6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

Hmmmm - Crawlies . . . . is that what those are?

Anyhoo . . . . ordered some indigo. When that comes in I will henna/indigo. Does anyone know if this is a permanant treatment? In other words, will it bleed all over my scarves, pillows and such or will it stay put?

I personally haven't had and problems with bleeding.

Hmmmm - Crawlies . . . . is that what those are?

Anyhoo . . . . ordered some indigo. When that comes in I will henna/indigo. Does anyone know if this is a permanant treatment? In other words, will it bleed all over my scarves, pillows and such or will it stay put?

It doesn't bleed if your hair is totally dry but if it's wet/damp, I found that it did bleed a tiny bit. So don't go to bed with wet/damp hair.

I'm in cornrows right now and spraying with tea spritz of amla/hibisus,brahmi,maka, horsetail and nettle. Oiling with vatika oil.

Your siggy bun is beautiful. It looks darker.:look:
Thank you girl. It is getting darker:yep:

I am still so amazed at the results I got from the fenugreek and I only did it once.. going to do another hopefully sat..sing "ooooh baby baby oooooh baby baby to fenugreek"
I have a whole bag of fenugreek and only used it once. It smelled so curryish (i know that's not a word:lachen:) that I didn't use it again. How do you use it?

Did an oil rinse yesterday with vatika coconut oil followed by a tea rinse with amla and shikakai powders. I really need to get some kalpi tone and maka powder.

Thank you girl. It is getting darker:yep:

I have a whole bag of fenugreek and only used it once. It smelled so curryish (i know that's not a word:lachen:) that I didn't use it again. How do you use it?

I mixed organic coconut oil and fenugreek, then covered it on my hair sat w/plastic cap for 30min, rinsed w/warm water,last rinse cool water..

Funny you say that cuzz my daughter kept telling me she smelled fried chicken..lol

I'm prepooing overnight with mustard oil on the scalp and amla oil on the hair itself, then doing my first cassia treatment tomorrow. I'll be following up with SitriNillah and probably twist the hair. My query: should I shampoo or cowash the cassia out, and for how long should I leave it in? I'm doing an actual treatment, and was thinking 1-2 hours? What say you ladies :grin:?

Earlier today, I did my first cleansing conditioner and must say that I am in love with Ayurveda haircare already:yep:. This weekend, I am looking to purchase a packet of nupur henna.

I've been really busy moving and didn't have time to do my hair. I was itching to do my hair and when I finally got done with everything I went into Ayurveda overload. I oiled my scalp and hair and let that sit for about an hour. Then did a tea rinse of: Amla, Hibiscus, Brahmi, Fenugreek, Maka, and Shikakai. I let that sit for a few mins and then cowashed it out. I then did another henna. I planned on waiting but loved my first so much that I had to do it again. I mixed some Jamila henna with warm water and let it sit for about 3 hours. Then mixed EVOO, honey, and EVCO in with the henna. I applied the henna on my damp hair, put on a plastic cap, and then my du rag on top. I let the henna sit on my hair for a little more than an hour and then cowashed it out and shampoo with CON. My hair didn't feel like I needed to DC, but I still did. The end result of my hair is great. My hair is soft, silky, strong, and thicker. I love henna. I think I not going to henna again for at least a month. The color is very rich and I love it.

Last edited:
Did wash #1 today of my regimen, after air drying I styled in a French Braid, pics on blog.

Last edited:
Sry it took so long! I loved it! I was just as great as the Swastik bar, more moisturizing without the coated feeling. I will continue to use this one.

I loved it also, I don't know if I can tell a difference in the bars yet. I used a heat pass for my 1 year update.

Deep condition my hair with my henna, neem, and shikakai condition mix overnight. My hair feels and looks great. I took my twist down using vatika oil. I had little shedding which is a great sign.

[FONT=&quot]dc/pre-poo now with steam for 30 min. with mild protein & moisturizing conditioner. Will do another cleansing conditioner and quick acv rinse in the shower.[/FONT]

I henna'd overnight with amla+henna+paprika mix
Getting ready to rinse, cowash, detangle and DC with heat
then, moisturize and seal with CoCasta and amla-wet bun

I oil hair with amla, mix my powders with vo5 tea therapy and vatika. Cantu leave in and shikaki growth elixir.

Organic coconut oil, fenugreek,hib treatment, then co wash w/Tj, twist w/afroveda coconut milk condish & shea amla pomade.

Hi there,
Do you mind me asking how you make this?
tia,
tishee
I have my powders shikaki, 2 boxes amla,hibiscus,maka,brahmi,fenugreek all in a canister together so when I need to used them it already mix up. I used two/three tablespoons of the powder mix, place in a jar from a past conditioner that I used then I just gradually pour conditioners until I get a smooth. I use mostly VO 5 conditioner or any conditioners that I did not like as a regular conditioner. That a good way to use up stuff you don't like. I use a wire wisk to stir up the paste, it messy so I usually do it over the sink. I then put a cap over my head and let it sit for 30 min. DC, leave in, moist and seal.

what is the difference from using a paste vs tea rinse, and do they both yield the same results? Which do you like best?

what is the difference from using a paste vs tea rinse, and do they both yield the same results? Which do you like best?

They both leave the hair strong & clean depending which powders you use, The tea is typically easier to rinse out if you have a lot of ng or for natural heads. Although cond. helps with this. for me, mixing the powders with dcs. make my hair feel soft, strong and moist at the same time. To me the tea seems to stop shedding faster.

Last edited:
I'm in kinky twists and have been cowashing with Amla powder and a Henna mix. But, my twists have been matting to my real hair...so I will need to adjust my Ayurveda reggie. I am going to focus more on my daily spritz and oiling and massaging my scalp with Ayurveda oils. I have the Vatika Oil and the Olive Oil, but the Olive has mineral oil in it, so I wont be using that. I am off to get some Amla Oil this week. I will return to my cowashes when these twists come out. Had I not caught this, this would have been a MAJOR set back for me.

I prefer rinses because seriously my tub can not handle the powders. I got one of those drain catchers but I'm still scared. I had to do some serious work on my tub 2x because of the powders and I'm not chancing it again. I hate washing my hair in the sink. I will be doing a cassia gloss in the next few weeks so I will be using the powders so I will be over the sink. My hair is STRONG yet very soft. I do feel my growth has speed up a bit too. I do tea rinses 3x/wk. One is moisturizing, one strengthening, and one cleansing.

Back