6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

My hair looks great. I did the rinse last night and let my twist air dry in braids. I got comments on how nice and soft my hair felt. One lady flat out and asked me if I was rocking a weave because it looked so full and bouncy. I think I maybe doing this for at least once a week.

Today I decided to use my Kalpi Tone as a tea, I mixed it with Shikakai, Amla and Hibiscus. I worked the tea through my strands then I rinsed really good. Now I'm dcing with Motions Cpr, ORS, V05 moisture milk in Strawberrys and cream, Brahmi, Bhringraj and Nettle. I'll air dry and seal with Afroveda Hibiscus oil and Shikakai growth oil.

Last edited:
Overnight pre-poo with Amla oil
I am brewing a tea with shikakai, neem, and aritha
in the morning, I'll add to V05 MM for a co-wash

Today I decided to use my Kalpi Tone as a tea, I mixed it with Shikakai, Amla and Hibiscus. I worked the tea through my strands then I rinsed really good. Now I'm dcing with Motions Cpr, ORS, V05 moisture milk in Strawberrys and cream, Bhrami, Bhringraj and Nettle. I'll air dry and seal with Afrroveda Hibiscus oil and Shikakai growth oil.

I have been thinking of doing this with the Kalpi Tone. Let me know how your hair turns out :yep:.

I have been thinking of doing this with the Kalpi Tone. Let me know how your hair turns out :yep:.

I just rinsed my cond. out, my hair feels suuuper soft and moist. I will use the Kalpi Tone and Hibiscus this way from now on.:yep: I will alternate this treatment with the Shikakai bar. I also forgot to add I prepooed with my homemade oil infused with Olive oil, Fenugreek and Bhringraj.

Ladies, I've been a little lazy :perplexed
But at least I had enough sense to throw my Vatika oil or my herb-infused coconut cream into my hair every day.

Summer just feels like murder on my hair if I don't moisturize.

Just checking in! Amla oil has been my best friend this week! :-)

I'm itching to do another henna. Speaking of which, I found an indian salon this past weekend. I got my eyebrows threaded and I'm seriously contemplating letting them do an indigo henna on me.

Has anyone had their hair henna'd professionally?

Ladies, I've been a little lazy :perplexed
But at least I had enough sense to throw my Vatika oil or my herb-infused coconut cream into my hair every day.

Summer just feels like murder on my hair if I don't moisturize.

That's what I do when I'm lazy, just make sure I at least keep up with the oils.:yep:

Just checking in! Amla oil has been my best friend this week! :-)

I'm itching to do another henna. Speaking of which, I found an indian salon this past weekend. I got my eyebrows threaded and I'm seriously contemplating letting them do an indigo henna on me.

Has anyone had their hair henna'd professionally?

No but it sounds interesting, my only fear would be the conditioning part afterwords.

Today I decided to use my Kalpi Tone as a tea, I mixed it with Shikakai, Amla and Hibiscus. I worked the tea through my strands then I rinsed really good. Now I'm dcing with Motions Cpr, ORS, V05 moisture milk in Strawberrys and cream, Brahmi, Bhringraj and Nettle. I'll air dry and seal with Afrroveda Hibiscus oil and Shikakai growth oil.

How did you make your T, did put it in a T bag etc..and see now your given others idea what to do with my Kalpi Tone.. lol@my....... I love KK think this week I want to mix it w/fenugreek,hib as a T

Up early working on my hair, I oil with amla, then mix kalpi tone, maka, fenugreek with silk fusion/vo5 (very soft), then I rinse wash with vo5, dc with Aubrey, cantu leave in, moist with shea mix, seal with afroveda shikaki.

I gave myself a scalp massage with Vatika Coconut Oil for 15 mins...
That's what I was supposed to have been doing all this week. I've been really lazy. I'll get back on the ball this weekend. I am due for a henna treatment - it will either be tonight or tomorrow night.

is it me or does the mahabringharaj oil make one sleepy after you massage it in?

Yes this is why I like it, I'm an Insomniac and I would use it every night to help me sleep. Bhringraj is sleep aid in Ayurvedic medicine.
http://www.ayurvedic-medicines.com/herbs/bhringraj.html

Navratna oil has the same effect, but it smells worse, so I only use this one if I know I'll have time to wash it out in the morning.

ETA: another thread on the subject.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=322885&highlight=

Last edited:
Okay ladies, ayurnatural is having a sale and I definitely took advantage of the free shipping and bought indigo which I needed more than anything. I only bought 10 boxes and the nenna oil. Happy shopping ladies.

Here is the email that was sent to me this morning:

AyurNatural Beauty Announcement!!

Cassia 100g -- $5.50

Indigo 100g -- $5.25

Rajasthani Henna 100g -- $5.00

....While supplies last....

Don't forget Free Shipping for an order of $60 or more throughout the entire store!!!*

Don't Miss Out!!!!

* Shipping costs will be refunded back to you through your method of payment *

Plan to do my weekly deep condition tonight. I will first massage my scalp with neem oil. Then twist my hair and coat ends in amla. Wait it out then cover with deep conditioner.

I did a ayurveda deep conditioning treatment with KT, KK and brahmi powders mixed in some Mizani Moisture and Thermasmooth conditioners for an hour today.

I did a ayurveda deep conditioning treatment with KT, KK and brahmi powders mixed in some Mizani Moisture and Thermasmooth conditioners for an hour today.

Other than making the hair smell nice, are there any other benefits to the KK?

ETA: I just went to the site and read up on it, I see it helps to thicken the hair. Do you feel like it's working?

Last edited:
Still doing my tea rinses 3x/wk. Just being lazy and not checking in. I will be on staycation for two weeks in September so I will definitely be doing a cassia gloss then. I have a forest of new growth and I'm only nearing 2 months post. I really think ayurveda has something to do with that.

Still doing my tea rinses 3x/wk. Just being lazy and not checking in. I will be on staycation for two weeks in September so I will definitely be doing a cassia gloss then. I have a forest of new growth and I'm only nearing 2 months post. I really think ayurveda has something to do with that.

Niiiice...:yep:

:yep::yep::yep:

I'm hoping this will help in having a shorter transition. We shall see.

It's weird for me the effects of Ayurveda on the hair start off kind of subtle. By making the hair feel and look better, then all of a sudden when you're not thinking about it and do a length check you are surprised at how much it has grown. It's like it sneaks up on you. Anyone else experience this?

Deep conditioning now with egg, moisturizing conditioner, and oil for 2 hours. Once in the shower, I will do an ayurvedic cleansing conditioner.

It's weird for me the effects of Ayurveda on the hair start off kind of subtle. By making the hair feel and look better, then all of a sudden when you're not thinking about it and do a length check you are surprised at how much it has grown. It's like it sneaks up on you. Anyone else experience this?

I don't know since I'm transitioning all I have is curlies so it hard to tell, no great growth in length still baby SL.

I agree. I was really surprised by my last length check. It wasn't even a good straightening job and I was still surprised. Shrinkage is amazing with my texlaxed hair so I never know what I will get. I'm noticing this early in the game this time around because I am manipulating my hair more. I will cut back in a few weeks.

Back