Adopt a Newbie Updates

sugarose

Adopt a Newbie 1 Month Updates

Good morning ladies!!
It's time for our 1 Month updates!! How is everyone doing??
I will be back after work to brag on my lil sisters. ;)

ETA: I'm back. My little sister's are kimistry, growinstrong, LadyBug516, and YUMMY28. They are great!! I love that all 4 of them are up for any challenge, and I think their hair loves it too. :yep:
My girls will definitely have progress to show by the time the challenge ends.

Last edited:
Hello big sister :hug2: I have been doing good. I am proud to announce that I relaxed my hair not even 2 weeks ago and I see NG already. I'm :pray: for a total 1.5"-2" inches between now and my next relaxer. I've been keeping my hair up in a protective style, washing 1x every 2 weeks, eating healthy, taking my vits and trying to stay as active as I can. Thanks for all your help and support sister.

Last edited:
My hair is loving it!!!

My big sis (big ups to SEMO) has given me simple, straight to the point advice about moisture and protective styles and for the past few weeks I have been loyally following the suggestions. And BAM!!! My hair is growing (I've retained about 1 1/4 inch!) and it is very healthy! No excess breakage, full of sheen and thick!

Things are going well for me. My big sis is Nice and Wavy. The Trader Joes Nourish Spa she reccomended has really combated my dryness. I am co-washing 3-4 times a week and only washing every two weeks. I really don't know how much growth I have because I am not doing any direct heat until at least October (my b-day). Thanks BIG SIS:drunk:

My big sister is Mochamadness....I took out my tree braids, did a texlax touch up and lost my darn mind.

I trimed about 1/4 of an inch off and put my hair back in braids. I dont think I am doing too well on this challenge. But my big sister has been very understanding and flexible.:yep:

I have been sticking to my vit regimen and i increased my protein intake. My hair is extremely healthy. I am trying to keep it simple so that i may be consistent with my regimen. My big sis (DivineFavor) is a God send and she is so nice and attentive to my hair needs.

Things are going well for me. My big sis is Nice and Wavy. The Trader Joes Nourish Spa she reccomended has really combated my dryness. I am co-washing 3-4 times a week and only washing every two weeks. I really don't know how much growth I have because I am not doing any direct heat until at least October (my b-day). Thanks BIG SIS:drunk:

I'm glad you are not having anymore dryness issues. Co-washing is awesome when you use the right products!

I'm so glad you are my lil sister....Blessings to you!

Okay so....

My big is is Tsmith...

She gave me a list of products to use which have really helped me get an idea of what products have good results beyond whats raved about here!

I relaxed my hair 3 weeks ago, over all it seems to be healthy and have grown some. Im still learning which conditioners are best for me and which shampoos work well with out drying out and when to clarify etc.

Tsmith is dope (yeah, I clearly said Dope). I will post a pic later on. I dont have DRASTIC progress pictures but my hair is definitely in better shape and Im sure at the end of this challenge (If I follow her directions) I will have drastic progress pictures...

My wonderful big sis is clrsweetie912 :wave:and she helped me to finally understand how to use perm rods (thats a big deal to me- i was STRUGGLING)! She also answered my million hair questions!

AND I got a lot of help from sistaslick :wave:(I stole a few people's big sis for a few days!) and she helped me out a lot.

My hair started to get EXTREMELY dry and it was breaking:pullhair:, but thanks to their advice it's doing so much better in such a short time. I was inspired to stretch my relaxer (12 weeks!), and I have a better understanding of protein and moisture products.

YAY! for big sisters! :grin:

I have been sticking to my vit regimen and i increased my protein intake. My hair is extremely healthy. I am trying to keep it simple so that i may be consistent with my regimen. My big sis (DivineFavor) is a God send and she is so nice and attentive to my hair needs.

I'm so glad to hear that the challenge is working out for you. I'm here anytime that you need me. I am honored to be your big sis. Keeping it simple is key.

My hair was doing pretty well before the challenge but my big sis recommended different products that I am still trying out.

She gives awesome tips and advice and provided inital products she wanted us to buy.

The best part is that she taught me how to do an awesome rollerset on my 1st try and for that I will be forever grateful.

My big sis is Marie 170. She has started me on a vitamin regimen with Biotin and Futurebiotics Hair, Skin, Nails. I also use BT daily. I have sworn off heat and have rollerset or air dried my hair. I wash weekly with all KeraCare products (since my stylist at the salon uses them). My hair already seems to be a little thicker and my temples which are thin by heredity, are looking like they are developing a little more hair. I went to my stylist last week for the first time in a month and he was amazed at the growth of my hair. It is in a bob and they sides are at below my cheeks. I am hoping to get at chin length or more by December. It already grows fast but it's in better condition. Thanks LHCF and Big Sis.

P.S. I am supposed to add EVOO and coconut milk to my conditioners but I haven't yet. I will try that next week.

Hi Jae and everyone

My big sis is Tsmith and she is only the most awesome. I relaxed on the 7th of July and already have some good growth. I've gotten fab advice and super support. When I get busy and haven't checked in for a few days, T always checks on me, and she always takes the time to chat with me about my hair and my progress.

I think my hair is awesome. I did Phtyo relaxer, of course, and I use their shampoo and conditioner. I had a bit of shedding that T got in line for me - protein treatment, but have had no breakage at all. It's so ultra cool not to see the little bits of hair - I still check, just in case. I wash with shampoo and do a deep conditioning treatment twice a week and conditioner wash on the other days. My hair is soft, shiny and strong. Did I mention how great it is to have no breakage? Of course, i wear my protective style most everyday (when Dh and I go out, he likes for it to be down - roller set to the rescue).

Tsmith is the best, best, best big sis ever and Jae is a great little sis too.

My hair is wonderful and I love it.

MY big sis is the lovely Whipeffectz. Shes been pushing the idea of moisture and BOY apparently thats what ive been missing. She's had me cut down on the shampooing and do more condition washes. Ive been doing it every day now and have been puting my hair in a pony tail with a phony pony & "attempting" to do baggying. I also upped my water intake and started back on my biotin/MSM. i think i may have had 1/2 inch to an inch of growth but my hair feels AMAZINGLY soft. With the conditoner washes with the coconut milk in the conditioner and the spray bottle throughout the day for moisture, my hair has had much less breakage!

*Whipz i still owe u a pm*

Hi everyone
My Big Sis is SugaRose and she has been so helpful and nice
she gave me a awesome recipe for a pre poo and my hair was like thank you girl
she also has me bagging everynight (which i didnt do before) and my ends love it
i took a pic of my progress so far and i can tell you that its longer than my siggy but :nono:i cant show you all yet
I finally have gotten the balance between moisture and protein :band:
Shout out to Suga Rose :clap:

Last edited:
Hi Jae and everyone

My big sis is Tsmith and she is only the most awesome. I relaxed on the 7th of July and already have some good growth. I've gotten fab advice and super support. When I get busy and haven't checked in for a few days, T always checks on me, and she always takes the time to chat with me about my hair and my progress.

I think my hair is awesome. I did Phtyo relaxer, of course, and I use their shampoo and conditioner. I had a bit of shedding that T got in line for me - protein treatment, but have had no breakage at all. It's so ultra cool not to see the little bits of hair - I still check, just in case. I wash with shampoo and do a deep conditioning treatment twice a week and conditioner wash on the other days. My hair is soft, shiny and strong. Did I mention how great it is to have no breakage? Of course, i wear my protective style most everyday (when Dh and I go out, he likes for it to be down - roller set to the rescue).

Hi Pumpkin! I totally overlooked that in my post :perplexed our Big Sis made sure we had a great relationship with our other sister! Im so happy about that cause I love to chat it up with Newflowers!

Hi!

My big sis is ella.

I had my hair in cornrows for a month and not sure what to do with it when I took them out. She told me to do a strand test (and had me review Sistaslick's thread on this subject) to see what type of treatment my hair really needed. It turned out to moisture and not protein as I had thought so I did a wash with Aveda DR poo, 15 mins under the dryer with DPR11 and my hair loved it!

Thanks ella!

Hello big sister :hug2: I have been doing good. I am proud to announce that I relaxed my hair not even 2 weeks ago and I see NG already. I'm :pray: for a total 1.5"-2" inches between now and my next relaxer. I've been keeping my hair up in a protective style, washing 1x every 2 weeks, eating healthy, taking my vits and trying to stay as active as I can. Thanks for all your help and support sister.

Hi everyone
My Big Sis is SugaRose and she has been so helpful and nice
she gave me a awesome recipe for a pre poo and my hair was like thank you girl
she also has me bagging everynight (which i didnt do before) and my ends love it
i took a pic of my progress so far and i can tell you that its longer than my siggy but :nono:i cant show you all yet
I finally have gotten the balance between moisture and protein :band:
Shout out to Suga Rose :clap:

Aww, you guys are too sweet! :blush:

I was excited to find out that Letitia was my big sis, and she's been great. She gave me a product list that's really helped me with moisture. Every product she's recommended has been on point. :yahoo: And she addressed my concerns about breakage from protective styling and swimming right away. She encouraged me in the beginning to stretch my relaxers too. This is my first time stretching.

I've noticed a lot of progress--no more excessive breaking or shedding. And I know my hair has grown a lot. I can't wait to straighten and see the results. :reddancer:

Thanks Tee!
:flowers:

My Big Sis, Mochamadness, has been very helpful to me. I LOVE HER!!!!! :grin: She is always there when I need her and has offered so many hair tips that I know I will be able to reach my goal within my allotted time frame.

THANKS SO MUCH BIG SIS!!!!!

I'm so glad I have you to lean on. :yep:

I was excited to find out that Letitia was my big sis, and she's been great. She gave me a product list that's really helped me with moisture. Every product she's recommended has been on point. :yahoo: And she addressed my concerns about breakage from protective styling and swimming right away. She encouraged me in the beginning to stretch my relaxers too. This is my first time stretching.

I've noticed a lot of progress--no more excessive breaking or shedding. And I know my hair has grown a lot. I can't wait to straighten and see the results. :reddancer:

Thanks Tee!
:flowers:

Awhh, Thanks LaReyna! You are so on your A-game! It's my pleasure to be your Big Sister. You are more than ready for a little sister in October!

I love my little sisters! They are just wonderful!

My Big sis is TBeBe. She's the best! I have been asking for a lot of advice on airdrying and this week I will be buying hair products and hair accessories (satin pillowcases, scarves, etc.) to make sure my hair is fully protected. TBeBe is always there when I need some advice, and she finds the answer to any question I have. This is the only challenge that I have been apart of that I have been excited and continued to participate in after a while, so Im really excited about that. She made my progress pic for my siggy and my fotki too!:grin:

My big sister is Mochamadness....I took out my tree braids, did a texlax touch up and lost my darn mind.

I trimed about 1/4 of an inch off and put my hair back in braids. I dont think I am doing too well on this challenge. But my big sister has been very understanding and flexible.:yep:

You are doing fine on this challenge sis :yep: It's all about finding a regimen that fits into your lifestyle and keeps you stress free, so now that we've figured that out it's full speed ahead!!

My Big Sis, Mochamadness, has been very helpful to me. I LOVE HER!!!!! :grin: She is always there when I need her and has offered so many hair tips that I know I will be able to reach my goal within my allotted time frame.

THANKS SO MUCH BIG SIS!!!!!

I'm so glad I have you to lean on. :yep:

Aww thanks sis!!! You've definitely come a long way and have become so independent during this challenge!!

Here's a hug for my lil' sisters :grouphug:

My big sis answered all my questions and gave me some good advice which I am following. I'm laying low right now and not doing much with my hair. I have a lot of new growth that I am just trying to manage for the next six weeks.

Okay so....

My big is is Tsmith...

She gave me a list of products to use which have really helped me get an idea of what products have good results beyond whats raved about here!

I relaxed my hair 3 weeks ago, over all it seems to be healthy and have grown some. Im still learning which conditioners are best for me and which shampoos work well with out drying out and when to clarify etc.

Tsmith is dope (yeah, I clearly said Dope). I will post a pic later on. I dont have DRASTIC progress pictures but my hair is definitely in better shape and Im sure at the end of this challenge (If I follow her directions) I will have drastic progress pictures...

That's right! You're doing good and following all my directions...You have gotten excellent growth...You're going to be the bomb...in a few months...and I'll be right there rooting you on....:grin:

Hi Jae and everyone

:grin: I'm the happiest big sis EVER...I am soooo happy that my lil sisters are doing GREAT!...I can't wait to see their progress..I will be here rooting...as long as it takes....ride or die:yep: I'm here for the long run....

My hair was doing pretty well before the challenge but my big sis recommended different products that I am still trying out.

She gives awesome tips and advice and provided inital products she wanted us to buy.

The best part is that she taught me how to do an awesome rollerset on my 1st try and for that I will be forever grateful.

Thank you yajencon2. I am glad everything is working out for you and you are doing a great job. I'm a proud Big Sis! :yep:

Back