a man says he loves you after first date?

chickle

Yes this actually happened to me. :ohwell: He seemed very nice too and kept saying how beautiful I was. He has called me a couple of times, but I have not responded, should I give him a chance or throw in the bag?

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :look:

After the first date? Naw, something ain't right about that.

It makes think either he's 1) running game or 2) has stalker potential.

How long had you guys been talking prior to the first date?

He maybe crazy or believe in love at first sight. Complimenting a woman is a good sign. I say go for it!

He's crazy. RUN

eta: when a guy uses those words so easily and doesn't even know you enough to really love you... RUN

Run. Run. RUN. RUN. RUN. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roadrun1.gif

If him telling he loves you is weirding you out, then it doesn't matter what we think. Cuz he's weirding YOU out. And you have good cause to be weirded out. It's one thing to catch strong feelings so early on, but it's a whole nother thing to confess those feelings before yall have even established that kind of emotional intimacy.

He must be related to the guy who mentioned that he thought we ought to attend couples therapy during our first date, I politely excused myself under the guise of having to visit the restroom, I ran out of that restaurant like I was wearing gasoline drawers in hell.......... don't wait until he's trying to cut you up into a million pieces with hacksaw before you decide to run.

Last edited:
He must be related to the guy who mentioned that he thought we ought to attend couples therapy during our first date, I politely excused myself under the guise of having to visit the restroom, I ran out of that restaurant like I was wearing gasoline draws in hell.......... don't wait until he's trying to cut you up into a million pieces with hacksaw before you decide to run.

Are you serious?! :lachen::lachen:

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :look:

After the first date? Naw, something ain't right about that.

It makes think either he's 1) running game or 2) has stalker potential.

How long had you guys been talking prior to the first date?

I actually just met him a couple of days prior to the date, but I guess there were warning signs then too though. He kept talking about our future together and how he liked me, but I guess I thought he was kidding.

He must be related to the guy who mentioned that he thought we ought to attend couples therapy during our first date, I politely excused myself under the guise of having to visit the restroom, I ran out of that restaurant like I was wearing gasoline drawers in hell.......... don't wait until he's trying to cut you up into a million pieces with hacksaw before you decide to run.

:lachen:

I actually just met him a couple of days prior to the date, but I guess there were warning signs then too though. He kept talking about our future together and how he liked me, but I guess I thought he was kidding.

:lachen:

Oh, he's sounds crazy as hell, I would keep it moving.

It could be...
1.Crazy
2.I wanna hit it fast talk
3.Crazy
4.Or he hasn't had anyone in a while and needs someone for the holiday
5.Crazy

The only way that would be acceptable is if y'all had known each other for a while but just now went on a date.

I'm KIM

Nah, leave that one alone girl. I remember a guy like that who before we even went out(talked on the phone for two weeks) admitted to me that I was his future fiancee. Mr Desperado had to go. I dodged him for weeks before he simply stopped calling.

It could be...
1.Crazy
2.I wanna hit it fast talk
3.Crazy
4.Or he hasn't had anyone in a while and needs someone for the holiday
5.Crazy

Agreed! An old ex did the same thing. Yeah, he became an armed and dangerous stalker. Another guy did the same thing. I ran. Found out he was just a player.

My more recent ex told me he loved me after our first "date." I was visiting from another state, we were online friends who talked on the phone daily for 2 years. He also called his mother in front of me to tell him he'd met the woman he wanted to marry and changed my MySpace status to In a Relationship.

We were planning a wedding within a year. He basically just had a checklist. He's a REALLY sweet, giving guy who just wants to settle down with a nice girl. But because he wants it NOW, he tries to skip over some essential elements of a loving relationship. And sometimes... I worried about his peace of mind. Which is the nice way of saying... *sigh* he might be... a little... Crazy. There. I said it.

I regret little in life. But, I still say, "Ruuuunnnnnnn!"

This happened to me twice!, and both time I ran like Jeffrey Dhamer was after me. Once, I hadn't even gone out with him yet, a friend introduced us and gave him my number, he was calling me constantly telling me that he loved me (WTF???), like I would talk to him at 11 and tell him I am at work and will call you later, he would call me back at 12, then at 1, then at 2...... I just started ignoring his calls, then six months later he called again; and then this guy that I went to one date with is still calling me to find out 'what happened to us?' wtf?? we had one date, you lack a backbone and yus creepy. That's what happened! where are the good non-creepy guys?

he want some puzzy chile. and prolly got a disease to go right long wif it. u know betta and u know he ain't in love witchu afta da official first date.

picha it. u ain't even give up da drawers and already he in love. u ain't even kiss da man and already he in love. u prolly don't even know his last name and he in love?

i could go on and on.

chile puleez...

Is he West Indian? I know a lot of Haitian men do this and they are full of BS. Like the other posters stated he just wants to get into your panties. Play hard to get and see if he sticks around and still loves you as he says.

he want some puzzy chile. and prolly got a disease to go right long wif it. u know betta and u know he ain't in love witchu afta da official first date.

picha it. u ain't even give up da drawers and already he in love. u ain't even kiss da man and already he in love. u prolly don't even know his last name and he in love?

i could go on and on.

chile puleez...

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I totally agree, especially with the bolded... and i didnt give up anything, but he basically told me everything about him on the first date and he did kiss me lol

Is he West Indian? I know a lot of Haitian men do this and they are full of BS. Like the other posters stated he just wants to get into your panties. Play hard to get and see if he sticks around and still loves you as he says.

he is american, but he sure did want me to be anything but black. he kept asking if i was somalian. I pretty much stopped answering his phone calls, so i guess at this point i am playing 'impossible to get'.

Yes this actually happened to me. :ohwell: He seemed very nice too and kept saying how beautiful I was. He has called me a couple of times, but I have not responded, should I give him a chance or throw in the bag?

I think it all depends solely on how you feel.
Did it freak you out? When you thought about it did it actually feel right even though you knew it was wrong? The reason why I ask is because my now husband said that a few days after we met and then proposed a couple weeks after... for most women this was too fast but for me it was just perfect. I know it sounds crazy but if the reality of him saying these things to you doesn't urk you (you actually seem to still like him very much) you never know where it might go. Now, on the other hand, if any point you feel even a teeny tiny voice inside of you that lets you know something might actually be wrong, then it's time to back off and ditch him.. I say you give him a chance, a few more dates, then if you still aren't 100% about him, then, throw in the towel. But be honest with yourself first- usually the answer is right there in fron tof you.

Oh God! This happened to me once with an Arabic guy (a FINE one might I add). Met him while I was waiting tables, he didn't say anything. Then ran into him at another restaurant while I was with another guy and he told me I was the most beautiful woman blah blah. I called him, and he said it was love at first sight and that it had only happened to him one other time. He was talking about kids, marriage and everything. *Fast forward to valentines day* He was nowhere to be found the first part of the day, so I cancelled v-day plans (i stood him up) and went out with someone else. Never spoke to him again after that.

On top of that, prior to v-day, i ran into him at the bookstore and he told me he just got done meeting with a date at the bookstore. I kept talking to him though because I was in a stage where I was just trying to use men. *shrugs*

Run like the wind.

This is a red flag.

Men who say that they love you after the first date may have emotional issues.

It's different in the films because the director calls "cut!"
This is your life he does not deserve to enter it.

Back