6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

I got my mountain ebony oil from herbalremedy.in, I'm so excited to use it!!! I'll definitely post an update if its worth the purchase.

I just mixed some henna and waiting only an hour for the color to release because I am using it mostly for conditioning, thickening and strength today more so than for color:yep:. I will do another treatment next Sunday as well I think:look:.

ETA: Also just scritched my scalp with some brahmi and coconut oils.

HUm did you use LHCF15, I notice when I did lower case it didnt take, but then when I did caps it did, also I rec'd an email as to why my order is delayed, wont be shipped out til after 25th; they are moving to a new location but I dont like the fact that when I told them I would be ordering how come then they did not let me know they would be moving... oh well this was my first time ordering from them might be my last...:( I did like the fact that they offered us a discount and the prices where reasonable.

Honestly, I prefer excellent customer service over low prices anyday. I know this way, I will not be dissapointed and the less I get angry, the better it is for my overall health. That's what really matters to me:yep:.

Aggie, how does ordering from amazon work? thanks

Sorry I took so long to respond Imoan. I was unable to check in as usual yesterday because I was so busy yesterday. Ordering from amazon is a piece of cake for me. As soon as you order, you get an email confiramtion of your oder and a time of when you can expect it. As a matter of fact, I have a sign-in account with them, so I can check how soon the companies will ship out my order and you can always upgrade shipping speed too, for an extra fee of course.

Thing is though, there are many merchants that sell their products through amazon, which IMO is almost like a broker, I guess and you will find if you order from differnet merchants on amazon, that your orders may not all arrive at the same time. HTH

reshma henna + 1 egg today for 4 hours. Then dc with EQP Intense for 45 min with heat + 20 extra no heat. Hair felt AWESOME! I think henna and egg is my new BFF. Hair felt supa smuve. :)

Thanks for this idea Hericane. When my henna releases, I will be adding an egg and oils to it just before applying it to my hair. I don't know what I will be using to DC with yet though.

Sorry I took so long to respond Imoan. I was unable to check in as usual yesterday because I was so busy yesterday. Ordering from amazon is a piece of cake for me. As soon as you order, you get an email confiramtion of your oder and a time of when you can expect it. As a matter of fact, I have a sign-in account with them, so I can check how soon the companies will ship out my order and you can always upgrade shipping speed too, for an extra fee of course.

Thing is though, there are many merchants that sell their products through amazon, which IMO is almost like a broker, I guess and you will find if you order from differnet merchants on amazon, that your orders may not all arrive at the same time. HTH
I'll have to co-sign with Aggie Amazon is great. I used to just buy books and then I started ordering most of my hair products with them. They track you orders and do feedbacks with the companies if there is problems.

I'll have to co-sign with Aggie Amazon is great. I used to just buy books and then I started ordering most of my hair products with them. They track you orders and do feedbacks with the companies if there is problems.

Co-signing as well. Amazon is great for getting hair products. Do check the shipping costs though, they can get out of control.

Co-signing as well. Amazon is great for getting hair products. Do check the shipping costs though, they can get out of control.[/quote

Yeah I think this is the reason I didn't order from them. I filled my cart but when I looked at the shipping.:nono: However I do agree with Aggie, good customer service does prevail over price. I have ordered other things from them in the past with no problems.

I henna'ed my hair today for conditioning and strengthening only - not for color. I cowashed it out with David Babaii Amplifying Conditioner and v05 Sun Kissed Rasberry Conditioner. I followed it up with a 5 minute protein treatment of an egg, evoo, MT, CON Reconstructor and honey. I am now DCing with Jason Naturals Biotin Conditioner and Joico Color Endure Conditioner and some hot evoo. I think I am going to leave it in overnight and wash it out in the morning.

Yesterday I:
*DC with Vitale Hair Monayisse on Dry Hair
*Washed that out with a Fenugreek, Hibiscus and Brahmi Tea Rinse
*Followed that with an Aussie Moist co-wash
*Added leave-in, wrap lotion and wet wrapped my hair

Today my hair is quite straight, soft and moisturized.

A couple of days ago I baggied overnight with my Ayurvedic conditioner. Last night I parted my hair and moisturized w/ coconut butter (did another overnight baggie with this). I plan to wash later this morning and maybe follow up with a bit of a protein condish/treatment.

I'm loving this!

Thanks for this idea Hericane. When my henna releases, I will be adding an egg and oils to it just before applying it to my hair. I don't know what I will be using to DC with yet though.

So, how'd it turn out Aggie? Hope you had great results too!

Ok . . . back from vacation. I ended up skimping some while away but still used my amla and shikakai mixtures while cowashing with AM. Saturday I used my amla/kalpi tone mix with brahmi and henna mixed with AO HR. Left it on overnight. Protein with Hariveda and then co-washed with AM. LTR leave-in with CO seal.

Thanks for saying that. I know it isn't but for some reason I feel a little guilty. I'm weird sometimes :spinning:.

I'm feeling guilty myself. I was pushing them as well. My problem is that they are the only ones I have sees so far who have kalpi tone so I guess I am stuck with them. :ohwell:

I'm feeling guilty myself. I was pushing them as well. My problem is that they are the only ones I have sees so far who have kalpi tone so I guess I am stuck with them. :ohwell:

I got my kalpi tone from theindianfoodstore.com, and got my order in under a week.

Honestly, I prefer excellent customer service over low prices anyday. I know this way, I will not be dissapointed and the less I get angry, the better it is for my overall health. That's what really matters to me:yep:.

You are so right, Thanks

HUm did you use LHCF15, I notice when I did lower case it didnt take, but then when I did caps it did, also I rec'd an email as to why my order is delayed, wont be shipped out til after 25th; they are moving to a new location but I dont like the fact that when I told them I would be ordering how come then they did not let me know they would be moving... oh well this was my first time ordering from them might be my last...:( I did like the fact that they offered us a discount and the prices where reasonable.

I tried it both ways and it didn't work for me. ITA to the bolded.

Aspire;8332296[B said:
]I'm feeling guilty myself[/B]. I was pushing them as well. My problem is that they are the only ones I have sees so far who have kalpi tone so I guess I am stuck with them. :ohwell:

Don't feel guilty, you can't control how someone runs their business.

On Thursday I henna'd and then did an indigo treatment. Yesterday I got home really late so I just quickly DC'd with stritinillah and some hibiscus and alma powder.

I really need to get into scritching! I am going to search on how to do that.

So, how'd it turn out Aggie? Hope you had great results too!

My hair felt really strong, but truth be told, my hair hates it. It is wayyy too hard for my liking and it's breaking too. So what I did was DC my hair again this morning and I'll leave it in for a while to get the softness back. I'm glad it turned out well for you but though.

I henna'ed my hair today for conditioning and strengthening only - not for color. I cowashed it out with David Babaii Amplifying Conditioner and v05 Sun Kissed Rasberry Conditioner. I followed it up with a 5 minute protein treatment of an egg, evoo, MT, CON Reconstructor and honey. I am now DCing with Jason Naturals Biotin Conditioner and Joico Color Endure Conditioner and some hot evoo. I think I am going to leave it in overnight and wash it out in the morning.

I won't be doing this again. It made my hair wayyy too hard and I didn't even leave it in long, so what I intend to do is a separate day's treatment with it minus the egg white. I will only be using the yolk from here on out. I may even add a teaspoon of mayo, aloe vera, honey and evoo to it for a deep treatment. I really wanted to like the whole egg too...:sad:.

I did a Cassia Obovata with Brahmi on Saturday, after doing a Uttam Shikakkai shampoo and then using my shampoo bar (need another one soon) then I did a DC with AOHSR, mixed with Aveda Conditioner and a little EVOO....chile, let me tell you...my hair is beautiful. I love it sooooo much.

I'M ONLY DOING AYURVEDA FROM NOW ON, NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE TELL ME THAT CERTAIN PRODUCTS ARE THIS OR THAT!

I had to yell that out to myself:lachen: as a reminder....don't stray this time!

BTW: I only did this after massaging Vatika Oil on my scalp and hair all week....my hair is happy!

Ladies, I am trying to make some oil with my amla powder.
I put some coconut oil and amla powder in my crock pot on low heat for the last 3 hours. It smells burnt and looks burnt. Can someone please help me.

I put some coconut oil and amla powder in my crock pot on low heat for the last 3 hours. It smells burnt and looks burnt. Can someone please help me.

When I make oils like this I use the warm setting, not low for 4 hrs. The herbs still darken some, or at least look like it but it isn't burnt. If it is really burnt I would discard and make another batch. HTH

I usually make mine in a small pot that doesn't have settings. It's usually has a kinda burnt herb/coconut smell. The Amla turns dark in the oil. Whenever I make oils at home they usually don't smell to nice. Just make sure your heat isn't up to high.

Back