A betta way to use Emergencee

Thanks so much for this tip...been doing this ever since your post. I follow up with my beloved Silicon Mix and my hair is really lovin the results :love:

Nexxus products are 40% off at Trade Secret now because they're changing the packaging...So, stock up before it's all gone.......I know I did...

marygrove013 said:
Nexxus products are 40% off at Trade Secret now because they're changing the packaging...So, stock up before it's all gone.......I know I did...
Is this for all of the trade secrets or just the one in your area? It doesnt say it on the website. Either way, thanks for the tip.

marygrove013 said:

marygrove do you know how long this sale will last by chance?
tia

I just called a local Trade Secret store here in San Diego, CA and was told the following:

They are selling ALL of their Nexxus products right now at 40% off, the percentage goes up every week or two. They are doing this not because of a change in labeling but because the store chain is not going to be selling Nexxus products at all. She says the 'contract' was bought out through WalMart, yes WALMART so you'll be able to get your Nexxus fix locally.

How long with the sale last? Until all Nexxus the mdse is sold. The location I called in Horton Plaza said they've never carried the Emergencee, this may or may not be true for other locations, you may have to call your nearest store to find out.

HTH.

VWV

marygrove013 said:

Thanks marygrove013! I'll be hitting the mall tomorrow! I was going anyway b/c Casual Corner/Petite Sophisticate is going out of business too!

Which one did u go to??

Sorry it took so long to respond...I went to the Trade Secret in Novi, MI...When I went, I purchsed everything to do the Nexxus Omni Pak & 3 bottles of Emeregence...

I used this last week on my natural hair. I had it for a while and did not think much of the product. It worked good on my natural hair with no heat and just a cap. I may break my no heat challenge and sit under a dryer.

Anyone else with natural hair that uses Nexus Emergencee?

marygrove013 said:
Sorry it took so long to respond...I went to the Trade Secret in Novi, MI...When I went, I purchsed everything to do the Nexxus Omni Pak & 3 bottles of Emeregence...

So that's why I couldn't find any when I went yesterday!:grin:

I tried this yesterday with the Dudley's DRC-28....not the same... :nono:

I'll stick with my Emergencee when the Dudley's is used up!

marygrove013 said:
Thanks so much for the heads up, I went crazy yesterday in Trade Secrets with all of the nexxus products. I bought liters of damn near everything!

mochamadness said:
Thanks so much for the heads up, I went crazy yesterday in Trade Secrets with all of the nexxus products. I bought liters of damn near everything!

this is EXACTLY what I am going to do today mochamadness!

I tried this over the weekend and it works!!!! I've had a serious shedding problem for months now and Emergencee stopped it! I'm going to use it this way from now on!

Thank you very much Melodee, this worked like a charm, I was actually under the dryer w/the Emergencee in my hair along w/the saran wrap, and while searching found this thread, of course I took the saran wrap off and let it dry until hard. The best thing about the Emergencee for me is that it did not dry my hair out like the Aphoghee does, and NO runny sticky stuff going down my neck. :cool:, plus I still had slip after rinsing it out, I don't know if it was because I washed w/the Therapee first but it was the Bomb!! I followed up w/the Humectress DC for 20 min. Will throw this into the regimen every 2 wks to maintain the balance of moisture and strength. Just when I thought I was gonna have to trim, Nexxus lived up to it's name once again. ;)

Thanks Again for the heads up. :D .

Salaam,

I hope I'm not to late with this thread, The first time I tried the Emergencee I used a plastic cap and was MAD because it didn't work the way I was hoping for. I will try it without a cap thanks for the tip...

I use Emergencee with the cap but I sleep with it in my hair. i dont have a hood dryer so I wash my hair at night, put on the plastic cap, cover it with a scarf and go to bed. When I get up, I wash it out and do a moisturizing treatment.

I get NO breakage or shedding whatsoever. :) When I used the emergencee as directed it didnt to anything for my hair.

As I type this, I am sitting under the dryer w/o the cap with Emergencee on. This is my 1st time ever using it.

I did something stupid yesterday. I got a weave in even though I am challenging myself not to. Not even 24 hours later, I wanted it out. It was so tight my head hurt, and I missed my hair so much.

She was removing that thing w/o any consideration for the health of my hair.

I figured I need some emergencee treatment right now in case I got some damage. I hope this works well for me, too.

Last edited:
Thank you ladies! The last time I used Emergencee with a cap it didn't do a think. I was getting ready to toss that little $14.99 bottle in the trash! (Sike, no I wasn't! :lol: I was gonna make it work somehow!)

I'm gonna try this next week!

This is great advice and I will have to try it. That Aphogee looks and smells like somebody threw-up. Eeewww!!!! :bah: I used it once and couldn't handle that smell.

ok, guys. it turned out great!

My hair is noticably thinner because of the drama it had to deak with, but there I am not getting any breakage.

I am in need of a good deep conditioner, but I feel like I am back to normal now.

baglady215 said:
Thank you ladies! The last time I used Emergencee with a cap it didn't do a think. I was getting ready to toss that little $14.99 bottle in the trash! (Sike, no I wasn't! :lol: I was gonna make it work somehow!)

I'm gonna try this next week!

I brought my bottle with me to the salon on Friday. They charge $15 for just one treatment!:eek: You should have seen me under the dryer sneaking the plastic cap off my head that my stylist put on!:lol: I know she felt my hair was hard, but she didn't say anything!

Wow, HairPeace!

That was brave of you. I probly wouldn't have the guts to spike my hair treatment w/o telling my styist!

How did your hair turn out?

melodee said:
Wow, HairPeace!

That was brave of you. I probly wouldn't have the guts to spike my hair treatment w/o telling my styist!

How did your hair turn out?

She used the bottle I brought in, but she had to read the directions on the back of the bottle. I thought that was strange b/c they have it in the salon, but they charge you for it. She told me they don't charge for the treatment, but the time she has to take to do it in 2 steps: first the emergencee, then a moisturizer.

My hair turned out fine. I was suprised to see how much it has grown. I could feel it on my collar bone. I hope to be a decent shoulder lenght by April...I'm getting married on the 22nd.:grin:

Back