4 Month Co-Washing Challenge!

Today and last night

LTR and some Organix again... I tried a braidout last night and I'll never do it again, unbraided the mess and started over and just did a wash n go today

Yep, I'll start a new one next year. Probably start it earlier, so we can squeeze a few extra weeks in there :grin:

I've been thinking of extending the challenge till August 31 or September 1 (get an extra day out of it :lol: ), cause I ain't stoppin on the 18. I'm too addicted :look:

What do ya'll think of extending the challenge to a part two-till the end of the year? Am I going overboard with my addiction? :look:

:yep: Next years really should be 4 months.

I'm keeping this up until the 22nd .. because then I'm getting my hair done for school.

Part 2 would be cool, but I think I'll have to sit that one out because my regimen for the school year Fall and Winter is different ..:nono:

DC'ed on dry hair with 2 ORS Replenishing Packs and some EVOO.

Shampooed with Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo.

Cowashed with VO5 Passion Fruit Smoothie, used a little as a leavein, and used coconut oil to seal.:lick:

Yep, I'll start a new one next year. Probably start it earlier, so we can squeeze a few extra weeks in there :grin:

I've been thinking of extending the challenge till August 31 or September 1 (get an extra day out of it :lol: ), cause I ain't stoppin on the 18. I'm too addicted :look:

What do ya'll think of extending the challenge to a part two-till the end of the year? Am I going overboard with my addiction? :look:

I was gonna do this anyway, but CW at night because it gets so disrespectfully cold here. I say do it, for those that are down, we can keep it going!

I was gonna do this anyway, but CW at night because it gets so disrespectfully cold here. I say do it, for those that are down, we can keep it going!

I will keep it up. I CWed tonite for the first time since this challenge, with my usual, LTR and left in pumpkin puree/EVOO. I have just accepted the fact that I will be bunning for most of the rest of the year in order to keep up with the CWing and low maintenance. The results are too wonderful to give up for the winter, so I am def down for an extension! :yep:

Plus I just looked and I am really inching towards BSL!!!! If I can keep my ends moist and avoid having to get too much chopped off I should def make it by Dec 08 if not sooner! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Cowashed last night with Yes To Carrots con. Giovanni Direct leave-in with Avocado/coconut creme and sealed with castor oil. Bunned.

I will keep it up. I CWed tonite for the first time since this challenge, with my usual, LTR and left in pumpkin puree/EVOO. I have just accepted the fact that I will be bunning for most of the rest of the year in order to keep up with the CWing and low maintenance. The results are too wonderful to give up for the winter, so I am def down for an extension! :yep:

Plus I just looked and I am really inching towards BSL!!!! If I can keep my ends moist and avoid having to get too much chopped off I should def make it by Dec 08 if not sooner! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Keep it going! You'll be BSL before you know it:yep:

CW this a.m. w/Suave Orchid Petals. I laced this w/grapeseed oil, just cuz. Bee Mine serum, bunned. Anyone else using BM, is it just me, or does it seem to make your curls more defined?

I guess I was unofficially on this challenge since I co-wash everyday anyway, lol.

I love co-washing. When done the right way (for me), it's a savior to my hair. I co-wash with a cheapie conditioner, rinse, and then add more as a leave-in. Works like a charm!

I used cheapies when I first went natural, then a couple months ago I thought that my hair didn't like cheapies. What I ended up learning was that my hair doesn't like cheapies with a lot of cones.

I plan on co-washing everyday now till November, and then I'll go back to twists for a while.

Last night, LTR. Left in Kenra MC and EVOO, bunned it up.

This CWing at night is not bad. I will keep alternating morning and night cowashes until I get the system down. I will need to perfect it by the time it gets cold. :perplexed

cowashed last night wit HE HH.
i think cowashing at night better so i can just put a scarf on and go to bed rather than cowashing in the morning or during the day when ide have to do my hair.

i love cowashing...its great:rolleyes:

Last night, LTR. Left in Kenra MC and EVOO, bunned it up.

This CWing at night is not bad. I will keep alternating morning and night cowashes until I get the system down. I will need to perfect it by the time it gets cold. :perplexed

When it gets cold, I'm thinking you could try to stick to doing it at night. That way, by the time you wake in the morning, your hair will be dry or *almost* dry.

You could just do your usual routine of co-washing, slathering on the condish, buttering it up, then bun it up. Put on a scarf, and hit the hay.

I'll be experimenting and possibly adding some new things to the arsenal. Today I bought some Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner and two bottles of some by Fresh Concepts called Bananarama Daily Conditioner. It's smells delish and has some yummy stuff in it. Here are the ingredients for both, only cuz I love y'all:grin::

Fresh Concepts Bananarama Daily Conditioner is a weightless conditioner that gives the hair just what it needs everyday. Bananarama maintains the hair's moisture and protein levels to keep it healthy. This daily conditioner contains extra UV protectors and can be used on all hair types. Fresh Concepts Bananarama Daily Conditioner has a fun Banana fragrance. Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcoho, Methyl gluceth-10, Dicetyldimonium chloride, SD, Vit E, Vit A, Sage extract, calendula flower extract, goldenseal root extract, henna extract, hops extract, matricaria extract, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, wheat starch, soy protein, Quillaja sponaria bark extract, whild cherry fruit extract, cranberry extract, grapeseed extract, black walnut extract, ginger root, green tea, jojoba seed oil, sweet almond oil, aloe leaf juice, etc...

Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner Ingredients: Water, rosemary, valencia orange, mango, lemongrass, gingko biloba, echinacea, willow bark, sea kelp, matricaria, lavender, grapefruit, soybean, cetyl/stearly alcohol, hydrolyzed soy protein, etc.

I'll be experimenting and possibly adding some new things to the arsenal. Today I bought some Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner and two bottles of some by Fresh Concepts called Bananarama Daily Conditioner. It's smells delish and has some yummy stuff in it. Here are the ingredients for both, only cuz I love y'all:grin::

Fresh Concepts Bananarama Daily Conditioner is a weightless conditioner that gives the hair just what it needs everyday. Bananarama maintains the hair's moisture and protein levels to keep it healthy. This daily conditioner contains extra UV protectors and can be used on all hair types. Fresh Concepts Bananarama Daily Conditioner has a fun Banana fragrance. Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcoho, Methyl gluceth-10, Dicetyldimonium chloride, SD, Vit E, Vit A, Sage extract, calendula flower extract, goldenseal root extract, henna extract, hops extract, matricaria extract, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, wheat starch, soy protein, Quillaja sponaria bark extract, whild cherry fruit extract, cranberry extract, grapeseed extract, black walnut extract, ginger root, green tea, jojoba seed oil, sweet almond oil, aloe leaf juice, etc...

Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner Ingredients: Water, rosemary, valencia orange, mango, lemongrass, gingko biloba, echinacea, willow bark, sea kelp, matricaria, lavender, grapefruit, soybean, cetyl/stearly alcohol, hydrolyzed soy protein, etc.

hey sweetie,

do you mind me asking where you purchased the fresh concepts daily co?

tia,
tishee

Yesterday, I was too busy to co wash, so I put my dry hair back in a snood. Although I :love: so washing, I realized that I really miss my dry hair. Baggying, wearing my snoods and bun cages :sad:

So I'm gonna extend this challenge to August 31 so we can all get our last little co wash kicks :yep:

I'm excited to start rollersetting again! :yay:

(If ya'll see another co wash challenge in a few months, just know that I couldn't fight the addiction :lachen: )

Back