6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

I am still in this! I was traveling so I did do rinses and such for two weeks. This past week I did a tea rinse and added some powders to my conditioner. My hair is breaking at the ends so I am going to do aphogee next week...it seems that henna does not cut it.

This a common misconception. Henna does not do it. Henna acts like a protein treatment, but it really is not. You still need to do an actual protein treatment.

I agree Aspire. I get an amazing color from these two powders too. When my grays are looking fierce, I use these 2 powders and they calm them down temporarily. Thank goodness, I'm wearing wigs as my protective styles until Ekua brings in some indigo.

U know U dont have any gray, stop it, lol what does cassia and indigo do?

This a common misconception. Henna does not do it. Henna acts like a protein treatment, but it really is not. You still need to do an actual protein treatment.
Yeah... I was worried at first about doing a protein treatment since I just henna'd last month, but my ends are splitting. Im natural so I do PT on an as-needed basis

Last edited:
Yeah... I was worried at first about ding a protein treatment since I just henna'd last month, but my ends are splitting. Im natural so I do PT on an as-needed basis

I am natural too, I have never done a protein treatment wonder if I need to, I do karishma henna alot, I have not notice to much shedding other than what they say is normal, and not sure about splitting, guess when I get home going to look at my ends..:look:

U know U dont have any gray, stop it, lol what does cassia and indigo do?

You are too sweet Imoan, thank you. Cassia is said to be a colorless henna for those who just want the conditioning power of henna without the color depositing on the hair but I have learned that it does show up some color on lighter shades of hair. Indigo is very simply put, a plant that has blue dye in it. Powdered indigo resembles powdered henna but it dyes hair black. Indigo can be used with henna to dye cloth and hair from brown to pure black, depending on the proportions of henna and indigo used. More information on it can be found on www.hennaforhair.com.

Last edited:
I am natural too, I have never done a protein treatment wonder if I need to, I do karishma henna alot, I have not notice to much shedding other than what they say is normal, and not sure about splitting, guess when I get home going to look at my ends..:look:
A PT can help a lot with shedding. Aphogee is really strong but if you want something lighter mix Nexxuss Emergencee with some conditioner and slather it on. I used to do that. Now I am a little more in tume with my hair so I can just go for a long time without a treatment and then do a hardcore one when necessary.

A PT can help a lot with shedding. Aphogee is really strong but if you want something lighter mix Nexxuss Emergencee with some conditioner and slather it on. I used to do that. Now I am a little more in tume with my hair so I can just go for a long time without a treatment and then do a hardcore one when necessary.

hum ok, I do use AO GPB every 6 weeks which is suppose to be full of protein, is that the same as a treatment, I am trying to stick w/mostly natural stuff w/o mineral oil,petr..etc does NE/AP have any of that in it.

Thanks

hum ok, I do use AO GPB every 6 weeks which is suppose to be full of protein, is that the same as a treatment, I am trying to stick w/mostly natural stuff w/o mineral oil,petr..etc does NE/AP have any of that in it.

Thanks

AO GPB is fine, its a light protein conditioner.

Is there away that I can incorporate this into my routine? I plan to wear protective styles (mainly twist) for the rest of the year. I plan on using oils on my scalp, but what can I do for my hair. So far I've only made/use conditioner mixes, do think it would be okay to do tea rinse? Anyone have any good tea recipes?

thinking of doing this too, or the wig thing Aggie is doing and doing tea rinses, guess I need to go to Aggie page and hunt for tea recipes

Ladies, I am doing my first cassia treatment on Saturday. I'm so excited to finally have my products :grin:! I have no clue how to do this. Do I do it to dry oiled hair, wet oiled hair, I'm puzzled. I was going to prepoo overnight, but don't know if I need to wash first. I'm going to do an actual treatment the first time, not just a gloss, so I know I'll need to DC afterward. I'm very excited for the shine factor--my boyfriend's birthday is at the end of the month and I want my hair blingin :grin:!!!

What day is your BF b-day my twins bday is the 22nd they will be 3 help me Jesus..lol and I am sure your hair will light up the room just as your smile does on your pic....

I'm not sure about this one, you might want to post this in the new Henna thread. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=335111&highlight=henna

About doing a strand test, I'm assuming you're talking about Henna? If so, when I first tried it I mixed up a tiny batch and applied it to hair harvested from combs or hair that I had shed. I put it in a ziplock bag with the mixture and left it for about 6 hours then rinsed and blotted it dry with paper towel. I was able to see the color as well as feel the strength in the strands, HTH.
thanks so much for your reply flowinlocks. Could I do the same with the powders like kalphi tone, brahmi, amla, etc.?
tia,
tishee

Last edited:
What day is your BF b-day my twins bday is the 22nd they will be 3 help me Jesus..lol and I am sure your hair will light up the room just as your smile does on your pic....

OMG Thank you!!! :blush3: MY BF's birthday is on the 30th, and he'll be 30. Your babies will be 3? Then I am definitely praying for you, lol! I can't even keep up with the godkids :lachen:!

last night I oiled with Amla, Navratna, and my Vatika cocktail. Today I oiled again with Hesh Shikakai oil, let it sit for an hour then pooed with my Shikakai bar then cond. with AM. I'll air dry then seal with Afroveda Shikakai oil, Afroveda Hibiscus oil, and Hairveda Shikakai oil. I love the thickness and the smell of the Hairveda oil, but I need to add, although the Afroveda oils are lighter in comparison. I get major crawlies from using theses two.

Last edited:
last night I oiled with Amla, Navratna, and my Vatika cocktail. Today I oiled again with Hesh Shikakai oil, let it for an hour then pooed with my Shikakai bar the cond. with AM. I'll air dry then seal with Afroveda Shikakai oil, Afroveda Hibiscus oil, and Hairveda Shikakai oil. I love the thickness and the smell of the Hairveda oil, but I need to add, although the Afroveda oils are lighter in comparison. I get major crawlies from using theses two.

What is that??

What is that??

It's a good thing. It's the difference between tingling, or itching, it's almost a tickle, the sensation that something is crawling on your scalp. Kinda like you can feel your hair growing. I don't know if I totally agree with this theory, but ironically the areas that have the most sensation have the most growth,I only get it when I use certain products. Sena oil mixed with Gro Aut oil, The Afroveda oils I mentioned, Also when I was taking MSM and using MN. There is a thread on it. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=305249&highlight=crawlies

Yesterday, I did fenugreek w/coconut oil let it sit for 1hr then applied to my hair for 30 min w/plastic cap and oooooooooooh my as I rinsed w/warm water it was like silky soft and smooth, I then did a final rinse w/diluted Giovanni direct leave n and did twist w/Jamican black castor oil. Even tho I used the powder Fngrk, as my hair began to dry had some piece of it in my twist.. lol I have to say this will be in my routine, my friend said to do it 3 times per week. however I will try 2 times a week if I can... going to hunt for big quanity of this stuff......

I am redoing the same paste i had on monday, today. I'm also due for a mild protein treatment using aphogee and then DC.

I don't veer much from my regimen. I will look for the fenugreek next time i'm at the indian store.

Yesterday, I did fenugreek w/coconut oil let it sit for 1hr then applied to my hair for 30 min w/plastic cap and oooooooooooh my as I rinsed w/warm water it was like silky soft and smooth, I then did a final rinse w/diluted Giovanni direct leave n and did twist w/Jamican black castor oil. Even tho I used the powder Fngrk, as my hair began to dry had some piece of it in my twist.. lol I have to say this will be in my routine, my friend said to do it 3 times per week. however I will try 2 times a week if I can... going to hunt for big quanity of this stuff......[/quote]

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/
This is where I get my Fenugreek, Horsetail, and Nettle. They have 1 lb. bags.

I'm still here! I've been co-washing with V05 Moisture Milks and Vatika/Amla oils. I'm loving it! It's been almost two weeks since I last did a henna (I was starting to get a little henna crazy:spinning:). I still want to try the Indigo too.:yep:

I am still so amazed at the results I got from the fenugreek and I only did it once.. going to do another hopefully sat..sing "ooooh baby baby oooooh baby baby to fenugreek"

Ayurnatural is really really fast. I ordered Friday of last week and recieved my stuff on monday. wow!

Cant wait for the sale in sept, I hope someone warns her about LHCF and how we will crash your site down on orders.. :drunk:

Hmmmm - Crawlies . . . . is that what those are?

Anyhoo . . . . ordered some indigo. When that comes in I will henna/indigo. Does anyone know if this is a permanant treatment? In other words, will it bleed all over my scarves, pillows and such or will it stay put?

Back