another CRISCO convert (pics)

iri9109

So I hopped on the Crisco bandwagon…after seeing everybody’s fab results, I figured I might as well try it for 2.99…ladies I’m in LOVE…my presses have never looked this good…even with a relaxer…and the shine and softness is amazing :lick:…like I wish you could feel my hair right now, it’s like Egyptian silk lol…but seriously :look: and my hands after doing my hair are super soft, but not greasy AT ALL…I could definitely see myself using this on my skin at night instead of Vaseline.

Last night I washed my hair w/ CON Argan oil & DC’d overnight with mixed silk and whatever little bit of AO GBP and Honeysuckle Rose I had left and coconut oil
I rinsed that out and let my hair airdry w/ no product on accident, and then later set my hair on rollers to stretch and then flatironed between 300-370 with a little Crisco on each section. I also used a little GVP silk infusion as a heat protectant. Next time I straighten I’m going to use a liquid heat protectant before I dry my hair and only use Crisco when I flat iron. My hair is a lil too straight for my liking so I’ll sleep in some pincurls to get some volume/body.

My hair is not tryna let me see APL! hopefully by my 2nd BC anniversary (March 25) I’ll be there….

As you can see I need a trim, but I aint cutting jack until APL lol…I’m still salty over the 3 inches I cut last year, I could’ve been there by now :ohwell:

wooooo eeeeeee! :love: you know your hair is stunning when curly. I loooove your hair. It looks almost too beautiful to be real! :lol: That is a really nice press!! :yep:

Ur hair looks good, nice and shiny, doesn't look like you need a trim to me. Keep up the gd work

ETA: I don't have crisco can I use any vegetable shortening?

Last edited:
Ur hair looks good, nice and shiny, doesn't look like you need a trim to me. Keep up the gd work

thanks! & i've only used crisco once but i'm pretty sure the ingredients are the same/similar in any vegetable shortening, so i dont see why that would be a problem.

wooooo eeeeeee! :love: you know your hair is stunning when curly. I loooove your hair. It looks almost too beautiful to be real! :lol: That is a really nice press!! :yep:

errum, I know you're not going to try and slip in here with that siggy and no explanation

Wow, your hair looks really good....looks like you got a relaxer how straight you got your natural hair.

OP, your results were so nice!! That Crisco is something else!

errum, I know you're not going to try and slip in here with that siggy and no explanation

LOL, everyone keeps jumping on her about her sig in every thread, she's had to explain it in two or three threads I've seen lol.

I know you are not just cheesing with Jason Momoa in your siggy like it's no big deal.

ETA: You hair looks beautiful!

Last edited:
Beautiful, beautiful hair!!!
What kind of Crisco is everyone using or is it one type of oil? I am out of the loop, lol.

I know right?!! I'm secretly hatin' over here. My goodness he's beautiful!!! My husband always makes me watch thos stupid sci-fi shows but I never mind watching him :look::lol:

Back on topic....

OP, I loooooooooove you hair!! It's gorgeous curly and straight. When I flatiron next year I think I'm going to give Crisco a try.

Wow! Very pretty results OP! I've been using crisco on my natural hair, but after seeing the recent flat iron results.. I may try it on dd's hair since shes into this straight thing smh

Your Hair Looks Beautiful And I Don't Think You Need A Trim. (Just My Opinion)

That Crisco Must Be The Business. I Have Yet To See One Bad Result Post From Using It. *Taking Notes*

Beautiful, beautiful hair!!!
What kind of Crisco is everyone using or is it one type of oil? I am out of the loop, lol.

thanks! its the kind in the can...i think its only one kind in the can? lol that was actually my 1st time seeing solid crisco in real life lol

Your hair came out great, I will keep this in mind later this year when I flat iron again. I have always loved how your hair looks curly :love:

Gorgeous results!! Let me add that Crisco is the business on the skin too!! I tried it as an overnight creme and WOW. It works VERY well. :yep:

In another Crisco thread it was pointed out that Crisco's ingredients are more natural than other generic (store brand) shortening.

Be sure to check the ingredients first!

HTH

Back