AFRO DETANGLER, still using?

BrooklynSouth

Any one still using the AFRO DETANGLER? Warm weather now so I can conditioner poo more often decreasing the ends snarling but winter will return! My natural hair is almost arm pit so those hanging ends balls and hair intertwining can happen:ohwell:. Considering purchasing the AD so opinions appreciated. Thanks.

My first purchase when I started my HHJ. Im so mad I paid $60 for something I didnt even know would work for me. I have since learned my lesson. To answer the question, nope. It felt waxy almost to me and I did exactly what the directions said to do. I forgot about this stuff until now. SOOOooo many other products out there that do a better job that you can find in a Bss or a CVS. $33 for 16oz of a mystery product? Are there any reveiws on YT? This stuff has been around long enough. And why aren't there any updated photots on the site? Those pics were on there back in '07:ohwell:

Last edited:
I liked it, you had to find your way to use it, mine was to put a little on damp hair let it sit and then my hair detangled like butter (natural) it was just too complicated buying it again it did last me almost two years though.

I'm totally interested. Would someone post a pic or more information, Please? I googled but not much came up in terms of pictures. TIA

I just received mine last week. It didn't take too long to get so I was happy. But then again I had been emailing her constantly.

I ordered some and it took forever. On top of that, I started emailing because the price has been reduced $15. I finally received a promise that my order was being shipped and a credit was being processed. I rec'd the product but no credit in sight and it wasn't easy getting the first response.

As for how I like it? It seems to work well to help detangle my daughter's natural hair. For me, I'm about 85% texlaxed, meh. Just so so. I won't be reodering. Too bad. I was excited but realized that I tried it earlier when I was fully relaxed. I wasn't impressed but thought things might be different now. Ah well. On to the next one.

Any one still using the AFRO DETANGLER? Warm weather now so I can conditioner poo more often decreasing the ends snarling but winter will return! My natural hair is almost arm pit so those hanging ends balls and hair intertwining can happen:ohwell:. Considering purchasing the AD so opinions appreciated. Thanks.

I'm texlaxed but since her site said that Afro Detangler could work on relaxed hair as well, I purchased it - but I wish I hadn't.

First, just like other people, she was not good with communication. It took forever for it to come and I had to email her 3 times just to get her to send me the tracking number. Secondly - and this was the kicker - was that when I finally got it and tried it (followed her instructions down to the letter), my hair did NOT like it! Not being one to give up, I decided to see whether I was asking too much of the product so as an experiment, I parted my hair (which was freshly washed) down the middle and applied Afro Detangler to one side and used another product on the other and airdried. The next day I woke up and the Afro dteangler side was rough and on its way to some serious dryness while the other side was soft, manageable and detangled.

Now I have a bunch of this stuff and frankly I don't even want it. Chances are, this will be mixed with something else until I run out or I'll give it away to someone who might have better results.

Still, if there's anyone to blame for this it is definitely me. I should have known that there was a huge possibility of this happening from the start. Not that this applies to everyone but if a person isn't detail oriented enough to spell check her own site and is ok with incomplete sentences and typos throughout, it stands to reason that she may lack attention to detail and accuracy in other areas of her business as well.

In other words, I feel like I wasted my money and I won't be messing with that again. :nono:

Hmmm. I don't comment too often, but I will. I have been using this since 2009 (about two and a half years). As a detangler, um no. Nothing detangled my hair back in the day. I had to learn a system. I use it nightly for twist outs and braid outs. I probably don't have to use it nightly but I fear dry ends.
I never had a problem receiving product so this is new to new. There are other products that could do the same thing but a bottle lasts over a year for me so it works.
I have also tried the flat iron cream, its ok, kinda heavy which can be nice considering I don't have to put anything on it for a few days. I use it when roller setting then blowdry and or flat iron with an additional heat protectant.

I could've saved $40. It did nothing along the lines of mositurizing . I don't know what i'm going to do with this huge jar of this stuff. I may just add shea butter to it and some other butter in order to thicken it up.

Noticed the price has dropped but I don't think I'll be ordering. I have so many products since before going natural. My goal now is to give each and every a trial to see if it works for my hair which is happy now with kimmay's leave in and Wen as my cleanser.

I hope I like this, but I doubt I will be ordering again. I placed an order three weeks ago and have received nothing. I sent an email today and she responded with:

Is this addtress to ship to? Is this address correct?

Waiting

Um, no. That's too unprofessional for my liking. :nono:

Back