Recovering from Heat Damage... While Still Using Heat (Desperate)

Well, since you asked, I will answer, but you still have some hard decisions to make. If done correctly, either by a professional who cares about growing your hair or a do-it-yourself person who knows what they are doing, relaxed hair will stay permanently straight, and you can maintain that straightness without heat, but you will not be able to wear it out 100% of the time if you practice good hair maintenance and hair-growing techniques for relaxed hair.

I have been relaxed for the last 4 years. My stylist was excellent and she could relax me bone straight, which I could maintain easily without direct heat (as in a blow dryer or flat iron) by wrapping my hair and doing roller sets. When I went to see her for touch ups every four to six weeks, and I washed and deep conditioned it faithfully every week, it would stay shiny, healthy, and straight, but it never grew past my shoulders. My hair could not take having relaxer applied to it so often and be strong enough to grow long.

Long story short, the process of relaxing is applying a chemical to your hair that partially dissolves its curly inner structure so you can gently manipulate it to a straighter appearance before you add another chemical to stop the dissolving process. Actually, flat ironing, BKT, and perming all do the same thing, just with different chemicals or processes. That's why following instructions carefully or having a professional do it, and aftercare is so important, as in all those cases you are purposely damaging your hair in order to make it look different.

When I decided I wanted longer hair, I started to stretch my relaxer touch ups to every three months instead of once a month, and because I have type 4 hair, I learned new hair care techniques that were extremely gentle to my hair so my hair would not break off at the point where my natural hair grew in and my weaker, relaxed hair started. I also learned to do my relaxers at home, and in the eight months I have been self-relaxing my hair has grown five inches, taking me past APL on my way to BSL. :grin:

The trade off to that was that right around the sixth week or so, I had to stop wearing my hair out and wear it up in buns, French braids, or other updos because it became too much to deal with the very different textures of hair. Perhaps because you have type 3 hair, you can go longer, say, 8 to 10 weeks, but eventually the textures will compete too much and you will have to put your hair up if you stretch.

It is possible to grow your relaxed hair long without stretching, but that requires extreme dedication to your haircare and a competent stylist who will baby your hair on the level it needs to be able to grow.

Even if you decide to relax your hair, I would still give your hair the rest it needs this summer. Putting relaxer on heat damaged hair is just begging for a very bad result. Take that time to research caring for relaxed hair (this site is a good start) and make sure you have the resources available in your area to make this styling option work for you.

Whatever you do, good luck; you are a very pretty girl,all of you, and I hope you realize that as you mature into adulthood. :yep:

Thanks so much for the advice. I find it very hard to stay dedicated/consistent with things. In fact, I have never been. But if theres anything that I would be dedicated to it would be my hair. I'm willing to give this a go... I'll have to do a TON of research though since I know zero about maintaining very healthy hair (obviously. heh).

Another issue would be eventually convincing my mother to let me get a relaxer again after the incident I had a few years ago, even after her following the instructions perfectly. Also, I may have difficulty finding a salon that knows how to handle my type of hair... I live in Kentucky and its 99% white people up here. I'd probably have to go to Cincinnati to find what I'm looking for.

But, I shouldn't be worrying about that now. I'll do some research and try to come up with some sort of regimen. I'll definitely come back here and check it with you all first since all of you know what you're doing!

Also... How do I find what my hair is lacking in or what it has an excess of? I mean what are some tests I can perform on my hair to see if it's lacking in protein or moisture, or if I have product build-up, things like that. I can assume it's lacking in protein. My hair never seems particularly dry to me, so I don't think it's lacking in moisture but I of course could be wrong.

Hm... As for my "style". I've always liked hair styles that are impossible/close to impossible on curly hair :ohwell:
I'm particularly fascinated by '60s hairstyles, clothing and music. Always have been, even when I was a lot younger. Not pseudo-hipster kind of stuff, but legitimate styles from that decade. I spend hours looking through older magazines (I have some 'Teen and Seventeen magazines from the '60s), yearbooks, and pictures just obsessing over a lot of it, but mostly the hair. I love the hair. In fact, it's what kickstarted me into trying to make my hair healthier. I found it curious that these girls could tease and torture their hair almost every day yet still have the thickest and shiniest hair. Of course, all of the styles I look at concern caucasians and straight hair. Most of the african americans I looked at from that time just wore wigs or very short styles. I've attempted some roller sets I've seen from the magazines that I have, but I don't have enough hair and it's just far too uneven to work out. But then again, I'm not skilled at all with the rollers. I eventually want bangs (which is an awful idea), but even if I wanted that still it would have to be for years until I got my hair back into shape... There are plenty of up-dos that I could attempt, but I'm not sure how hair friendly they are.

Anyways, I'm off to go and do some research. Thanks everyone for your contributions

I've had the design essentials strengthening therapy.
I have a review on my blog.
What would you like you?

Thanks so much for the advice. I find it very hard to stay dedicated/consistent with things. In fact, I have never been. But if theres anything that I would be dedicated to it would be my hair. I'm willing to give this a go... I'll have to do a TON of research though since I know zero about maintaining very healthy hair (obviously. heh).

Another issue would be eventually convincing my mother to let me get a relaxer again after the incident I had a few years ago, even after her following the instructions perfectly. Also, I may have difficulty finding a salon that knows how to handle my type of hair... I live in Kentucky and its 99% white people up here. I'd probably have to go to Cincinnati to find what I'm looking for.

But, I shouldn't be worrying about that now. I'll do some research and try to come up with some sort of regimen. I'll definitely come back here and check it with you all first since all of you know what you're doing!

Also... How do I find what my hair is lacking in or what it has an excess of? I mean what are some tests I can perform on my hair to see if it's lacking in protein or moisture, or if I have product build-up, things like that. I can assume it's lacking in protein. My hair never seems particularly dry to me, so I don't think it's lacking in moisture but I of course could be wrong.

Hm... As for my "style". I've always liked hair styles that are impossible/close to impossible on curly hair :ohwell:
I'm particularly fascinated by '60s hairstyles, clothing and music. Always have been, even when I was a lot younger. Not pseudo-hipster kind of stuff, but legitimate styles from that decade. I spend hours looking through older magazines (I have some 'Teen and Seventeen magazines from the '60s), yearbooks, and pictures just obsessing over a lot of it, but mostly the hair. I love the hair. In fact, it's what kickstarted me into trying to make my hair healthier. I found it curious that these girls could tease and torture their hair almost every day yet still have the thickest and shiniest hair. Of course, all of the styles I look at concern caucasians and straight hair. Most of the african americans I looked at from that time just wore wigs or very short styles. I've attempted some roller sets I've seen from the magazines that I have, but I don't have enough hair and it's just far too uneven to work out. But then again, I'm not skilled at all with the rollers. I eventually want bangs (which is an awful idea), but even if I wanted that still it would have to be for years until I got my hair back into shape... There are plenty of up-dos that I could attempt, but I'm not sure how hair friendly they are.

Anyways, I'm off to go and do some research. Thanks everyone for your contributions
I'm glad you will take some time out to research your options and find the best solution for you. I can totally relate to your fascination with 60's style; my obsession was with the 50s and 60s, since I was born in 1969 (yes, I'm an old lady, but very young at heart! :grin:). I dug the 50s clothing, but I preferred the 60s hairdos, especially the Flip. The first time I was able to pull one off (I was in my 20s then), I was so excited! But the teasing was a big no no for my hair, so I didn't try another authentic one (with the pouf) until the Bumpit was invented. Then I could get the pouf without teasing or backcombing!

It's that kind of work you will have to do from now on to express your personal style, while working with (and treasuring) what you were given as your natural beauty. I can relate to living in an area where you feel you are not represented--or catered to--in the least, but the lucky thing for you that you have that I didn't when I was your age is the world of resources available to you through the internet. Hopefully now if you do enough research to assuage your mom's and your concerns, I'm sure that she will let you take on the responsibility of managing your haircare in the way that works best for you.

The first thing I would suggest to start you on your research is to see if you can pick up The Science of Black Hair (you will probably have to purchase it on Amaxon, considering where you live). This book will provide you with the foundation you need to start on your Healthy Hair Journey, including what our hair is like inside and out, what it can and can't do compared to other types of hair, and the proper way to take care of your hair when it is chemically treated with color, relaxer or perms. You will also get information about testing your hair for porosity, lack of moisture, and lack of protein, and what to do to fix the problem if it arises.

And by all means, research what is available to you in more diverse areas like Cincinnati if you feel you won't find them where you live. Even if you decide to relax and get your first one done in a salon (I would recommend it; that is where I got my first relaxer when I was 18), with the right knowledge you can learn to successfully do your touch ups at home if that is the best choice for your financially.

Good luck on your journey my dear; may it be one of positive self-discovery of both your inner and outer beauty, and do check back in with us to let us know how you're doing. :yep:

Really? I actually don't know much about relaxers. Actually, nothing at all. I just remembered the one I got when I was 10 or 11 which didn't work out too well at all. Thats when my hair first started to fall out and I remember it just frizzing up my hair rather than actually straightening it. How long does your hair stay straight with a relaxer?

Is it possible to grow and maintain healthy relaxed hair when it's not possible with using heat regularly?

And if thats the way things are then I'll probably 100% go with wigs/weaves no doubt. This is all very discouraging

Hi
I'm a 20 year old girl with similar hair to yours. Ive always hated my curls!

Firstly, you can wear your hair straight 100% of the time. But yes it does come with issues, you need regular trims and to really look after your hair (using the advice from this site e.g. 24/7 bunning). But your hair is damaged so CURRENTLY, you cant have your hair heat styled.

Next embracing your curls is a great way to go, take some pretty photos with your curly hair! I'd like to see it.
Whats actually wrong with your curly hair?
Do you have instagram or tumblr? Search for natural curly hair. Seeing those photos always made me want to love my hair.
Pinterest board with hairspiration: http://pinterest.com/mixedhair/curly-hair-styles/
Instagram hairspiration: curlyheadbonnie
Have you tried styles like braid outs and twist outs?

Either way I am currently going through a similar issue to you, but am determined to love my curls. From late july - October I'm attempting to wear my hair curly too. So we could like catch up and give each other tips? I'll be blogging about it on my blog too (mixed-hair.blogspot.co.uk).

"straighten your hair and be happy for a day, embrace your curls and be happy for the rest of your life"

Last edited:
Hm I certainly hope I'm not to the point where I have to shave it off. If I could wear wigs I would probably consider that though.

And really? I heard in my other thread the QOD Max Organiq would be beneficial once I've regained some strength.

Just a suggestion. Since nothing is written in stone, you should be sure to do proper research and then do what you want. Good luck.

ETA: I looked at your other thread and they told you the same things we are:

1. Stop using heat.
2. Don't apply a chemical treatment on damaged hair.
3. Trim your damaged ends.

You also stated that a lot of your splits are all the way up the hair strands. That's some serious damage and cannot be repaired. Split ends cannot be repaired. The only fix is to cut. I know that's not what you want to hear, or do, but that's the bottom line.

Last edited:
koolkittychick Thanks! I'll check out that book. And I've attempted to use bump-its, but my hair is so thin now that it doesn't quite work :ohwell:

MixedGirl I'll post a picture of my curly hair after I wash it tonight. It disgusts me and I've never really taken a real picture of myself with it. I've taken a look at your blog before! No, I've never tried braid-outs or anything of the like. Curly styles have just never appealed to me in any way at all, not even now. I'll bookmark your blog and keep track of it!

Curicaribl I'm trying to take some time today to individually cut my split ends. My mother trimmed my hair a bit last weekend but of course there are still on ton of hairs still split. My unevenness is making it a pain but I'm going one by one and cutting the split ends that aren't all the way up the shaft

Last edited:
Okay, after spending this day doing some research, here's what I have so far. Please critique it! Tell me what's missing or what seems fishy.

Daily .
• Take pro-biotics, 10,000mcg of biotin, vitamin B complex, Hair/Nail/Skin supplement, 6g of chlorella, collagen
• Drink two cups of bamboo silica tea
• Eat healthier (food high in protein, vitamin e, vitamin b, zinc, and iron)
• Drink at least 4 bottles of water
• Moisturize with Oyin Handmade Hair Dew/Ojon Revitalizing Mist, seal with safflower seed oil
• Wear hair in some sort of bun
• Massage scalp
• Sleep with satin pillow case

Weekly .
• Massage scalp with extra dark JBCO
• Shampoo with Elasta Qp Creme Conditioning Shampoo
• Apply light protein treatment Elasta Qp Breakage Control Serum
• Deep condition with Aussie 3-Minute Moist DC/Audrey Organics GPB (alternate each week)

Monthly
• Use Nexxus Emergencee treatment

Also... Today is my wash day and I got the Nexxus Emergencee in the mail today. I don't have a conditioner specifically for moisturizing, I only have "Ovation Cell Therapy" conditioner, which is a deep conditioner, it doesn't say anything about specifically being a moisturizing conditioner. Would it be safe to use the treatment this time around or should I wait until I have a definte moisturizing conditioner?

And a simple question about conditioning. When you're conditioning your hair do you leave some in, wash it out gently, or wash it completely out? I've always been told to only very gently wash it out, so thats what I do.

Last edited:
Okay, after spending this day doing some research, here's what I have so far. Please critique it! Tell me what's missing or what seems fishy.

Daily .
• Take pro-biotics, 10,000mcg of biotin, vitamin B complex, Hair/Nail/Skin supplement, 6g of chlorella, collagen
• Drink two cups of bamboo silica tea
• Eat healthier (food high in protein, vitamin e, vitamin b, zinc, and iron)
• Drink at least 4 bottles of water
• Moisturize with Oyin Handmade Hair Dew/Ojon Revitalizing Mist, seal with safflower seed oil
• Wear hair in some sort of bun
• Massage scalp
• Sleep with satin pillow case

Weekly .
• Massage scalp with extra dark JBCO
• Shampoo with Elasta Qp Creme Conditioning Shampoo
• Apply light protein treatment Elasta Qp Breakage Control Serum
• Deep condition with Aussie 3-Minute Moist DC/Audrey Organics GPB (alternate each week)

Monthly
• Use Nexxus Emergencee treatment

Also... Today is my wash day and I got the Nexxus Emergencee in the mail today. I don't have a conditioner specifically for moisturizing, I only have "Ovation Cell Therapy" conditioner, which is a deep conditioner, it doesn't say anything about specifically being a moisturizing conditioner. Would it be safe to use the treatment this time around or should I wait until I have a definte moisturizing conditioner?

And a simple question about conditioning. When you're conditioning your hair do you leave some in, wash it out gently, or wash it completely out? I've always been told to only very gently wash it out, so thats what I do.
Sounds like a very solid plan you have set up! In answer to your conditioning question, since you plan to alternate moisturizing and protein treatments anyway, I would go ahead and use the Emergencee for this wash and see how your hair feels. Since it is heat damaged, it probably needs the protein right now anyway. As for rinsing out conditioner, I would definitely completely rinse out a protein treatment/conditioner. You would not like the results on your hair if you didn't (brittle, crunchy and a flaky scalp). As for other conditioners, it's pretty much up to your hair and scalp and how they like it. Some ladies have no problem not rinsing conditioner completely from their hair. Others like me, have very a temperamental scalp and hair, and they dictate to me quite decidedly that they require a complete rinse out of all conditioners. :ohwell:

If you learn only one thing from this hair journey, it will be this; you must listen to your hair and give it what it tells you it needs. If you pay attention to how it reacts to the things you do to it, and nourish it with the products it tells you it needs, then it will reward you with shininess, length, and the strength to do the things you want to do to it to express your style, even if you wear it in other than its curly state (although that would be just as beautiful!). Good luck with your regimen, and check in with us if you find something is not working.

Don't forget to post a pic of your curly hair (I'm sure it is lovely!) and take care!

ETA: Oh, and if there is one thing that I would question, it would be the Ovation Cell Therapy. I would hate for you to spend so much money on what I believe to be a scam, i.e., regular average conditioner that they claim will grow hair. I have come across too many pages on the Web identifying this as a scam to tell you in good faith that it is worth the money they sell this stuff for.

And another thing, If you are so inclined, I would look into using Paul Mitchell products for your hair. I have been using them for years (their relaxer is the best I've ever used), and my guess is that it would be readily available in your area. It is pricey, and most of it is only available in salons (the relaxer definitely is; believe me I've tried looking for it online and I can't find it anywhere reputable! :nono:), but it is very well worth the money, and will make your hair feel fabulous!

Last edited:
Thanks! I've found that my hair is a little crunchy and clumpy after leaving a bit of the conditioner in, so I may start washing it completely out and see what happens.

I'll definitely pay closer attention. Since I don't have my hair curly ever really, I'm not used to seeing it like that and I may have trouble figuring out how it responds at first.

I've been using the Ovation Hair Cell Therapy for 3 months and initially I noticed a great change in my hair. It was a lot softer and thicker looking. However after the first couple of times it didn't really do anything special. And I'll keep Paul Mitchell in my notes for SURE.

Okay, I applied the Nexxus Emergencee to my hair and I'm deep conditioning now. I'm not sure whether I put on too little or too much! Reading the reviews, many noted that as they were fingering it through their hair it had already started to strengthen and they has little breakage. As I was fingering it through, I lost more hair than usual... By the time I shampooed and put in conditioner there was hair all over me. Uh oh... We'll see what it looks like once I'm done DC'ing and it's air-dried.

Last edited:
Agh! My hair is shedding like nuts! Everytime I touch my hair a strand will get plucked out with it audible snap. There's hair everywhere... Also I don't see too much of a difference in my hair except theres less of it...

Agh! My hair is shedding like nuts! Everytime I touch my hair a strand will get plucked out with it audible snap. There's hair everywhere... Also I don't see too much of a difference in my hair except theres less of it...

A snap? That may be breakage, which is worse than just shedding

Thanks! I've found that my hair is a little crunchy and clumpy after leaving a bit of the conditioner in, so I may start washing it completely out and see what happens.

I'll definitely pay closer attention. Since I don't have my hair curly ever really, I'm not used to seeing it like that and I may have trouble figuring out how it responds at first.

I've been using the Ovation Hair Cell Therapy for 3 months and initially I noticed a great change in my hair. It was a lot softer and thicker looking. However after the first couple of times it didn't really do anything special. And I'll keep Paul Mitchell in my notes for SURE.

Okay, I applied the Nexxus Emergencee to my hair and I'm deep conditioning now. I'm not sure whether I put on too little or too much! Reading the reviews, many noted that as they were fingering it through their hair it had already started to strengthen and they has little breakage. As I was fingering it through, I lost more hair than usual... By the time I shampooed and put in conditioner there was hair all over me. Uh oh... We'll see what it looks like once I'm done DC'ing and it's air-dried.

I went through similar as you, had long hair finally went heat crazy, and got major breakage. My hair is the healthiest its ever been because I:
1) use a lot of protein. Your hair needs to get its strength back or it may keep breaking. I'd start with a hard protein if I was you like Aphogee 2 Step, then very moisturizing DC's every week and then 6 weeks later Aphogee again. Unless your hair loves protein I wouldn't do over do it, but I do think you should use a hard protein to minimize excess breakage.
2) PS 24/7: your hair may be too weak for sew ins, but actually girls your age can ear wigs...a lot do lol. You can buy a cute half wig and let hair out in the front. I recommend curly so you can wear your natural hair curly. No heat for 6 months is not going to cut it. You need to stop if you want your hair to bounce back. Maybe once for a length check in 6 months, but you shouldn't use it regularly anymore.
3) Cowash: that's good moisture for you and I like cleansing conds more than poos anyway. But it's your hair, but I think the more moisture the better.

You should rollerset your hair if you want it straight, learn to do it or go to a salon. Can do it weekly after DC sessions, leave hair down for a day if you'd like, then rest of the week up in a bun, or french braid, or under a halfwig. You have possibilities,dw girl

I didn't really read your plans sorry just wanted to give my two cents. But you can pm me if you like!

HTH and HHJ girly!

Okay I read your plans. That seems fine, I think you should add in a hard protein as your hair is most likely very week. Also prepoo before each shampoo session. Coconut oil overnight prepoo is known to minimize damage when you wash your hair. I also recommend a small trim in a month or two and I think you should def rollerset if you like straight hair.

It's shedding and breaking. A lot. I have it wrapped for the night I'll see how it is when it's dry tomorrow... I followed up with a ton of conditioner and a creme rinse so hm...

Well tomorrow or whenever you wash again if you're still worried, do a tea rinse. Or start taking garlic pills.
That'd help with the shedding at least.
I'm sorry hun!

I went through similar as you, had long hair finally went heat crazy, and got major breakage. My hair is the healthiest its ever been because I:
1) use a lot of protein. Your hair needs to get its strength back or it may keep breaking. I'd start with a hard protein if I was you like Aphogee 2 Step, then very moisturizing DC's every week and then 6 weeks later Aphogee again. Unless your hair loves protein I wouldn't do over do it, but I do think you should use a hard protein to minimize excess breakage.
2) PS 24/7: your hair may be too weak for sew ins, but actually girls your age can ear wigs...a lot do lol. You can buy a cute half wig and let hair out in the front. I recommend curly so you can wear your natural hair curly. No heat for 6 months is not going to cut it. You need to stop if you want your hair to bounce back. Maybe once for a length check in 6 months, but you shouldn't use it regularly anymore.
3) Cowash: that's good moisture for you and I like cleansing conds more than poos anyway. But it's your hair, but I think the more moisture the better.

You should rollerset your hair if you want it straight, learn to do it or go to a salon. Can do it weekly after DC sessions, leave hair down for a day if you'd like, then rest of the week up in a bun, or french braid, or under a halfwig. You have possibilities,dw girl

I didn't really read your plans sorry just wanted to give my two cents. But you can pm me if you like!

HTH and HHJ girly!

Thanks for the tips!

Oh yeah as for Nexxus, I guess that's protein, always saw it as a deep conditioner lol. If that doesn't help the breakage, since you already tried a big protein, maybe not a hard protein but in a week or two maybe a light to mild one like the ORS one...sorry I keep posting I want to help. Hope I do somehow!

Okay I read your plans. That seems fine, I think you should add in a hard protein as your hair is most likely very week. Also prepoo before each shampoo session. Coconut oil overnight prepoo is known to minimize damage when you wash your hair. I also recommend a small trim in a month or two and I think you should def rollerset if you like straight hair.

I'll look into the coconut oil. I'll also roller set once I've got my routine going... I don't want to go yanking on my hair quite yet. But once I feel comfortable I'll start with that or learn how to do it properly since in the past wet-sets on my natural hair have not curled.

goldenslumbers... Adding ceramides to my regiment has saved my hair!!!! Oils and products. I also added more moisture sessions (pre-poo'ing, moisturizing and sealing) Pre-poo'ing on dry hair helps moisture penetrate (for me). I used to also be a heat abuser (blow drying and flat ironing 1-2x per week). I learned to obtain straight styles through other methods (rollersets).

Conditioner only needs a max of 15-30 minutes to do what it needs to do. Leaving it on for hours does nothing extra after that initial 30 minutes.

I'll look into the coconut oil. I'll also roller set once I've got my routine going... I don't want to go yanking on my hair quite yet. But once I feel comfortable I'll start with that or learn how to do it properly since in the past wet-sets on my natural hair have not curled.

Awesome! Your hair is gona be back in shape in no time! And like the other girl said, ceramides are awesome esp with damaged hair. You can buy Hot 6 Oil at most stores and other ceramides like wheat germ oil online. You can put them in your prepoo, DC or seal with them...heads up wheat germ smells but I like the smell of hot 6 personally

You can use bantu knots to stretch your hair--it can make your hair wavy and then you can wrap it. Just a suggestion for when you want to manipulate your hair again.

Oh yeah as for Nexxus, I guess that's protein, always saw it as a deep conditioner lol. If that doesn't help the breakage, since you already tried a big protein, maybe not a hard protein but in a week or two maybe a light to mild one like the ORS one...sorry I keep posting I want to help. Hope I do somehow!

And it's appreciated. The thing is my hair, though breaking and shedding, wasn't breaking and shedding like this. This treatment was supposed to make the strands super soft and strong almost immediately. But, that didn't work out.

goldenslumbers... Adding ceramides to my regiment has saved my hair!!!! Oils and products. I also added more moisture sessions (pre-poo'ing, moisturizing and sealing) Pre-poo'ing on dry hair helps moisture penetrate (for me). I used to also be a heat abuser (blow drying and flat ironing 1-2x per week). I learned to obtain straight styles through other methods (rollersets).

Conditioner only needs a max of 15-30 minutes to do what it needs to do. Leaving it on for hours does nothing extra after that initial 30 minutes.

Thanks! I'll add pre-'pooing into my regimen. With coconut oil and Hot 6 Oil (since thats what you suggested).

And it's appreciated. The thing is my hair, though breaking and shedding, wasn't breaking and shedding like this. This treatment was supposed to make the strands super soft and strong almost immediately. But, that didn't work out.

I'm sorry girl. What's in the ingredient list? I want to determine if it's a hard protein or light or what before I give some product suggestions. If you're going to wait a week to wash again, you might see an improvement. Maybe on your hair it'll take a while. But I think you should wait a little more with your hair safely tucked away before deciding on what to do next so you don't use too much moisture or protein at once.
Swear I wish you lived in my city then this would be easier lol

It's shedding and breaking. A lot. I have it wrapped for the night I'll see how it is when it's dry tomorrow... I followed up with a ton of conditioner and a creme rinse so hm...

Start incorporating garlic into your regi!!! Vitamins, oil, products with garlic... It will stop your shedding! It worked wonders for me. Nothing will ever happen overnight. But my hair fell out by the clumps this time last year. I went from NL to 2 inches shy of APL in one year. Garlic is one of the main reasons I was able to do so.

My mom has every supplement under the sun so I'm sure theres something with garlic in there. I'll start taking it.

My hair is still falling out like crazy... obviously did something wrong with the Nexxus Emergencee. Hopefully it wasn't expired or anything, it was left out in the sun for a while before I got it.

For now, I just have it in a low ponytail with a hair tie (hopefully this is permissible) and it's wrapped up in a silk scarf the way I had it to sleep last night. Ugh, I'm so tempted to straighten it. I HATE looking at it.

Here's a picture of it wet (after the treatment an DC'ing)

And here it is dry this morning. The sides of course are sticking straight out, just as they do when straightened. They're unintentionally a little straight from being wrapped last night.

Any possible answers to why my hair may be suddenly breaking and shedding so much?

Back