letter.

When I was first dating him, I remember looking at him and searching his face and I said to him, "I know you. We've met before. I'm sure." For the briefest of moments as I gazed into his face, his hair changed and his clothes changed, as if I were having a flashback of him dressed and styled in another time.

I learned a life lesson and it was excruciatingly painful. I learned that just because you treat a person a certain way, you cannot have the expectation that a person will reciprocate that same treatment. I learned to NEVER have expectations of other people.

He released a lot of pain and hurt and trauma and is healing. He had been mistreated based upon how he looked. What others had scorned him for, I found beautiful. He had never had that experience prior to me entering his life.

My life path has changed. I have always wanted to live abroad in France and never had the chance. In part because of disappointment I experienced in the relationship and my having to fortify my inner strength to survive, I created an opportunity and the courage to leave Corporate America and the United States, and on my terms. The pain and disappointment made me fearless. Yet, I kept my wits about me enough so that my decisions were based upon calculated risks.

The relationship didn't last as the lesson I needed to learn was learned. That lesson has served me very, very well. I have definitely awakened to a higher level of consciousness and Spirituality. I know that I would have never arrived here had I NOT had that experience. That relationship has helped me to move closer to the woman I have always wanted to be.

Until this thread, I had no idea that what I had experienced was a Soulmate Relationship.

Last edited:
The relationship didn't last as the lesson I needed to learn was learned. That lesson has served me very, very well. I have definitely awakened to a higher level of consciousness and Spirituality. I know that I would have never arrived here had I NOT had that experience. That relationship has helped me to move closer to the woman I have always wanted to be.
I totally agree. As painful as that experience was to go through, those lessons wouldn’t have been learned any other way. I became a lot more spiritually aware if that makes sense. I got a lot closer to God because of the darkness I was in afterwards. This relationship ended around the same time other toxic relationships in my life also ended. I fell into a deep depression and had to go to therapy. The lessons I learned from him were life changing and priceless. I learned that actions are what matter. Words mean nothing. I learned that being a doormat doesn’t pay. Self-respect is everything. I learned that happiness is an inside job. This whole situation is what catapulted me onto my journey of self-love and self-discovery. That alone was worth it to me. The biggest lesson I learned was to trust myself.

I totally agree. As painful as that experience was to go through, those lessons wouldn’t have been learned any other way. I became a lot more spiritually aware if that makes sense. I got a lot closer to God because of the darkness I was in afterwards. This relationship ended around the same time other toxic relationships in my life also ended. I fell into a deep depression and had to go to therapy. The lessons I learned from him were life changing and priceless. I learned that actions are what matter. Words mean nothing. I learned that being a doormat doesn’t pay. Self-respect is everything. I learned that happiness is an inside job. This whole situation is what catapulted me onto my journey of self-love and self-discovery. That alone was worth it to me. The biggest lesson I learned was to trust myself.

FABULOUS!!!

Based on the information above, I definitely have had a Soulmate Relationship and what JewelleNY posted above, mirrors my experience eerily and uncannily, almost exactly, to the letter.

When I was first dating him, I remember looking at him and searching his face and I said to him, "I know you. We've met before. I'm sure." For the briefest of moments as I gazed into his face, his hair changed and his clothes changed, as if I were having a flashback of him dressed and styled in another time.

I learned a life lesson and it was excruciatingly painful. I learned that just because you treat a person a certain way, you cannot have the expectation that a person will reciprocate that same treatment. I learned to NEVER have expectations of other people.

He released a lot of pain and hurt and trauma and is healing. He had been mistreated based upon how he looked. What others had scorned him for, I found beautiful. He had never had that experience prior to me entering his life.

My life path has changed. I have always wanted to live abroad in France and never had the chance. In part because of disappointment I experienced in the relationship and my having to fortify my inner strength to survive, I created an opportunity and the courage to leave Corporate America and the United States, and on my terms. The pain and disappointment made me fearless. Yet, I kept my wits about me enough so that my decisions were based upon calculated risks.

Until this thread, I had no idea that what I had experienced was a Soulmate Relationship.
Wow, thanks for sharing Chicoro :) I remember a soul mate experience I had in my early 20s. What struck me the most was that he reminded me of home. I couldn't quite put my finger on how or in what way but I do remember that feeling. I didn't fully get the lesson for many years.

Been married a long time. I definitely don't feel that he is my soul mate.

Haven’t read the whole thread.

I just wanted to say I don’t believe in soulmates.

I know some feel they’re with their soulmate but you can make a successful relationship with the person you meet & marry if both partners do their part which is rare.

The last person I was in love with, I used to think he was my soulmate in the romantic sense that people usually equate the term with, and we just found each other at the wrong time. But in actuality, what JewelleNy posted is more accurate for our situation. Things ended horribly with us for good last year after 7 years off and on. So bad that it was the catalyst for me finally go into therapy to address the childhood issues and subsequent patterns that made me fight so hard for something that was clearly not meant to be. This part of your post has been one of the biggest lessons I learned from that experience. I could never, would never treat him the way he treated me. But now I know to never again think just because I’m good to someone that they’ll be good to me.

Last edited:
Back