4th date = coloring???

Glib Gurl

I was just talking to a friend and she was saying that guys have told her that if you don't color with them on the fourth date then they won't date you any further.

Generally true in your experience?

I've heard that it was three dates. :lol: You got an extra one there!

My rule? That discussion is not even happening until we're in an exclusive relalationship. If he wants to walk, cool (and yes, some have), but others won't.

Others also don't have that automatic expectation either.

I remember my family members saying something about the 1 month mark. They would give a female one month to sex with them. I guess 4 dates = 1 month if you're seeing each other every weekend.

For the most part, I didn't care about their rules... but once I got older and wiser I had a personal 4 month rule. That was usually just enough time for him to show his arse and I could be done with the relationship without any regrets :)

^^ dlewis, if you hadn't replied, I still would have thought this thread was about going to Chili's and asking for kid's menus and crayons.

I'm getting old. No idea coloring = sex.

If he gets mad because you won't color after a set time, he was more than likely out for coloring anyway.

Please don't believe that!

If anything, you just weed out the unsincere guys that way.

If you're not sure you want to do it with a certain man, that equals a No.

I think that is ridiculous. I would not even consider having sex with someone after just 4 dates. Because of religious reasons, but also because it is important to me to protect my body, my health, my heart, my spirit, and my emotional well-being. I would not even deal with a man that thought this way. Even if 90% of men on earth thought this way I would care less and focus on the 10% who had some sense and morals.

ETA: Sorry, I didn't answer your question. I honestly don't know if that's true or not. I'm sure there are some men who think this way but I certainly hope it is not common.

Last edited:
I think that it's very individual.
Having these rules, and dates expecting you to follow them is just stupid.

If you want to color then do it, if not don't.
A good man is not defined by rules.

Now me personally, the dudes I've dated without coloring for months are dudes I'm just not that into, although I do enjoy their company.
But if I haven't gotten the urge to color by date 2 (whether I actually do or not) dude is bound to be "just friends".

BUT I'm very non-American in the way I take control over the sexual bit.
I hate when men come on to me, it's a turn off, I'd rather be the agressor, at least in the beginning.

That is crazy, I am in total disbelief-- man, if that's the rule dudes must have been hating me, getting no return on their investment!

if the dude is waiting for me to give it up he will suffer from some serious blue balls call it aint happening and especially these days make it worst i dont have any urges to give up the poontang and its been a little minute for me

ive been dating lately i dont like any of them they will be lucky if they even get a hug you walk me to my door and i go in and close the door good night nope go home

If you not paying a bill you aint coming in call me what u want

I just asked my SO if there was a 3 or 4 date rule re: sex (he knows all my crazy questions are generated by the hairboard.) He said that seemed a bit early to him, but as a guy if we hadn't kissed by date 3 or 4 he would assume the girl wasn't that interested in him.

I'm not coloring by date number 4. If he wants to walk....see ya!

This is kind OT:
I heard on the radio this morning where this guy and girl who were daating called in to get the deejays advice. They'd been seeing each other since September, spent the holidays together but the guy refused to be exclusive....why....the girl is a virgin and wanted to wait until she got married. The giy said that was cool but he didn't want to date exclusively because he wanted to have sex before marriage. Girl wanted to know who was wrong. People were calling in dogging the guy but he put it out there from day one what he wanted...
Girl kept trying to "make him hers." I got the feeling that she is goign to end up coloring with him prior to any marriage just to get him to "commit' to an exclusive relationship...

Crazy...

how is someone gonna dictate to you when to give up ur puddi? I mean fa real... afta da 4th date? git da phuck outta hea...where they do that at?

see, das da problem right there. when a man starts to dictate and tell YOU when HE should get the puddi, he already lettin u know what he wants and how he's gonna treat you afterwards. I mean lets break it down..

him: after the 4th date, if i don't get any, then i'm not takin you out anymore.

translation: lemme hit dat da next time i spend my money on you for the 4th dayum time. i need to get a return on my investment.

tell dat bama to go kick rocks n tell his story walkin...ain't nobody with a minimum of two active brain cells tryna hear dat bullshyt...

I just asked my SO if there was a 3 or 4 date rule re: sex (he knows all my crazy questions are generated by the hairboard.) He said that seemed a bit early to him, but as a guy if we hadn't kissed by date 3 or 4 he would assume the girl wasn't that interested in him.

That's true about me. If I don't have a desire to color or to kiss dude by date 3, he will always reside in the friend zone. :look:

Okay that part is taken care of . . . whew ;)

how is someone gonna dictate to you when to give up ur puddi? I mean fa real... afta da 4th date? git da phuck outta hea...where they do that at?

see, das da problem right there. when a man starts to dictate and tell YOU when HE should get the puddi, he already lettin u know what he wants and how he's gonna treat you afterwards. I mean lets break it down..

him: after the 4th date, if i don't get any, then i'm not takin you out anymore.

translation: lemme hit dat da next time i spend my money on you for the 4th dayum time. i need to get a return on my investment.

tell dat bama to go kick rocks n tell his story walkin...ain't nobody with a minimum of two active brain cells tryna hear dat bullshyt...

Alright, Madea :lachen:

i must really like you to swap mouth fluid. I rarely kiss people much less drop draws i cant belive these dudes

Thats some bull.

Sorry this is one of the reason so many women (black, women, or indifferent) are single because we give it up with no ring and no commitment. If we just had enough strength and savvy to make these men wait before they get to color all over you :look:, you wouldnt complain everytime a man got the goods then dropped you anyway.

Contrary to popular belief, if a man wants you, he WILL wait for you.

Thats some bull.

Sorry this is one of the reason so many women (black, women, or indifferent) are single because we give it up with no ring and no commitment. If we just had enough strength and savvy to make these men wait before they get to color all over you :look:, you wouldnt complain everytime a man got the goods then dropped you anyway.

First off, your hair in your siggy is purty. *drool*

Second, I think this calls for a spinoff! :yep:

I was just talking to a friend and she was saying that guys have told her that if you don't color with them on the fourth date then they won't date you any further.

Not generally true in my experience.

If he does, it's his loss. At date #4 it's almost impossible to know whether the dude has HIV/AIDs, HPV, gonnerhea, chlamydia, herpes, crabs, ...

*assuming the 4 dates occur w/in a few months

Goodness. Where do your friends get such information? Unless it was your friend speaking on her own experience. :nono:

Goodness. Where do your friends get such information? Unless it was your friend speaking on her own experience. :nono:

That is exactly it. She was dating a guy and then he stopped calling her after the fourth, color-free date :lol: When she tracked him down like, :huh: he told her that if it doesn't happen by the fourth date, he's out. She thought it was ridiculous so she asked some male friends what they thought and they agreed :nono:

Thats some bull.

Hold up, wait!

Sex is not only for the man, if I "give it up" (haven't heard that since high school) it's because I want the SEX.
For me.

Sex is not a tradeable commodity, it's for my enjoyment.
And, in my experience, it doesn't scare men, it most of the times make them harder to get rid of.

I would never get serious, pronounce the C word or even let him near my finger with a ring until he has provened himself in that category (among a few others).

That said, I LOVE your hair!

Back