7 Days, 7 Do's Challenge

TrendySocialite

I hear many of us talking about our need for creativity and versatility when it comes to our hair, even while trying to grow it and maintain its health.

I know there are weeks when I struggle with finding styles to wear, especially as I get further and further post relaxer. So I thought for the new year we could help and encourage each other with different styles that we come up with. Here are the details

Purpose
  • To come up with different styles that fit in the guidelines of an individual's challenges or regimen.
  • Think of creative ways to stretch existing hairstyles (rollersetting, braids, etc.)
  • Use some the hair pieces and hairstyles in your arsenal
Guidelines
  • Wear a different hairstyle (or version) every day for 7 days. If 7 days is too daunting, go for 5 (but I think after 5, you will be able to come up with 2 more days). :yep:
  • Follow your normal regimen, no need to totally restyle hair every day (i.e., washing, co-washing, resetting, etc.).
  • Take pictures of your style and post at the end of your 5 or 7 days.
  • Nothing is really off limits (unless it's not a healthy hair practice). Phony ponies, Wigs, Half Wigs, Rollersets, Hair pieces, etc. are all in order!
There is no time frame on this challenge. Whenever you come across this post, your 5 or 7 days can begin then.

It's my hope that it will spark your creativity and help make the hair growing process more bearable for some of us.

This challenge is for all hair lengths and textures.

I will post some ideas to help you get started. I hope some of you will consider taking part in this challenge...

Happy Styling!

If you rollerset or are in a rollerset challenge...

here are some hairstyles you could do with your rollerset

p1060631zx7.jpg

april1208avatarzc7.jpg

bobbi-boss-ponytail-mdl-2.gif

2008-half-updo.jpg

050227garcellebeauvaisnlw1.jpg

1550576715505769largevg5.jpg

drewb.jpg

If you bun (whether with your own hair or phony buns)....

I HIGHLY recommend checking out DLewis' blog for bunning ideas. Adding hair candy is definitely acceptable as a different hairstyle. You can also change the side, and height of bun for a different do.

Here are some suggestions...

picture0071hn9.jpg

p1060732sp3.jpg

p1060661my8.jpg

evapigfordfi8.jpg

updo05010702ui7.jpg

sccurls100zl4.gif

beyoncepromhi3.jpg

That's my dream hair! How'd you do that? It's so pretty!

Awwww thanks!

It's pretty simple. I rollerset using the mohawk method. I roll the center going back and the sides going down.

When I style, I mostly fingerstyle by running my fingers through it and blending the roots together. Then I go in and twist individual curls for definition.

I did a youtube tutorial, I will need to finish it and upload it.

Nope, no specific dates...whenever you want to start is cool! The key is to post pics of your week's worth of do's when you finish.

Okay, then I am going to count the hair style I was wearing when I found this post as Day 1. That means I am on Day 3. I will wash my hair today (I wash once a week). But I am not going to comb this week. I'm trying to find a way to only detangle every other wash anyway. So my contribution to this challenge is how to get many hair styles without having to comb since I've seen people ask how people manage to go days without combing. I'll be back in a few days to post the results.

Okay, then I am going to count the hair style I was wearing when I found this post as Day 1. That means I am on Day 3. I will wash my hair today (I wash once a week). But I am not going to comb this week. I'm trying to find a way to only detangle every other wash anyway. So my contribution to this challenge is how to get many hair styles without having to comb since I've seen people ask how people manage to go days without combing. I'll be back in a few days to post the results.

Great! I can't wait to see your results!

Back