A Little Rant

KrimsonKween

Well ladies two things. last night I was up and checking MSN and on the page was Hair Myths. Well you know I was just noisy. So two things that the boards suggest was just eye poping. 1. Biotin is great for the hair and nails. I said that's on LHCF :grin: 2. No pooing they said for people with tight curly hair no pooing was very good. They also said if u do use shampoos the more expensive the better. They said cheap shampoos has chemicals that strip the hair and can cuase damage from frequent usage. (daily) 3. Daily washing well they said that was not good for the hair as it strips the hair of its natural oils that naturally conditions the hair. I was like get out of here. They talked with leading stylist in LA to get the info. They should have just came to lhcf.

Now my rant
Have you ever seen ladies and girls walking around with their hair sticking straight up on their heads and all broken off. Well today I was in FoodLion getting fruit and I saw this lady with her hair sticking straight out in the back with about 3 inches of new growth where she needed to make up her mind if she was going to relax or go natural and her hair was graish looking. I felt so bad and wanted to give her the web address but we just passed and smiled.

Questions:

How does that make u feel when you see someone with hair like that?

How does it make u feel anbout ur treasured locks?

Do u think people sterotype AA for the same race mistakes?

Now my rant
Have you ever seen ladies and girls walking around with their hair sticking straight up on their heads and all broken off. Well today I was in FoodLion getting fruit and I saw this lady with her hair sticking straight out in the back with about 3 inches of new growth where she needed to make up her mind if she was going to relax or go natural and her hair was graish looking. I felt so bad and wanted to give her the web address but we just passed and smiled.

Questions:

How does that make u feel when you see someone with hair like that? It depends how bad they look however my hair may have looked bad once or twice or more in my life. Hair is not important to everybody. Also you don't know what that person is going through in their life, the woman could have just lost her mother and her husband may have just lost job, a relaxer and a dye job is at least of her worries. Lastly, depending on her age and/or lifestyle, she may not have the time or a computer to join LHCF.

How does it make u feel anbout ur treasured locks? Honestly, I would think I am so happy that I am not relaxed anymore.

Do u think people sterotype AA for the same race mistakes?[/quote]
Do you mean hair mistakes? Yes people stereotype us based on what they see. We stereotyped them why would it be different? When I BCd last year, my co-workers black and non-black were perplexed about my hair because first they are so used to seeing black women with relaxed hair (non-blacks may think with good reason this is our natural hair texture) and second my hair was curly instead of sexy fro.

Back