9+ MONTHS POST RELAXER: FLAT IRONED TODAY WITH PICTURES!

You did a great job! Your hair looks beautiful. Wow, you going to have the pleasure of both worlds once your transition is complete.

Very very inspiring results for me a fellow transitioner. I know it's about time to look into getting a good flat iron. Did you mention somewhere in here what kind of blow dryer you used b/c even your blowdried results look extra sleek.

WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL HAIR! I absolutely MUST try using pincurls. It turned out great. I was going to ask if you were natural for a minute. I can't believe you were able to straighten it to the point where it looks like you relaxed it.

Oh yeah...your natural texture/ng is beautiful!

Very very inspiring results for me a fellow transitioner. I know it's about time to look into getting a good flat iron. Did you mention somewhere in here what kind of blow dryer you used b/c even your blowdried results look extra sleek.

Congratulations on your transition and good luck :yep: My blow dryer used to be a pretty nice one, although I forgot the brand, but I dropped it and it shattered and so now I use a cheapie Revlon one. I'm in the market for a better blow dryer that's ionic but I believe that aside from that it's mostly about technique of blow drying.

Mine is similar to this one:

418W6D55AFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL HAIR! I absolutely MUST try using pincurls. It turned out great. I was going to ask if you were natural for a minute. I can't believe you were able to straighten it to the point where it looks like you relaxed it.

Oh yeah...your natural texture/ng is beautiful!

Thanks lady!! Almost fully natural, I wish I was already though!! :drunk:

Pincurls are by far my most used style. I NEVER EVER EVER wrap my hair anymore, and I used to be a faithful hair wrapper.

You're hair is beautiful! Isn't the Sedu flatiron the best!?

The Sedu is THE BEST!!! :yep:

Your hair is beautiful!! Especially your new growth!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish mines looked like that!!! WOW
EDIT: Tutorial is here. How I flat iron my hair

So I did my hair today FINALLY after about 3+ weeks of being straight LAZY. :lol: I clarified with CON since I had used cones during my last flat iron, and then I did a protein treatment with Emergencee and Sebastian.

2ezqqv9.jpg

2nak11l.jpg

Then I went ahead and used a mix of some condishes that I have since they were running close to empty. Was going to attempt to flexirod, but my rollers are waaaaaaay too big, so instead I went back to my trusty blow dry and flat iron. Only this time, I used shea butter (along with my usual post-wash products) prior to flat ironing instead of Sabino, and my god was it lovely! Made flat ironing VERY easy despite me being so lazy on the blow drying portion of styling.

ohjnzt.jpg

1zps41v.jpg

I absolutely love love LOVE my Sedu. My hair isn't very dense in terms of hair typing, but I still love how sleek it makes the hair. In this pic, the left side of my hair is done and the right is just blow dried.

sxd95i.jpg

24y0dgg.jpg

Finished hair:
2v957aw.jpg

2rh5kir.jpg

Ended my flat iron with my usual pin curls.
vpalxv.jpg

ETA: My results post-pin curling as requested by you guys!
2dkkfh3.jpg

29lgqx0.jpg

wbb3eq.jpg

This is beautiful.... :drool:

I might try the shea butter on wet hair tomorrow before blowdrying, just to see what results I get as far as shine, etc.

can you say 'salon quality results'? you did a really good job. my hair would never came out that good. i have a sedu too but im trying to avoid heat and i think my step-daughter confiscated it - lol. looks beautiful....

Back