Any Soul Mate Stories, Care To Share?

When I was younger I thought there was only one true love and that person was your soul mate. Now that I’m older I know there isn’t just one and I’m not certain that being with that person is optimal anyway but it’s something we should all experience at least once in our lives. It’s life changing.

When I was in undergrad I was in the bookstore and I saw a guy I knew. We made eye contact and somehow communicated without speaking that we were going to wait for each other after making our purchases.

As we were walking back to our rooms we started talking. Turns out we didn’t know reach other at all! We were so confused. We recognized each other even though we’ve never met before. We dated and it ended badly...we got over it and have been close friends ever since.

Wow! So for you, one of your soul mate became your life long partner. It's funny how being around a soul mate that is not right for you can feel like being under a spell.

I think it has something to do with energy. I feel like my husband and I have good energy-kind of like a pure electricity that creates things. When we are in sync, it's strange-almost like we can feel each other, no matter the distance. One example is I was at the supermarket and was feeling down. I wanted to call dh but he was at the gym and I didn't want to interrupt his work out. As I slowly walked through an aisle, I see him walking towards me. I asked why was he there, he said he no longer felt like working out and decided to come to the supermarket, but wasn't sure why. Coincidences like that keep reminding me we have a good connection-clean, pure, creative and nondestructive.

N1 and I have dark energy-destructive, dangerous, yet seductive. Being with him was like being in a cloud. At first it all looks dreamy, warm and fuzzy-feels just right. Then you're in a fog, cant see straight, only can see each other, forgetting about the outside (responsibilities, relationships, reasons to not be together, etc). Suddenly there is electricity but its the dangerous sort-the type that strikes things, hurts people, and causes fires. Next things are dark, and you realize you're lost, can't find your way out-enveloped and consumed but no path forward and disconnected from the path back. What once seemed perfect feels like a nightmare and it doesn't end until you crawl out, back into the light. But then you look back and see the cloud-it's dreamy warm and fuzzy again. Rinse, wash repeat.

Last edited:
I think it has something to do with energy. I feel like my husband and I have good energy-kind of like a pure electricity that creates things. When we are in sync, it's strange-almost like we can feel each other, no matter the distance. One example is I was at the supermarket and was feeling down. I wanted to call dh but he was at the gym and I didn't want to interrupt his work out. As I slowly walked through an aisle, I see him walking towards me. I asked why was he there, he said he no longer felt like working out and decided to come to the supermarket, but wasn't sure why. Coincidences like that keep reminding me we have a good connection-clean, pure, creative and nondestructive.

N1 and I have dark energy-destructive, dangerous, yet seductive. Being with him was like being in a cloud. At first it all looks dreamy, warm and fuzzy-feels just right. Then you're in a fog, cant see straight, only can see each other, forgetting about the outside (responsibilities, relationships, reasons to not be together, etc). Suddenly there is electricity but its the dangerous sort-the type that strikes things, hurts people, and causes fires. Next things are dark, and you realize you're lost, can't find your way out-enveloped and consumed but no path forward and disconnected from the path back. What once seemed perfect feels like a nightmare and it doesn't end until you crawl out, back into the light. But then you look back and see the cloud-it's dreamy warm and fuzzy again. Rinse, wash repeat.
Wow, I knew a guy who was in a relationship like your ex and he described it in almost the same way, interesting.

I won't allow myself to attach just emotionally to someone. They have to have the complete package. DH and I are so incompatible. We just completed the the last room renovation to our old house after 18 years. It's a wonder we didn't divorce. I had put off renovating that area because I knew major fights would emerge.

I recently experienced this and WOW was it SOMETHING! I was at a weekend conference. I intentionally attended to hear one of the speakers who lives abroad.

Well at one point as he was on the stage and I was returning to my seat I felt this energy coming from his direction. I looked up before entering my row to sit down and saw him notice me.

About an hour later at intermission I saw him speaking to another person and approached him to tell him how I admired his work. Well as we spoke the energy became SO INTENSE! He asked me do you feel that and I said "Yes what is that!?"
He smiled and said I was his "mirror twin".

I saw him the next day and felt the same energy. I am mesmerized by the experience and wonder why did it happen? What does our interaction signify?

I recently experienced this and WOW was it SOMETHING! I was at a weekend conference. I intentionally attended to hear one of the speakers who lives abroad.

Well at one point as he was on the stage and I was returning to my seat I felt this energy coming from his direction. I looked up before entering my row to sit down and saw him notice me.

About an hour later at intermission I saw him speaking to another person and approached him to tell him how I admired his work. Well as we spoke the energy became SO INTENSE! He asked me do you feel that and I said "Yes what is that!?"
He smiled and said I was his "mirror twin".

I saw him the next day and felt the same energy. I am mesmerized by the experience and wonder why did it happen? What does our interaction signify?

Are you going to see him again?

It's very interesting and I believe it wasn't just a mutual attraction either. It was much more intense.
I looked up a few articles about soulmates and the chemistry between them.
He did ask me eventually if I was married. So who knows.

Did you feel something similar with your dh?

I've accepted that I probably won't ever experience this. I'm happy but just don't have the right energy to have that type of connection with someone. I do wonder if is it simply due to genetics or if my upbringing has anything to do with it.
I've been thinking about this for a few days. This isn't really directed at you but to everyone else. Do you all believe its about having the right energy? If so, what can be done to transform your energy so that you have these kinds of experiences? I'm asking for myself as I'd like to experience this again.

I won't allow myself to attach just emotionally to someone. They have to have the complete package. DH and I are so incompatible. We just completed the the last room renovation to our old house after 18 years. It's a wonder we didn't divorce. I had put off renovating that area because I knew major fights would emerge.
Were you two always incompatible or is this because the two of you have changed over the years? Is compatibility something you value?

Very curious what all that could mean. That sounds like quite an experience. The strangest part was not only him feeling it too, but also mentioning you being his 'mirror twin.' I'm about to go look that it because it seems fascinating. Please be sure to update if there are any other encounters. :)

I will...I am still honestly AMAZED :)

Were you two always incompatible or is this because the two of you have changed over the years? Is compatibility something you value?
We have the same value system, that's all. We never ever like the same things, wine, food, houses. We looked at nearly 300 homes before I just bought the present one on my own
I would like to have a married experience that doesn't require so much compromise.

If you are simply attracted or have mutual infatuation...is that a twin flame? I think you would have to know someone deeper to determine that the person is your soul mate.

Last edited:
If you are simply attracted or has mutual infatuation...is that a twin flame? I think you would have to know someone deeper to determine that the person is your soul mate.

I wouldn't say that attraction or infatuation factor into a twin flame relationship because it's more on a spiritual level. A twin flame is the other half of your soul. How mystics explain it is that when the soul is created, it splits into two halves. When the two come together, they feel complete. You only have one twin flame but can have multiple soul mates.

Do you think this is Soulmate category?

24 Oct
Tori @torihelmke
Today somebody asked my professor how he knew he wanted to marry his wife & he said, “I took her to the grocery store to get ice cream & while she was picking out a flavor, I realized she was who I wanted to grocery shop w for the rest of my life..”
1f62d.png

Bo @bosmiddy38

Remember when I told you I thought grocery shopping with someone is a serious commitment? Well it is. @corey_chelle

Back