Any ladies here married at a young age?

I got married at 18 well almost 19 about a month and a half from my birthday. And we will be celebrating our 4th anniversary on the 21st of June. I wasn't pressured if anything my 1st Sergeant at the time was trying to talk us out of it. He thought we were too young. I didn't tell my parents we got married until after the fact.

There was a long, very nice thread about this on OT not a long while ago. I'm too lazy to search.

I'm getting married young. I wasn't pressured, but there've been several raised eyebrows and "are you pregnant?"

I got married a month after my 18th birthday and we will be married for 13 years in Sept. I was not pressured at all. Of course we got the you are too young talk but now we get congrats. Our first and so far only daughter just turned 18 months so we had a lot of time together to grow up so to speak. Some people who get married young grow up and are different people as adults thankfully that didn't happen with us.

What do you consider young? I got married when I was 21, almost 22 and just celebrated my 7th wedding anniversary last week.

I got married at 22 my choice, I'm still married after 15years and I believe I will be married for a long time to come the pros for me is that my husband I grew together and I can't imagine life without him, the cons I wish sometimes I have waited to experience life more (independent living,dating etc) but overall I'm happy and I think thats all that matters.

I got married young 22?21?.Not pressured or anything still married after 2 yrs I wish I would have known more about dh's family but other then that I still love dh the same.

I got married at 20 and DH was 23. . . no pressure, we had dated for two years prior and it just felt right at the time. We've been married for 3 years now, one little munchkin (honeymoon surprise) and another one on the way. I couldn't be happier with my life. :grin:

I got married when I was 20, I have been married for 3 years. My dh and I been together since we were 18. I wasnt pressured we just felt it was the right thing to do. No, I do not have kids yet.

I got married @ 22
I'm still married
he was ready I wasn't just yet, it was the right choice
his option there's way too many black women who can say they are a mother but can't say their are a wife and he didn't want that for us

I love my family and my life

I got married at age 21, I feel like I was pressured because my family said I have 2 children out of wedlock and if we love each other we should go ahead and get married, sometimes I think maybe we should have waited to see if that was what we both really wanted.

Back