6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

Used my shikakai bar for the first time on Saturday. My hair was squeaky clean and kind of soft so that's encouraging. I'm new to all this so I'm taking it really slow. I found out the oils I bought have mineral oil in them so I'm not sure if I want to keep using them or not. I've already got a lot of problems retaining moisture so I'm not sure if I want to battle with that just for the sake of not wasting the bottles. During my reading this weekend, I found out you're not supposed to rinse out the oil you pre-poo with before you use the bar so I'll be trying that today. I will do a hot oil treatment w/Hairveda Cocasta oil for 30 mins b/f I use the bar and see how my hair comes out this time. I hope it goes well!

Is anyone DC'ing on dry hair bf using their shikakai bar? I'm guessing that would defeat the purpose of oiling your scalp beforehand? If anyone could help, I wanted to try to DC on dry hair to see if that would help condition my hair better but I still want to use my bar.

I love Dc on dry hair, for me I have found that it gets to the roots/ends much better and one of my fav conditioners to use is Aubery Honeysuckle rose, or Aubrey white camellia. Talk about moisture,shine and the smell mmmmm love it.

Last edited:
Today I:

• Pre-pooed with Amla/Vatika Mix for 7 hours
  • Shampooed with Shikakai Bar
  • DC with KeraCare Humecto
  • Applied Leave-In, sealed with Vatika/Castor oil mix
  • Braided hair for braid out (Pics on blog)
I will oil my scalp with JBCO when dry.

Last edited:
I did my first tea Tuesday and love it. My hair was soft and easy to comb. I have 1 inch of ng and was quite pleased with how soft the ng was. I will be doing teas from now on.

Yesterday, I washed with shikakai and neem powder, then dc'd
Mixed henna powder with paprika and green tea, let it sit for 5 hours
Applied and left henna in overnight
3 rinses and co-washed
dc'd again with Lustrasilk mango+shea butter, leave-in and sealed with Vatika
wash-n-go style today

Hi to those who order from Ruchita Ayurveda, How long did it take for you to get your items, I order 15 days ago and I have not rec'd a shipping notice or anything, I emailed them twice to get the status of my order and I have heard nada back from them as of today. Odd part about it when I emailed them about there products I rec'd responses from them quick...

Hi to those who order from Ruchita Ayurveda, How long did it take for you to get your items, I order 15 days ago and I have not rec'd a shipping notice or anything, I emailed them twice to get the status of my order and I have heard nada back from them as of today. Odd part about it when I emailed them about there products I rec'd responses from them quick...

It's funny you should mention this, I (hesitantly) placed an order on 7/5. I still haven't received a shipping date. I Sent an Email today, I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Last edited:
I ordered about $40.00 worth, thank goodness I paid thru paypal. Did anyone else notice the discount code didn't work?

ETA: Oh yeah, this happened to me too. When I was enquiring about putting an order through to them, I got an immediate response but when I emailed them about why I haven't gotten a shipping notification, there was no response, so I thought "things that make ya go, Hmmm".

It's funny you should mention this, I (hesitantly) placed an order on 7/5. I still haven't received a shipping date. I Sent an Email today, I haven't gotten a reply yet.

It took me about 2 months to get my order from them myself. I don't think I will be ordering from them again. I'll stick with others like www.fromnaturewithlove.com, www.amazon.com, www.theindianfoodstore.com, and www.mehndiskinart.com. I never have any issues from these vendors.

Last edited:
Guys I recieved an e-mail saying that they are moving and so it is taking longer for them to get their orders out.

Regardless I will not going to be using them gain. I'm just going to stick with Mountain Rose Herbs, Mehandi, and From Nature With Love.

Guys I recieved an e-mail saying that they are moving and so it is taking longer for them to get their orders out.

Regardless I will not going to be using them gain. I'm just going to stick with Mountain Rose Herbs, Mehandi, and From Nature With Love.

I just got the same email.

I Henna'd on Thursday with Nupur. It's okay but I don't think I'll use it again without adding conditioner to the mix.

I ordered about $40.00 worth, thank goodness I paid thru paypal. Did anyone else notice the discount code didn't work?

HUm did you use LHCF15, I notice when I did lower case it didnt take, but then when I did caps it did, also I rec'd an email as to why my order is delayed, wont be shipped out til after 25th; they are moving to a new location but I dont like the fact that when I told them I would be ordering how come then they did not let me know they would be moving... oh well this was my first time ordering from them might be my last...:( I did like the fact that they offered us a discount and the prices where reasonable.

ETA: Oh yeah, this happened to me too. When I was enquiring about putting an order through to them, I got an immediate response but when I emailed them about why I haven't gotten a shipping notification, there was no response, so I thought "things that make ya go, Hmmm".

It took me about 2 months to get my order from them myself. I don't think I will be ordering from them again. I'll stick with others like www.fromnaturewithlove.com, www.amazon.com, www.theindianfoodstore.com, and www.mehndiskinart.com. I never have any issues from these vendors.

Aggie, how does ordering from amazon work? thanks

Henna'd today with Karishma. I am loving the color this second time around. I will be applying henna every 3 weeks. During the week I oil my scalp and hair with coconut oil, vatika frosting, and my other oils (alternating). On weekends when I don't henna, I will use a combination of my other powders for a treatment.

Oops forgot to post what I did to my hair. I prepoo'd with Shescentit's Green Tea & Avocado Oil for 4 hours, then used heat cap for an hour, dc'd with steam with Sitrinillah for an hour. Kept sitrinillah in overnight, rinsed, did tea rinse with mix #3, used heat cap, rinsed, cowashed with Hairveda's Moist PRO, acv rinse, leave in, moisturized, and sealed. Pinned up to airdry.

I am sitting here right now dc'ing with an alma rinse. I just boiled some water and added a teaspoon and a half of Alma powder and some black castor oil. My kinky twists are baggied this now...When I rinse this out, I will DC with Herbal Essences LTR conditoner for long hair: Yup! :)

ETA: I rinsed and left some conditioner in my braids as a leave in..My hair feels so moist and yummy!

Last edited:
I pooed today with Njoi Creations herbal poo bar. Did Emergencee treatment followed by Shescentit Super Soft Honey Conditioning rinse. Did acv rinse, applied KBB Hair Milk as leave-in condish. Used Afroveda Shea Amla cream sealed with Priti Bohdi Rice Bran Hair Oil (also Afroveda), twisted hair with QB OHHB.

reshma henna + 1 egg today for 4 hours. Then dc with EQP Intense for 45 min with heat + 20 extra no heat. Hair felt AWESOME! I think henna and egg is my new BFF. Hair felt supa smuve. :)

reshma henna + 1 egg today for 4 hours. Then dc with EQP Intense for 45 min with heat + 20 extra no heat. Hair felt AWESOME! I think henna and egg is my new BFF. Hair felt supa smuve. :)
Are you using henna to get the color or just for the conditioning factor? Wondering because today was my first time DC-ing right after the henna, and I am just wondering if it affects the color.

Back