Any Of Ya'll With A Man Who People Would Objectively Say Is Better Looking Than You?

I never really thought of this. One of my most important relationships was with a man that is much less attractive than me. It was sort of an accident because we met online as teens and a relationship blossomed there. When we finally met in person, well I couldn't abandon the guy for his looks!

In high-school I met a guy who I considered way more attractive, and we dated briefly in high-school and later again after college. He was a douche. He was so conceited and a horrible person. I'm not sure why I wasted my time with him. I don't think his issues were due to his looks, I think it was due to his upbringing. I dodged a bullet when I left that situation.

Generally speaking, I tend to look at the human being - the man. How does he make me feel? What does he have to offer me? Does he make me laugh? Can I see myself marrying this person? I do not place looks as a #1 priority and I see a stark contrast between me and friends who do place looks as a priority. They usually end up with good-for-nothing men who can only offer a good-lay on a limited basis.

Generally speaking I find that men who are very attractive tend to put less effort into career, self improvement, and education. I'm sure this is not across the board, but in a society where the male-female ratios are highly skewed in men's favor, attractive men tend to get lazy. They seem to do less and expect more, and I tend to stay away from them for that reason.

Give me a man of average looks who is highly successful that treats me very well, and I'll be a happy woman.

Last edited:
^^^That may be true if the man head was filled that he was good looking. Some handsome men don't have it in their heads that they are. It depends on how they grew up and the people he was around. One handsome guy I dated was a physician.

A man that asked for my number but I never dated was extremely handsome. I could barely look at him and his eyes seemed to pierce the soul. He was not successful but I don't know his background. I bet people told him he looked good all the time. I think something was wrong with him though, no offense. He was the best looking man I ever seen in person in my life. Damn, just thinking about his looks. Anyway yes he fitted your descriptions unfortunately.

^^^That may be true if the man head was filled that he was good looking. Some handsome men don't have it in their heads that they are. It depends on how they grew up and the people he was around. One handsome guy I dated was a physician.

A man that asked for my number but I never dated was extremely handsome. I could barely look at him and his eyes seemed to pierce the soul. He was not successful but I don't know his background. I bet people told him he looked good all the time. I think something was wrong with him though, no offense. He was the best looking man I ever seen in person in my life. Damn, just thinking about his looks. Anyway yes he fitted your descriptions unfortunately.
I dated a very handsome physician about 9 years ago. He looked good and he knew it. He was not great boyfriend material. I just can't stand a man who looks good and knows he looks good. It's a huge turn off.

Like Diane King said - "I need a shy guy". He can be attractive, but he has to be grounded. It's hard to find an attractive man who is grounded / not a hoe. lol

Recently I was in the park and this very attractive man approached me (attractiveness is relative). About 6'3' very athletic, light colored hair, 5'0clock stubble- Jewish guy. I was hesitant to speak to him for other reasons, but we talked. He's in the restaurant industry. I made the mistake of giving him my card. He must have texted me over 20 times in the space of a couple days. He was definitely a clingy hoe. lol lol lol. I ditched him immediately. I think he assumed he's maneuver his way into my life by his looks, and charm. The guy is far from a failure in life, but when I compare him to his age mates who I've met, he falls short from being the most successful - but he's one of the better looking ones. Go figure.

I dated a very handsome physician about 9 years ago. He looked good and he knew it. He was not great boyfriend material. I just can't stand a man who looks good and knows he looks good. It's a huge turn off.

Like Diane King said - "I need a shy guy". He can be attractive, but he has to be grounded. It's hard to find an attractive man who is grounded / not a hoe. lol

Recently I was in the park and this very attractive man approached me (attractiveness is relative). About 6'3' very athletic, light colored hair, 5'0clock stubble- Jewish guy. I was hesitant to speak to him for other reasons, but we talked. He's in the restaurant industry. I made the mistake of giving him my card. He must have texted me over 20 times in the space of a couple days. He was definitely a clingy hoe. lol lol lol. I ditched him immediately. I think he assumed he's maneuver his way into my life by his looks, and charm. The guy is far from a failure in life, but when I compare him to his age mates who I've met, he falls short from being the most successful - but he's one of the better looking ones. Go figure.
Wait what makes this guy bad (the oe you just met)? That he's interested in you?

I'm actually not sure. I can say though that the men I've dated get a lot of attention from both women and men (gay men to be exact). They have all been really good looking. When the gay guys start hollering at your man or women stopping dead in their tracks to show you how salty they are, thats usually an indication you've got a hotty on your hands. LOL

I saw this couple and it reminded me of this thread. They seem to have such good chemistry.

Help me out. Who is better looking? Since it is posted in this thread I guess it's the man. He doesn't look that great to make that call to me but it is all individual perceptions. I believe it is common knowledge that smooth dark chocolate women are one of the most atractive black women to white men who like black women.

Eta: I personally know white men who would love to marry a smooth dark skin woman. A thin dark woman???...watch out.

Help me out. Who is better looking? Since it is posted in this thread I guess it's the man. He doesn't look that great to make that call to me but it is all individual perceptions. I believe it is common knowledge that smooth dark chocolate women are one of the most atractive black women to white men who like black women.

Eta: I personally know white men who would love to marry a smooth dark skin woman. A thin dark woman???...watch out.
It was all going well until she said she had no colon...
Wait.
What???
That's true love though.

Call me paranoid but this guy is looking like he's a member here. Why did he text me a day after I made this post :eek:?? Not cool. I hope I'm just being paranoid.

One thing I cannot stand about many (not all) super attractive people is their egos.

So many of them are used to people fawning and tripping over them but I am largely unbothered and do not do the same.

Many I feel are not as developed either socially or intellectually because their beauty has allowed them many privileges in life they did not earn or deserve.

MANY, not all. So don't come for me...

I love a good looking guy who is unconscious of his attractiveness as well. Its a turn on for me. A really hot guy with a book in his hands....wooo, I'll be sweating. LOL

Last edited:
I'm very attractive myself so I either date men who are just as attractive as me or more. I've never dated someone less attractive than me. If I'm not attracted to him then what's the point? I tend to only have the hots for attractive men. One of my exes is so hot that my friends go on YouTube to stalk his music videos (he's a singer). And we broke up years ago! :lachen: Like @ElizaBlue said, I want someone nice looking to wake up to in the morning. :lol:. I remember one time, my so-called friends were telling me to stop dating only good looking guys because that's why I can't find a good man (according to her :rolleyes:) yada yada yada... I told them: "well then I'm doing you a favor by taking all of the good looking, no good men off the market".

I just remembered something. The few times that I decided to give less attractive men a chance, they got SUPER possessive and clingy very early on. To them I'm a trophy they want to show off to prove that they've got it. Whatever "it" is. They always want me to send them pics, go to their jobs or family gatherings. I'm not saying that these are bad things but WAY too soon is a red flag. I've been stalked by a few of them in the past. That's when I decided to stick to my attractiveness level and up. Not saying that hot guys are not crazy and insecure but they tend to be more confident in general.

She is peculiar looking. No comment on him. Normal looking white guy.

this thread reminded me that the guy ive been primarily dating this year is not a looker at all, and wondering if thats part of the reason I refuse to take him seriously :lachen:

Back