Are you addicted to washing your hair? (co washing included!)

Are you addicted to washing your hair?

• Yes, and I LOVE IT!!! :grin:

Votes: 246 66.1%
  • Yes, it's annoying, but I can't stop! :perplexed

Votes: 55 14.8%
  • No, but I was. I'm over it now :yep:

Votes: 44 11.8%
  • No, I have better things to do :rolleyes:

Votes: 27 7.3%

• Total voters
I am so freakin addicted to washing my hair!!! When I rollerset or flatiron, by the next day, I'm deep conditioning it. I really start to miss my wet bun when my hair's down, so I gotta wash it

When I get in the shower, I HAVE to co wash. The only way I can avoid co washing is to not take showers :look:

I just co washed this morning and I wanna wash it again. I'm itching to wash it

I'm sitting here planning everything out for when I wash tomorrow. I can't wait to get up in the morning and feel that warm water on my scalp :drool:

So who's with me? Who can't stop co/washing their hair?

I thoughtI was the only one lol! I even planned out which conditioners to use on my outlook calender.

Yes I am addicted and Im NOT ashamed. I love love lovelovelove love it yes I do I sho do...OH Yeeaaaah! :grin: :lick:

I felt angry today and kinda down because I couldn't co-wash today like I do daily because they were working on the water this morning so the water pressure was too low to wash. I might co-wash twice tomorrow in the shower because I feel like I've been cheated or missed out and I MUST make up for it :look:.

I voted yes, it's annoying, but i can't stop! LOL

I did, too! I'm so annoyed because this program that I'm in this summer has 3 ppl in a one bedroom apt :)eek:), so I can't take up too much time in the bathroom. It's the summertime, dangit, I wanna wash my hair 2-3x/ week!!! :wallbash:

I like washing my hair and am now crazy about co washing buti just cant figure out how to style it quickly.

most definitely. I stalled putting in kinky twists for a month cause I love cowashing and dcing so much. alas I had to get them cause there is a cast on my leg and I can't cowash in the shower for two more weeks. I had em 2 weeks and took em out yesterday cause my scalp felt so gross...well that and the growth from mt. I was soooo happy under the ceiling fan last night drying my hair. then today my cousin came over to cornrow my hair. I am dying...lol

I am addicted to washing/co-washing & as much as I love it sometimes it get out of hand. Despite the effort or funds it takes to achieve the style I will take down kinky twists, single braids, cornrows, etc, just to wash and get back that squeaky clean feeling .

This morning I had 45 minutes to get ready for work & I spent twenty in the shower because I HAD to co-wash :drunk:

Even if I don't wash my hair, usually I use some kind of aloe, castor oil, glycerin concoction and wet it in the sink daily. :yep:

Besides braids and buns unless I am going out somewhere nice (esp. since I worked at home before getting laid off) I am too lazy to rollerset or do anything else to my hair.

Last edited:
I have a question for those that wash everyday. If you are relaxed, what is the very next step after you're done washing. Do you blow dry? Years ago I used to wash my hair everyday (I am relaxed 4a/b) and it was so dry. I now know what I was doing wrong. I wasn't putting any moisturizer in my hair or anything. I know that sounds like a no brainer but back then I had no clue as to how to properly take care of my hair. I mean, I was still using mineral oil and petroleum, for God's sake. So anyway, for all the daily washers do you blowdry afterwards everyday? Thanks in advance.

YES! I had to get a weave to leave it alone! And I am about to go crazy because I MISS it. I was CWin twice a day! LOL I am going to wash the weave tonight...maybe...it's synthetic...I am scurred.

I have a question for those that wash everyday. If you are relaxed, what is the very next step after you're done washing. Do you blow dry? Years ago I used to wash my hair everyday (I am relaxed 4a/b) and it was so dry. I now know what I was doing wrong. I wasn't putting any moisturizer in my hair or anything. I know that sounds like a no brainer but back then I had no clue as to how to properly take care of my hair. I mean, I was still using mineral oil and petroleum, for God's sake. So anyway, for all the daily washers do you blowdry afterwards everyday? Thanks in advance.

:nono::nono: Airdrying via braidouts, twistouts, buns, or you can even rollerset .. I wouldn't do that everyday though ..

I would have voted twice if I could. I'm somewhere between loving it and annoyed. If I was wearing anything more than wng's, I'd be more annoyed. But my wng is airdried hanging straight so it's not as big of a deal right now.

NO blowdrying!!! Blowdrying ever day would totally defeat the purpose of cowashing. I co wash daily and my hair is always back in a wet bun :yep:

I am currently addicted to washing my hair, I think i'm more so now that I am out of school for the summer.:grin:

I love washing my hair and dCW. I just hate to rollerset, etc.. afterwards...lol...I am becoming a little annoyed though, I always perk up when I get a new bottle of conditioner...:lachen:

I was just thinking about this today while running.
I can't beleive that I used to workout and not wash my hair everyday or even every other day. I always thought that I could'nt, because it would dry out my hair. Now I know better and cowash just about everyday. I can't stand going more than 1 day and not washing.
I love it and my hair and scalp has never been better!

Wow, I'm SO glad this thread rose to the top again! I just realized that I am totally addicted to cowashing! I think about when I can do my next one..... what product I'll use ... what leave-in to use... what I'll do with my hair after I cowash... when I can re-co-wash.... it's SICK :spinning::spinning:

I used to love co washing everyday but I got so much bulid up and had to detangle so much I said forget it! But I still LOVE the way it feels when water is running on my scalp. Its so soothing and relaxing!

Been co-washing for about 2wks now at night and LOVE it. I look forward to my nightly routine. I am also have fun creating new conditioner concoctions....

I started cowashing daily a few months ago and I am loving my hair! I don't think I can ever go back :nono: I workout for at least 5 days a week so I feel like I HAVE to wash after ever workout and I do. :yep:

I love it too!!!!!! I actually get excited when I get off work from a long day. I drive a city bus so to get the "smell" of the bus out of my hair! It's actually pretty relaxing.

Before I started learning to take care of my hair, I used to only do this 2x a month (sometimes 1x) EEK!!!!! I can't believe how long I deprived myself! There are some women that ONLY wash their hair when they get their hair done every two weeks!

I know because I worked as a shampoo girl since I was 13. Yuck!

WOW! I gotta get back to this. Now that I can braid my hair I think this will be easy for me to do, as my hair love daily cleansing(with conditioner no less).

Years ago when I chopped all my hair of I was addicted to washing it....it was terrible because back then I washed it with a clarifying shampoo everyday! Its a miracle my hair didn't get dry and fall out:look: but then again I also smothered it with half a botttl eof cond too!:lachen:but it was the only way I knew of to revive my curls back then so I could continue to wear my hair down daily.

Back