a man is suppose to take his women's side always?

Lilmama1011

I have read in numerous articles/posts and etc about a man sticking up for his woman/wife in all situations. Then behind close doors he can say who he think is really right because he won't be embarrassing her in front of others. Do you think this is right or expect it even if it's his mother? I would expect a man to side with his mother because that's his mother (she raised him and everyone thinks momma knows best) unless the momma is speaking total bs then I would expect him to speak the truth or label him a pussy cat. But the fact that a lot believe that the man should side with their woman even if she is wrong is crazy and speak against the mom just because she isn't his woman is making me question where do we get this ideology from?

Anyway, I think it's all about keeping peace at home and keeping the new family that he created together (Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife and the two of them shall be one flesh.”)

If he continually takes mother's side over wife's then then that is threatened...and he could end up back at home living with his mother :lol:

Spouses come before parents (and, if his wife took her father's side over his, he'd figure that out REAL quick), but if there's a disagreement, I think it would be best for ALL parties if the issue was tabled and the husband and his wife spoke privately.

Anyway, I think it's all about keeping peace at home and keeping the new family that he created together (Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife and the two of them shall be one flesh.”)

If he continually takes mother's side over wife's then then that is threatened...and he could end up back at home living with his mother :lol:

Makes sense lol

A man is supposed to "publicly" take his wife's side always even if it's against his mother. What's so hard to understand about that?

Personally I would expect him to take whatever side he believes is right. Wouldn't expect him to blindly agree with me if he thinks I'm wrong or being unreasonable. But if I'm not he better back me up against anyone, including his parents.

Last edited:
Back