3 Month "no Buy" Challenge

Trying to hang in there. I have 3 Sally's coupons and I really want those Ion Drops. They were the last serum on my list to try... Will monitor the rate I'm using what I have to see if I would need to re-up before the end of this challenge. Interestingly enough I'm not itching to buy anything else...

I already know I will need to by Claudie's Normalizing conditioner so that may be my pass. My temptation will be a Shea Moisture BOGO sale. I'm still holing out and will deal with this when the time comes.

My ultimate goal is to not do any product hauls until Black Friday...after this challenge I just want to buy a product as NEEDED. Seriously as much as I love being a product junkie, I hope to have a shelf of products that work for me 100%. No mediocres. Simple and effective shelf of products. 2016 is will hopefully help me to weed out the products that really work for my hair consistently.

I lost my debit card this weekend so that saved me from spending any money. I've been tempted to buy a new wig or make one...

I might just wear my own hair for a while.

Eta I found my debit card.

Last edited:
I want to replace a conditioner from Paul Mitchell but I've already decided I'm only using this line for when I straighten my hair.

So far I finished one bottle of my Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle. 4 more to go. Smh. I also finished one of my Tresemme conditioners. One more to go. Won't repurchase this. Almost done with my Nexxus Emergencee conditioner and I have one more left. This is a staple so I'm not in a rush to use it up. And I have 3 more shampoos to finish.

I have plenty of stuff to use during the next few months but I want to buy that Paul Mitchell conditioner so badly!

One shampoo gone. So excited I finally got rid of this thing. Only 2 more to go. Don't even want to buy anything because I'm so focused on using up this stuff. This is like a no buy/ use up your stash challenge for me.

I had to get a long wig for my 30 year high school reunion banquet at the end of this month. I have a lot of wigs but most of them medium to short length. I want a long one for my banquet so I used my pass for that. A girl has to cute for a 30 year reunion ball, right?
Yes ma'am. Do you have pics of the new wig?

Yes ma'am. Do you have pics of the new wig?
It's by It's A Wig called AFRICA. She is a beautiful wig but I know I will have to fluff her out and trim the top a bit to get the look I want. Of course with the hot weather down here, it's not a wig I can wear everyday:nono:.

Here she is:

0006015_376_0_9.jpg

Here's a video showing how to work her:

I suck, I'm out of the challenge...I haven't purchased anything yet, but it is coming. I am happy to say it's not product junkie style, but I'm really beginning to realize what works for me now. While I'm mainly trying to use up my stash of products, I'm also wanting to sample products or repurchase products that are helping my hair porosity issues in particular. Although, I;m out of this challenge, I'm still going to continue it in my own way by being a selective buyer of hair products moving forward. I have a so several products that I really want to test out from now so I can be ready for Black Friday sales later this year.

My Therapiste prepoo is finally here. I got the large bottle so it should last a few months.

I can't decide which dc to use tomorrow. Choices are: Therapiste, Cristalliste, Chroma Captive and Oleo Relax. I'm going to try out my new shampoo too.

Almost 1 month in Ladies! Woot Woot! I haven't purchased a single item!

I've used up 1X It's a 10 mask.

I will probably use my pass within the next month to buy some Shea Moisture conditioners. My hair responds to these really well in the summer/winter. I'll update when I do. How are you Ladies doing?!

It's by It's A Wig called AFRICA. She is a beautiful wig but I know I will have to fluff her out and trim the top a bit to get the look I want. Of course with the hot weather down here, it's not a wig I can wear everyday:nono:.

Here she is:

0006015_376_0_9.jpg

Here's a video showing how to work her:

That's a pretty wig. Unfortunately I've never been into wigs...just seems so foreign to me...but Mannnnnnn yall be killing the wig game. #SlayAllDay

Thank you @lulu97. I do love my wigs and they look pretty awesome on me too:yep:. Most people and I mean 99% of the people around me can't tell it's a wig unless they actually know me. I like that.

Yes Sis!!! And I bet you look so good in them too!. Wigs have come such a long way. I remember there was a time when (I may be telling my age here LOL) people only wore wigs to church on Sundays or if they had a medical condition. Now wigs are like a mainstay in the hair care game. I've seen people take off a wig and their hair underneath looks 10 times better than the wig they had on! Wigs have become such a lovely protective style...protecting all that luscious beautiful hair underneath!!!!:clap::drool:

I decided to do a protein day tomorrow. I'm straightening my hair afterwards so my strands will need some strength. I really hope this Loreal smoothing poo does what it says. My hair and my daughter's hair could use some smoothing:hair:

Hmm so since using Joico Moisture Recovery every week on wash day and doing a light midweek protein cowash with Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructive System Conditioner I may have no need for the Nexxus Emergencee Treatment. As long as I use up everything else this won't be too bad.

I went to Target to buy something for the baby and realized when I got home that I didn't even go down the hair care isle. Even if I don't buy something, I usually always go down the hair care isles...just to look and smell stuff lol

I have 1 or 2 uses left of my current deep conditioner so I will need to buy one soon. :eek2: But I wont until it's all the way done. :giggle:

Back