A betta way to use Emergencee

Salaam,

Thanks for the tip, the Emergencee did just as I hoped for no breakage or sheading. I think I going to follow up at lease once a month to maintain the balance...

Can u do this with a regular hand drier like u can with Aphogee? I want to just put it in my hair and blowdry until it gets hard like I do with the Aphogee treatments b/c I dont have a hood dryer

It sounds like u can. Makes sense to me. No plastic is no plastic and either way u are still applying heat with no barrier. I am ready to wash my hair now and since no one has responded I guess I will try it and let u all know how it comes out.

I think it should work, I guess you'll be the first to try it out and let us know how it goes..
Lovelylocs said:
It sounds like u can. Makes sense to me. No plastic is no plastic and either way u are still applying heat with no barrier. I am ready to wash my hair now and since no one has responded I guess I will try it and let u all know how it comes out.

Salaam,

I've been looking for this thread for the past day and a half I forgot to use it w/o a plastic cap. But anyway I mixed the Emergancee with my Aphogee and I can't wait to see the results. I figured way waste it but it to use.

I tried it today because I have been getting more breakage than normal. I parted my hair into four and applied emergencee to each section and went under the dryer for 20 minutes w/o a cap. It did get very hard but easy to wash out. Unfortuntate, I still had some breakage afterwards :( I opted to just trim my ends :(

Salaam,

Well I finished my hair around 1a.m. I found out mixing the 2 products worked better than doing 1 or the other. The only down side is I don't have a sit under dryer so I had to let it air dry. Any way so far so good no breakage. Like I said earlier I'm going to keep this up once a month.

I tried this with the last bit of emergencee I had left and noticed a huge reduction in breakage. Which is great because I was trying to decide when to chop 1-2 inches off. Now I will insha'allah be able to get away with .5-1inch or even no trim at all.

If I can find some more emergencee. Did Walmart buy the rights to all of nexxus or just the poos and conditioners?

Yeah Umsummayah!!!:grin: :grin:

Glad it stopped that breakage.

You can get Emergencee wherever Nexxus is sold--Trade Secret, Rite Aid, and various BSS. It's pricey, though.

I am trying this method as we speak. I'm under the dryer now. Has anyone tried this with the Elasta BCS? It's cheaper than the Nexxus but I find it worked the same with the cap.

baglady215 said:
I am trying this method as we speak. I'm under the dryer now. Has anyone tried this with the Elasta BCS? It's cheaper than the Nexxus but I find it worked the same with the cap.

Emergencee is better IMO. I used the Breakage Control Serum once and I did not find it as good.

Giant grocery stores are now carrying it and they have the Emergencee.

UmSumayyah said:
I tried this with the last bit of emergencee I had left and noticed a huge reduction in breakage. Which is great because I was trying to decide when to chop 1-2 inches off. Now I will insha'allah be able to get away with .5-1inch or even no trim at all.

If I can find some more emergencee. Did Walmart buy the rights to all of nexxus or just the poos and conditioners?

dlewis said:
I purchased this yesturday and hope it's what you all say it is.

$17.89 for 3.3 oz.

That is some expensive stuff. I bought the big bottle from Ebay, but I hope it last a VERY long time.

Thanks for the tip! I bought some Emergencee last month, used as directed, but I still have breakage. :perplexed

I'll use it your way tonight. Can't hurt to try!!

**crossing fingers, toes and eyes**

~by the way, this my first post. Lurker no more! yay!!~ :)

Thanks Melodee, after reading this entire thread I can hardly wait to try it!! I want to do it tonight (but still waiting till tomorrow). Now I'm thinking that I might need to stock up too cause I already love nexxus, I don't know why it took me so long to try this one. I'll post my results tomorrow evening :grin:

melodee-
i have tried emergencee for the first time and let me tell you....i cannot live without it!!!all hail emergencee:notworthy it stopped my shedding and got my hair feels soooo much stronger!!i think i can now wash my hair once a week instead of bi weekly:)

thanx melodee:kiss:

I already have this product so I'm going to try this my next wash. I also want to try this with my Elasta QP BCS.

Ok, I just got done with my emergencee! So I cheated a little bit because I don't have a hooded dryer so I used my hand dryer and got it somewhat hard, but I was to lazy to let it get completely hard. I let it stay on for about 45 mins, then used my J/A/S/O/N sea kelp con. My hair feels really strong I don't see any breakage:up: I am gonna do this again in about 2 weeks and make sure it is dry/hard all the way. This is definitely a KEEPER for me. Thanks Melodee :grin:

Oh, BTW, I love the fact that it is not runny and staank!

I tried this last night and this is defintely a keeper. In the past I wasn't impressed with Emergencee. After trying this method I only lost two strands of hair and my hair is completely natural.

Love the new emergencee method!

But I have a question...the directions say to wash your hair AGAIN after the treatment...I didn't, just went ahead and used a moisturizing conditioner.
How many of you wash your hair afterwards, and does it really make a difference?
Thanks! :)

WomanlyCharm said:
Love the new emergencee method!

But I have a question...the directions say to wash your hair AGAIN after the treatment...I didn't, just went ahead and used a moisturizing conditioner.
How many of you wash your hair afterwards, and does it really make a difference?
Thanks! :)

I didn't wash my hair afterwards, either. I just moisturized also.

joyous said:
I didn't wash my hair afterwards, either. I just moisturized also.

same here. I used my Kenra Clarifying 1st then aftre rinsing the Emergencee I went on to preconditioning and deep conditioning as I do normally.

apples said:
Thanks for the tip! I bought some Emergencee last month, used as directed, but I still have breakage. :perplexed

I'll use it your way tonight. Can't hurt to try!!

**crossing fingers, toes and eyes**

~by the way, this my first post. Lurker no more! yay!!~ :)
apples did you try it the other way and did it help?

OMG :bouncy: :bouncy:

I searched for a thread about Emergencee and how to use it, and read all of the posts. I CW my hair with Suave Coconut, honey and olive oil mixed in; then put the emergencee and used my hand held blowdryer for 20 minutes and rinsed it out; then mixing my lil bit of Kenra MC and NTM Hair Mask overnight. I went to the Dominicans and got my set done...and my hair is silky smooth with minimal breakage!!! Thanks ladies for your experiences!

I plan to use emergencee once a month after I clarify with Kenra Clarifying Shampoo.

Last edited:
Back