A betta way to use Emergencee

nfynit_812 said:
OMG :bouncy: :bouncy:

I searched for a thread about Emergencee and how to use it, and read all of the posts. I CW my hair with Suave Coconut, honey and olive oil mixed in; then put the emergencee and used my hand held blowdryer for 20 minutes and rinsed it out; then mixing my lil bit of Kenra MC and NTM Hair Mask overnight. I went to the Dominicans and got my set done...and my hair is silky smooth with minimal breakage!!! Thanks ladies for your experiences!

I plan to use emergencee once a month after I clarify with Kenra Clarifying Shampoo.

Where can I get this Kenra Clarifying Shampoo at. I'm planning on picking up some Emergencee when I get off work, so seeing this thread was right on time. I was going to also get a clarifying shampoo (I've never clarified before) and shampoo with that first. I've never used any Kenra products, but I see a lot of you all do, so they must be good. I also don't have a sit under dryer, so I'm sort of disappointed about that :( . I was going to buy a heating cap, but that wouldn't work the same w/o a plastic cap.

Okay, my hair is breaking like crazy. My friend recommended DRC, but I don't want to wait until I can get my hands on some. So, I bought the Emergencee becauses a lot of ladies have posted good things about it. I thought I'd research it again before applying it as directed; and I'm glad I did. I'm going to go use it right now. I'll let you know how it went.

Thanks for this suggestion! I've used Emergencee a few times and didn't feel any real results. But once I finally allowed it to harden by sitting under the dryer with no cap for about 15 min, I can actually feel how much stronger my hair is. But now i think i should have deep conditioned longer, my hair isn't as soft as usual so I'll have to add some more moisture.

Where do you guys buy Emergencee from because I can't find it anywhere? I thought I overlooked it somewhere, but i can't remember. :confused:

CVS, its made by Nexxus.

Has anyone ever used it following the instructions? I can't see how leaving it in for 2-3 min then shampooing it out can help.

Okay, the results are in. I did a conditioning wash, then used Emergencee and sat under the dryer for about 15-20 minutes, without a cap. I then shampooed with Therapee and did a semi DC with Humetress. I then did a DC and with Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer.

Needless to say, I had A LOT less breakage when combing my hair. I didn't get the INSTANT STOPPING that some ladies received. But, I think my hair was pretty bad. So, less breakage was alright with me.

This info REALLY helped me!

I did this last night and made a BIG difference. I never used emergencee before, but was prompted to behind this shedding I suddenly had.

Thanks for sharing this Mel:D

Last edited:
I started doing it w/out the cap a couple of months ago, & it made such a huge difference that I'll never use it my old way again

MonaLisa said:
This info REALLY helped me!

I did this last night and made a BIG difference. I never used emergencee before, but was prompted to behind this shedding I suddenly had.

Thanks for sharing this Mel:D

Good, you'll have a small package in a few days...I'm not needing to use mine anymore....:grin:

I never use the plastic cap with emergencee, I simply put it on after my shampoo it gets hard as I drive to the salon, when I get there all they do is apply conditioner

kimmy132 said:
Where do you guys buy Emergencee from because I can't find it anywhere? I thought I overlooked it somewhere, but i can't remember. :confused:

I can't find it anywhere either. Trade Secret said they no longer sell Nexxus products because they can't guarantee they are professional products anymore. I was like "HUH". Now when I go to the Professional Beauty Supply store to buy my products, they sell Kenra and Bioloage, the same products they sell in Trade Secret. I don't get it. What I was thinking is that they wanted to put Nexxus out for retail sale so they can make more money. I could get Nexxus products at the wholesale price, now I have to pay full price. I paid $18.99 for Nexxus Keraphix and I about passed out:eek:

Sorry I'm just viewing Melodee's thread.

I totally agree with her. The first time Dudley's DRC 28 (works like emergence) was applied to my hair, the salon that I went to didn't use a plastic cap. My shedding came to a complete halt. However, the bottle also says to use a plastic cap and when most salons use it, they use a plastic cap. So thanks for pointing this out Melodee. The next time I use my DRC 28, I will use it without the plastic cap.

Last edited:
Cayenne0622 said:
NEXXUS EMERGENCEE at HEB (grocery chain in Texas) for $13.99. I'm getting mine today!

Cool. I miss shopping at HEB in Texas. I miss everything about TEXAS!;-(

Try Walmart. They have Nexxus products.

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
I can't find it anywhere either. Trade Secret said they no longer sell Nexxus products because they can't guarantee they are professional products anymore. I was like "HUH". Now when I go to the Professional Beauty Supply store to buy my products, they sell Kenra and Bioloage, the same products they sell in Trade Secret. I don't get it. What I was thinking is that they wanted to put Nexxus out for retail sale so they can make more money. I could get Nexxus products at the wholesale price, now I have to pay full price. I paid $18.99 for Nexxus Keraphix and I about passed out:eek:

I'm so glad so many peeps were and still are satisfied with this tip! :) About Emergencee's status as a manufactured product, well I don't know bout that one, but we can stock up and call Nexxus like Allandra did with Sabastian.;)

I've learned *SO* much from this board. So, I am bumping this for any other newbies like me who are still learning. This is a GREAT TIP!

Just so the newbies know, the instructions don't requie a plastic cap anymore now, just 1-2 mins in the shower. Sooo, I guess the OP was ahead of the game - no cap & [shower] heat. :yep:

Just so the newbies know, the instructions don't requie a plastic cap anymore now, just 1-2 mins in the shower. Sooo, I guess the OP was ahead of the game - no cap & [shower] heat. :yep:

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Have they changed their formula? Because 1-2 min. sounds like an awfully SHORT period of time. :( I remember when they used to recommend that you leave emergencee in your hair for about 10 minutes. Or am I imagining things? :confused:

I am doing an emergencee treatment tonight on my hair in order to prep for my relaxer touchup next week, and I think I'm going to ignore the directions and sit under the dryer for 10 minutes w/out a cap on, and see what happens.

Besides...I think that sometimes those directions just want you to use the least amount of product possible, so that you'll use it more often. They don't REALLY want you to get the maximum benefits from the product because then you probably won't need it as often, and therefore you won't buy it as often. :rolleyes: *sigh*

Back