A betta way to use Emergencee

melodee

I have a big ol' bottle of Emergencee and it never really did much to strengthen my fine strands.

After a trip to Lisa's Domincan salon, I've since learned the trick for my hair--don't put the plastic cap on as directed. My stylist piled my hair atop my head after appying "Emergencia" and put me under the dryer for about 20 minutes. It got hard, not as hard as Aphogee but close. It's much easier to rinse out than Aphogee and my hair stopped breaking after one treatment.

The directions say to use the cap, but without the hardening effect, the product doesn't seem to take full effect for me.

Thanx! I'll have to try this since my last aphogee treatment didn't stop the breakage, that was the first time it didn't work, but anyway anything beats sitting under the drier for forever w/that aphogee, so I was thinking of switching to the Nexuus Emergencee, just didn't breakdown to pay for that small bottle,LOL! Well another reason to take a trip to the BSS.;)

Thanks Melodee! I'll have to try this!

Yeah, that Emergencee is no joke! It doesn't play. Yeah, it's pretty expensive for such a small bottle, but that stuff works if you use it right! Sometimes good things come in small packages! heehee! I remember just a few weeks ago I was having some major breakage and so I used Emergencee. Ha...in just a day my hair stopped shedding. I didn't see as much breakage in the shower and the sink as I combed my hair. THat stuff is good. :)

I've never tried the underthedryer thing with emergencee, but I'll give it a shot.

Emergencee is great! I mix it with Aphogee sometimes to cut down on the nasty smell and it works like a charm...no nasty smelling Aphogee dripping now my neck and stinking up my clothes and the combo really does stop breakage immediately, now mix all of this with some EVOO and some Castor oil and you will get nice shine and softness too!

When I first started using Emergencee back in 1998 that is the way they applied it at the dominican salons. It was put on without a shower cap then put under the dryer until hard.

Penetraitt by Sebasian is applied this way also.

But now the dominican salons I used to go to put on a shower cap and dryer for 15 mins.

I wonder why the change. I will try it witout the cap and heat next time

Thanks

My thing with Aphogee is that it is soooo hard to rinse out and I wind up leaving residue and my hair is hard and smelly when I try to style it.

Emergencee really doesn't do much for me w/o heat. W/a cap and heat it's okay. without the cap--great.​

melodee said:
I have a big ol' bottle of Emergencee and it never really did much to strengthen my fine strands.

After a trip to Lisa's Domincan salon, I've since learned the trick for my hair--don't put the plastic cap on as directed. My stylist piled my hair atop my head after appying "Emergencia" and put me under the dryer for about 20 minutes. It got hard, not as hard as Aphogee but close. It's much easier to rinse out than Aphogee and my hair stopped breaking after one treatment.

The directions say to use the cap, but without the hardening effect, the product doesn't seem to take full effect for me.

What does she put on after the Emergencee??? Does she then moisturize?

She applied another conditioner (the cinnamon smelling one)after rinsing out Emergencee, put a cap on me and put me under for 5 mins.

melodee said:
She applied another conditioner (the cinnamon smelling one)after rinsing out Emergencee, put a cap on me and put me under for 5 mins.

melodee by chance do you remember the name of this co?

thanks in advance

newslady said:
think this will work after a relaxer?
since relaxers break hair down, can protein as a follow-up help?

It shouldn't be a problem...Emergencee is a 'polymeric reconstructor' so using it after a relaxer would strengthen your hair, when I use this product I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner for 5-10 minutes (that optional).:)

Thanks for sharing!!

This does sound like it would be a more effective way of using emergencee. I will definitely try this the next time I use it.

Glad to be of assistance. guys.

Tishee, I'm not sure what the name of that co was, but I'll look into it.

I'm sure that using it weekly would be okay, since it's polymeric and not like Aphogee. DO NOT use the Aphogee treatment weekly. After a relaxer is fine, but yes, do follow up with a moisturizing co.:)

melodee said:
Glad to be of assistance. guys.

Tishee, I'm not sure what the name of that co was, but I'll look into it.

I'm sure that using it weekly would be okay, since it's polymeric and not like Aphogee. DO NOT use the Aphogee treatment weekly. After a relaxer is fine, but yes, do follow up with a moisturizing co.:)

thanks melodee!

Thanks so much for this tip. I recently started using emergency, as reccomended by some nice ladies on this board and by a kind sales lady at a trade secret store to combat my breackage problems due to coloring processes. I tried it once with the cap and my hair didn't get hard, but I still think it helped a bit. Now, I am sitting under my dryer without a cap at this very moment and it has hardened up. I like it better this way, so far. I am going to wash it out in a minute. *crosses fingers* Thanks again for the tip!

Hi everybody! I'm a :newbie: and I just tried Emergencee right after my relaxer yesterday. It stopped the breakage immediately! My stylist also combined it with a moisturizing con and sat me under the dryer for 20 min. I may try using it every other week... I'll let you know how it goes!

Good to know people have found success w/ this.

For those who let it harden...be sure to follow it up with a moisturizing co under the dryer briefly to keep hair soft.

Do you guys find that Emergencee is easier to remove than Aphogee, even when allowed to harden?

Okay so I tried this method today, and it definitely works better than using it with a shower cap. After rinsing out the emergencee, I washed my hair again and conditioned it using a mixture of Humetress and Kenra (talking about slip) sat under the dryer for 30 mins. rinsed and detangled. I only had 3 hairs in my comb after detangling and rollersetting my hair!! I can't believe it!!! Ladies, if you're having breakage and you have some if this in the closet, even if you don't have any in the closet, go out and get some!!! It's worth it :grin:

I have tried this the last two times I did a protein rx with Emergencee. This works like a charm. I had no breakage after the rx.

melodee said:

Melodee,

Thanks for referring the use of this method. It really works, I am overwhelmingly pleased with the results.

Question .... would it be safe doing this but putting sections of my hair in buns while it's under the dryer? If it gets hard, I'm afraid that doing it this way will cause me to experience breakage when I try the buns down to rinse.

Back