6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

I'm still spritizing my hair daily with my tea, moisturizing, and sealing. I plan on doing my whole regimen on Sunday.

Well I am finally going to stop being hair lazy. Water has not hit my head since I relaxed last week. I will make my teas tomorrow. I will start with a full routine on Monday.

Prepooed overnight with Vatika oil. Washed this morning with Millcreek Henna shampoo (first time using, hair felt initially dry while washing, but felt soft and strong once I rinsed), currently DC'ing with Aubrey Organics Island Naturals mixed with Dabur Amla Gold and Bhringaraj oils. Will follow with acv rinse, put on some leave-in conditioner and seal, and do my weekly twists.

Finally, this morning I cowashed my braids first with Suave Humectant conditioner, then I DCed with a mixture of UBH Moisturizing Conditioner, Kenra MC, and Goddess Hair Growth Conditioner and I even threw in a little bit of Porosity Control conditioner just for the heck of it. For my leave in - I used WEN tea tree cleansing conditioner. I just love a tingly scalp.

I made another ayurveda tea rinse today minus the fenugreek powder this time. I don't feel like smelling like curried chicken at work this week:grin:. I will be using it as of tomorrow.

ETA: My new tea rinse consists of
1.5 Tbs of henna powder
1 tspn of shikakai powder
1.5 Tbs of amla powder
1 Tbs of kalpi tone
1 tspn of ginger root powder for fragrance
2oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
16oz very hot distilled water
A few drops of peppermint essential oil also for fragrance.

I made just enough rinse to use for one week only. I really soak my extension braids to get to my own hair in between and because it is so hot here, it evaporates pretty quickly. So I make sure it is pretty wet. I think I'm enjoying looking forward to making it every weekend too:yep:.

Last edited:
applied Vatika last night.

Did henna today then now dcing with no heat. a mixture of deep cond with a tea spoon of amla and brahmi

I pre-pooed with Vatika Coconut Oil and Amla Oil
Washed with Shikakai Poo Bar
Tea Rinsed
Have henna on now
tomorrow, I will rinse, dc and oil again
I'll post pictures of the henna results; I can't wait!:yep:

I wash my hair Tues/thurs/Sun routine is preoil amla/shikikai oil, pre poo amla,shikaki,hib,meth,maka,brahmi with vo5/tea rinse nettle, leave in cantu, seal with shea oil mx/seal vatika.

Henna&Indigoed and WOW my hair is uber thick! It's so weird how henna can just thicken hair like that!

Finally, this morning I cowashed my braids first with Suave Humectant conditioner, then I DCed with a mixture of UBH Moisturizing Conditioner, Kenra MC, and Goddess Hair Growth Conditioner and I even threw in a little bit of Porosity Control conditioner just for the heck of it. For my leave in - I used WEN tea tree cleansing conditioner. I just love a tingly scalp.

I made another ayurveda tea rinse today minus the fenugreek powder this time. I don't feel like smelling like curried chicken at work this week:grin:. I will be using it as of tomorrow.

ETA: My new tea rinse consists of
1.5 Tbs of henna powder
1 tspn of shikakai powder
1.5 Tbs of amla powder
1 Tbs of kalpi tone
1 tspn of ginger root powder for fragrance
2oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
16oz very hot distilled water
A few drops of peppermint essential oil also for fragrance.

I made just enough rinse to use for one week only. I really soak my extension braids to get to my own hair in between and because it is so hot here, it evaporates pretty quickly. So I make sure it is pretty wet. I think I'm enjoying looking forward to making it every weekend too:yep:.

I love love love this new mixture except I had to add more water to it. It was wayyy too thick and I had to stretch it because of the evoo - was having trouble getting it through the sprayer on my spray bottle. I should only have used 1oz instead of 2. I like how the peppermint eo has my hair smelling like peppermint candy and it leaves a nice sweet tingle too:lick:. I will be using this mix again. I think I'll save the fenugreek rinse as a base for my henna mixes and ayurveda cowashes only:yep:.

Okay finally making my teas. Right now two are made and sitting on the window sill. I had to put some more water in the kettle for the final jar.

So here is what is in each jar:

Mix #1 --6 teabags with amla, hibiscus, bhringraj, brahmi, 24 oz of water, saa, amla oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #2--6 teabags with kalpi tone & fenugreek, 24 oz of water, wheat protein, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #3--6 teabags with neem, shikakai, and amla, 24 oz of water, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil.

I will use mix #1 tomorrow.

I did my entire regimen early this morning.
-applied vatika to hair/scalp and scritched
-applied mix of: amla, shikakai, hibiscus, maka, fenugreek, brahmi, nettle and horsetail tea. left on for 30 mins with plastic cap
-rinsed, co-washed, DC'd, used FSP after DC, rinsed, applied leave ins and sealed.

My hair felt great. It felts soft but strong. My NG is crazy thick. I am almost 14 weeks post but it is still very manageable. I definitely believe it helps with my NG. :)

Today I went to my fav indian store in NYC and they were out of Kalpi tone ugggg I know it was one of you who took it :laugh:
I think I jut may get some in bulk anyway because I love that powder so much!

I have some stritinillah mixed with amla, coconut oil, and hibiscus on my head right now. The oils and power give the conditioner a better consistency

Okay finally making my teas. Right now two are made and sitting on the window sill. I had to put some more water in the kettle for the final jar.

So here is what is in each jar:

Mix #1 --6 teabags with amla, hibiscus, bhringraj, brahmi, 24 oz of water, saa, amla oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #2--6 teabags with kalpi tone & fenugreek, 24 oz of water, wheat protein, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil

Mix #3--6 teabags with neem, shikakai, and amla, 24 oz of water, shikakai oil, jojoba oil, and rosemary oil.

I will use mix #1 tomorrow.

Shay, you are becoming the ayurveda tea queen around here, how are you going to store them?

Yesterday I:
*Applied Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor to my dry hair
*Put a plastic cap on and sat under the dryer for 20 minutes
*I rinsed that out and applied a tea rinse (2 tsp. of Shikakai, Amla, and
Bhringraj powder mix steeped in water)
*I then applied Herbal essesnces long term relationship leave-in and sealed with
a mix of vatika and cold pressed castor oils

I then air dryed in braids for a braid out. Pics on my blog.

Yesterday I did a pretreat with my amla co-wash mix for 2 hours
Since I henna'ed las week, I did a 2 hour indigo treatment
Then dc'd with Lekair + ORS for 1 hour with my microcap (lazy, I know!) + 4.5 more hours
Sealed with AfroVeda Neem Silk Protein Cream and castor oil infused with hibiscus powder.

Checking in: Sprayed my hair with my ayurveda spritzer this morning before heading off to work.

Those of you that order from fromnaturewithlove.com. Have anyone tried their Henna? Is their other ayurveda powders of good quality?

I'm joining this challenge. I have been trying to use up alot of products that I have, and my hair hasn't been the same. I'm back on Ayureveda and I can tell the difference, immediately.

I will be using:

Powders: Shikakkai (sp) and Cassia Obovata
Oils: Vatika and Amla
Shampoo Bar: Rosemary from Mehandi.com

This stuff is the best for my hair, I am totally convinced now:yep:

2 direct heat passes.......uggghhhhhhhh!:lachen: chile, that's going to be rough....:lachen:

Last edited:
cowashed today and applying coconut oil

applying vatika tonight.

will henna tomorrow and DC with my deep con mixture (brahmi & amla)

Right now oiling my scalp and hair with coconut oil and EVOO. I will post my starting pic after Wed. I will be getting my touch up on that day.

Shay, you are becoming the ayurveda tea queen around here, how are you going to store them?
I'm storing them in the refridge. I should get 3 uses out of each jar because I use the 8 oz applicator bottles each time I rinse. The teas turned out really well. Nice and dark! Thanks for the input Aggie :yep:.

Tonight I prepoo'd with vatika frosting, then used heat cap, and followed with YTC mud mask with steam.Tea rinsed with mix #1, cowashed out with AOHSR, followed by an acv rinse. Leave in (Juices & Berries), moisturized (Hairveda's WBC), and sealed (Hairveda's Cocasta & Shikakai). Pulled it up and put a scarf on. Will airdry overnight.

Did my regi today, I actually scritched my scalp and pre pooed my hair this morning so by the time I got home from work it had time to marinate. Washed with Aritha bar, since I did some highlights I sat with a nexus emergency treatment for 35 minutes uncovered under the dryer until it got hard, then DC's with my conditioner mix for 1 hr. I'm about to do a nettle tea rinse with cold tea to help seal the cuticles, and roller set.

Last edited:
Count me in. I'm about to do my second BC in two days and want to use ayurveda products only.

Last edited:
Amla co-wash yesterday as a 15-30 min pretreat on dry hair. Can't wait to use this mix up and make some more with less oil. My back feels like an oil slick. :)

Back