America's Best Cities for Singles

You took the words out my mouth. They're #1 for singles b/c the men don't want to commit. They always got some **** with them.

This is exactly what I was thinking. This is not the city for people that want to settle down.

And outside of that, this city is for partying. That's it. The biggest industries here are tourism and food. This is not the place to look for a man that's serious about his life. I don't mean to stereotype the guys down here but damnit most of them only have 1 thing in mind BECAUSE of the atmosphere of this place as far as relationships go

Yall somebody had to pay somebody off for us to get on the top of this list :lachen:

This has GOT to be a joke...

Last edited:
You beat me to it, but I was gonna say... I HATE these types of lists.

Just because there's a lot of single people in certain cities doesn't mean that any of them want to settle down and get married. Now, if the list is for people who are looking for places to enjoy the single life, then it's perfect.

But if they're promoting this like, "Hey, wanna find a man/woman? Go here! There are lots of singles and singles things here!"

Then no.

I prefer looking at the articles that say, "Best Places for Families." There's still going to be a reasonable number of single people there, and they might be more likely to want to settle down too and join the "family" group.

This is so true, plus most of the large nightlife oriented cities (especially eastern seaboard) have skewed male/female ratios - there's more women then men. A lot of areas in the midwest and south have the most marriage minded single men according to a lot of studies.

NYC is a great city for going on lots of dates, and meeting lots of different types of people. Maybe it's just my experience, but it's hard to meet serious minded men. But then again, I think here the avg. age for settling down is way later than in other cities.

A lot of friends and family from NYC take a while to settle down. Also seems like shackin up for 4+ years is a pre-requisite for considering marriage but not even a guarantee.

The Ladies responses hear confirm to me that these lists are pretty pointless. They seem to measure just the # of single people, amenities like bars, music scene, and weather/outdoor friendly. I think Browndilocks point about Miami speaks to most of these cities - great if you want to stay single.

Yes these lists are pointless... I read one a few weeks back on yahoo that said Trenton, NJ was the place to be for singles! :shocked: :perplexed :nono: Apparently they just computed the number of unmarried people of marriageable age and saw that there were jobs within driving distance. SMDH there are a billion singles in Trenton because the city is full of babymammas and the jailbird clowns who live off of them! Those jobs? They are taken by people who commute from the burbs into Trenton, clock out, and drive home again.

The only thing a single woman can find in Trenton is an STD.

New Orleans is #1!? WTF????? I been in this city my whole life and unless i have severely over looked a place, this is not the place to be tryna pick somebody up... u gotta be kidding me

These guys out here r FULL of BS

Much of what I said about Trenton applies to NOLA as well. When I was living there I was living with my SO, and I cannot tell you how many dudes were unemployed clowns living off of their babymama OR had skin color issues like I'd never seen! People I didn't even know by NAME would point out that I had gotten a bit tan or would sit around basically making lists of people at work/in the neighborhood by lightest to darkest. :spinning: I had never seen that obsession with skin shade before....

Not to mention there weren't any friggin jobs down there back then, pre-Katrina... who knows how many there are now.

These lists suck for sure.

Oh, and NYC is like Atlanta for white folks... tons of women looking for a man, tons of men looking to sow some oats. Hence you have a lot of homewrecker type behavior going on. No thank you.

I think Chicago is decent.

I think people are more inclined to couple up here because the winters are so long and who wants to be cold and lonely? Most of my female friends are in relationships and most of my male friends are either in relationships or looking. Lots of schools here, its a big city so lots of professional people, lots of restaurants/things to do. I think there's an okay amt of professional guys here as well. I've met lots of guys since I've been here.

I think Austin is sorta right. I think it's half and half. It can be a party city but can also have its share of folks wanting to settle down. If youre into interracial dating in Texas, I'd sooner see Austin as the place to do that as a Black woman.

Austin nightlife sucked though.

I'm in Houston now and I like it much better. There's definitely the single scene and the serious scene and you can mix between the two if you like. I've been in Miami and NY and uhh... if you enjoy being single and want to party amongst singles, I see why they're on the list.

This list is confusing though, it says it's 'Best for Singles"; best for singles to do what though? Meet other singles and get in relationships, or continue their singledom with other singletons?

Back