Am I over-reacting?

tropical-punch

So last week, a friend of mine told me he'd be in town this weekend. He suggested we do lunch which was supposed to be today. A few days ago I text him and he mentioned seeing me. No clear plans were ever set up and honestly I had a good feeling they never were going to be.

I feel like ever since he moved away I've been the only one trying to keep our friendship alive. I am honestly a little hurt because there weren't any plans set up and I didn't even get as much as a text to explain why we weren't meeting.

I know, this sounds so obvious. I feel like I should let this friendship go once and for all. Am I wrong for not contacting him a couple days ago to see what's up? I figured if he wanted to see me, he'd call.

Do you have any feelings for this guy beyond friendship?

I can understand being upset either way, and you should never feel like you are the one making the most effort. I don't see why you should let the friendship go completely, just continue to do your thing and if this friend decides he wants to hang out, make plans. If he never calls to hang out, oh well. Life goes on.

Exactly; if he wanted to see you he'd call.
I'd just let it be..if he calls and want's to meet, then you can decide what to do. He doesn't seem to value your time so why bother wasting it on him?

BTW, I don't think you're overreacting and you are not wrong for not contacting him, he is the one who suggested, so he should be the one to follow up on it.

Do you have any feelings for this guy beyond friendship?

I can understand being upset either way, and you should never feel like you are the one making the most effort. I don't see why you should let the friendship go completely, just continue to do your thing and if this friend decides he wants to hang out, make plans. If he never calls to hang out, oh well. Life goes on.

Yes. We were boyfriend/girlfriend awhile ago. I still like him alot. :(
That's part of the reason I think I should stop being his friend.

^^^He lives out of town, so its not like you will see him often. I don't think you are over reacting. Its painful when you realize you are the one that seems more involved than the other person. Once you realize this though, you learn which compartment to place this 'friendship' in. Dropping seems a bit extreme. However, having a buddy you see and talk to every now and again is cool.

On the flip side he could have gotten busy and forgot, and was thinking you would call him if you still wanted to go. You did try by text, But a phone call would have been more precise. At least to hear his tone and to listen in if there is any indication that he didn't want to go. It would have just been a phone call away. There would have been no harm done if you would have called.

I think you should trust your intuitions and I also think you have answered you own questions :)

Yes. We were boyfriend/girlfriend awhile ago. I still like him alot. :(
That's part of the reason I think I should stop being his friend.

Well that explains it. In this case, you should probably fall back until you get over him completely. Seems like he's completely over you and you're still hanging on. I'm sorry:sad:. Been there, done that. Once you're completely over him, you'll look back and be like--"Wow. Did I really feel that way?"

Back