A bad single day....

blissy

To All My Single LHCFers,

Have you ever had a bad single day? A day when you can't shake the loneliness bug. A day when you long for a hand to hold. A day when you yearn for the feel of a man's fingertips in the small of your back. A day when a kiss, a hug or a brush of a thigh is all you want.

A beautiful summer day and I spent it solo! What and when did this happen. I mean c'mon. I used to meet fine ambitious men to date or worst case, have a dinner companion and now NADA. Granted, the stakes are higher and as a good friend has said to me... you've manage to educate yourself out of the pool of "regular" brothas (whatever that means). What am I to do now?

I'm considering these online sites. I mean really considering them. I've even started to rationalize that my past relationship really wasn't that bad. (we all know nothing but trouble can come from such a stupid statement)

Usually the loneliness bug doesn't bite this hard. And, I am usually able to refocus on work or a dream or a goal. Today my girls, it has been HARD. Tell me what to y'all do when the loneliness hurts so damn bad.

please help
blissy

ALL YOU CAN DO IS PRAY THAT GOD SEND YOU SOMEONE.BUT WHAT EVERY YOU DO DONT GO BACKWARD. THERE IS A REASON YOU LEFT YOUR EX I FEEL THAT WAY SOMETIMES. BUT I TRY TO KEEP MY MIND ON OTHER THINGS. LIKE GETTING MY HEART READY AND MIND AND SOUL.SO A GOOD MAN CAN COME IN TO MY LIFE. GOD KNOWS YOUR HEART HE WILL SEND YOU SOMEONE.THERE IS GOOD MAN OUT THERE LOOKING FOR A GOOD WOMAN TOO.YOU ALL JUST HAVE NOT MET YET:yep:

Yes I have a bad day and I usually cry. This is one of my bad days. Obviously.:sad:

Last edited:
Being single sucks! And everyone look like their a couple. I hate couples. ^^^^i gotta agree with yall. And if someone tries to hook me up with one of their broke boyfriends homeboys who got six kids i'm shoot someone:wallbash::wallbash:. Ohh i'm ready to settle down.

Yes today was like that for me! It's amazing...it's like you typed everything I was thinking down to the old "maybe there coulda been somethin with my ex". I just cry. I wish I had some better advice for you but I just wanted to chime in and let you know that you ain't alone. :)

K., girl keep your head up. I can only imagine how hard it is for you, the ex, the wedding and common friends... All I can say is don't do what I did. In my custody battle, I handed over our friends in common. Don't do it. Fight. I gave up that battle way too easily. The worst thing is... as with each of my longterm relationships... my boyfriend becomes my bestfriend. When it ends, I'm alone.

Today's loneliness stemed from of course my current "single" situation and my lack of prospects. Where are they? To quote the Sex In the City ladies... "I'm tired already. Where is he?"

Ladies, do you have crushes?

Thank you ladies for responding. It feels like a warm cyber hug. :)

I understand totally..... things have been rough for me realtionship wise too. Sometimes I feel like I would be better off single..... I am getting really tired of trying.

OP- I too believe that I have educated my self out of a pool of black men, which makes my chances even lower of finding a husband.

Last night was a bad night. I hate thunderstorms and during thunderstorms is when I miss having a mate.

I am dating someone new but we are not on the intimate level so it is not like I could have called him to come over and keep me safe from the thunder and the lightening. :)

I have those days at least twice a week. I've avoided the dating game because me ego is just too fragile. There is a guy I have been wanting to get with but he just doesn't see me that way. He's all into someone else.

It is tough and it only gets tougher as all of my friends are married up or partnered up and I am the ONLY one without so much as a prospect.

Good wine and nice juicy steak have been my best companions thus far.

Lawd, that was me this weekend. I felt so lonely I didn't know what to do with myself. It's usually not that bad, but I don't know, this weekend it was UNBEARABLE!!! I really wanted some attention/affection and had no one to call. :ohwell:

I have those days at least twice a week. I've avoided the dating game because me ego is just too fragile. There is a guy I have been wanting to get with but he just doesn't see me that way. He's all into someone else.

It is tough and it only gets tougher as all of my friends are married up or partnered up and I am the ONLY one without so much as a prospect.

Good wine and nice juicy steak have been my best companions thus far.

I have a guy I like too, who doesn't appear to really be into me, though I did spend some time with him on Friday. I think that's what triggered me feeling so lonely the rest of the weekend.

I'm getting tired of spending time with my GIRL friends - it is almost a given that for any social event or plan most of us will be dateless!

Where are all the single guys?:sad:

I date but getting to the point of bringing them around my family or friends is just not happening.

Usually happens as part of my pre menstrual cycle emotional upheaval. It's another sign that Rage Week cometh. Normally I can deal but when my emotions get outta whack I can't control the tears and the woe is me and the feeling lonely.

(((Blissy))) Yeah, I get that way from time to time. Usually it will hit me at night. But then the next day I can wake up and feel unexplainably happy and optimistic. Being single feels like this long rollercoster ride with lots of thrills and ecstasy at one moment, and low valleys the next moment.

ALL YOU CAN DO IS PRAY THAT GOD SEND YOU SOMEONE.BUT WHAT EVERY YOU DO DONT GO BACKWARD. THERE IS A REASON YOU LEFT YOUR EX I FEEL THAT WAY SOMETIMES. BUT I TRY TO KEEP MY MIND ON OTHER THINGS. LIKE GETTING MY HEART READY AND MIND AND SOUL.SO A GOOD MAN CAN COME IN TO MY LIFE. GOD KNOWS YOUR HEART HE WILL SEND YOU SOMEONE.THERE IS GOOD MAN OUT THERE LOOKING FOR A GOOD WOMAN TOO.YOU ALL JUST HAVE NOT MET YET:yep:

Yeah, loneliness is a mfer.:ohwell: I usually feel it on weekends. One time I was out and saw my ex at a party..feeling lonely and vunerable and he picked up on it..sure enough I went home w/ him that night. I still regret it :sad:. Anyway, that was about 2 months ago. I stopped going to places where i know he would be. It's helped but he then called of course and my feelings starting going again. There's no one else in my life so it's hard but let me tell you..I'll NEVER go back to him again.
To cope w/ the loneliness I've been praying and yes..it's getting better little by little. The hardest part is during the weekends.

Unfortunately I know this feeling all too well.
I was in the house ALL weekend long. Granted it was hot as I don't know what, but it would have been nice to have had some "company" here with me. I'm not the type to go looking for someone because I think when it happens it will happen.

But it sure would be nice to have some company sometimes.

I'm a part time single girl so just about everyday I'm having one of these days. It sucks to not have a "always there" buddy. And I've gotten to the point where I'm not too found of couples either, I feel like such a hater sometimes :ohwell:

Y'all are the greatest for responding. Not that misery loves company, but it is reassuring that I'm not the only woman who feels lonely and misses romantic male company. I've been scanning a few other sites, and the paucity of educated ambitious positive black men is a HUGE problem. Growing up, I never thought that I would be in this situation... thirty something, super duper single, and staring at the biological clock. It is like the twilight zone...

Thankfully the worst of lonliness has past for now... thanks for being my ear or eyes?... To quote Bob Marley... "don't worry about a thing, 'cause ever little thing is gonna be alright."

I feel like this many many days. I have dealt with loneliness my whole life. I just wish i had more relationships in general they don't even have to be romantic.

Usually happens as part of my pre menstrual cycle emotional upheaval. It's another sign that Rage Week cometh. Normally I can deal but when my emotions get outta whack I can't control the tears and the woe is me and the feeling lonely.

Yep this happens to be too. The minute I start feeling down and lonely, low and help it's that time of the month

it's that summertime loneliness. I'm feeling it, especially since I always fall for somebody in the summer. My friends keep asking me where is my summer romance? (shoot, I don't know, but when you find him would you send him my way?:look:) I'm trying to resist making a phone that I'll regret, but it's hard. I need a b.u.d.d.y., :grin:

I feel like this many many days. I have dealt with loneliness my whole life. I just wish i had more relationships in general they don't even have to be romantic.

This is where I'm at right now! I'm content being single but most of my friends are married now. I'm down to only 2 single friends left to hang out with and one just moved out of state for a job and the other one is planning to move in October so....yeah, starting to get a bit more socially deprived.

Back