3 Month "no Buy" Challenge

Ok just re-upped on a few products that might run out during the challenge, got more Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo for my once a month shampoo's, ordered my Macadamia Oil deep repair masque, Vatika black seed hair masque and another bottle of Camille Rose moisture milk. I should be all set for the next 3 months starting Sunday. Not buying anything will also help me to simply my regimen and really hone in on things I won't repurchase.

I used some of my Kerastase Therapiste prepoo, shampoo and Serum on my hair today and loved them all except the serum. I might have to use it a few more times before I feel confident in it's ability to really give me some great shine during a blow out and flat iron.

The problem is I'm a little scared to use too much heat on my hair because of heat damage. I suffered from it a couple years back and every time I think of using heat on my hair, I cringe and therefore, I play it real safe. I think I may need the elixir ultime serum or the ciment thermique for this purpose now. I don't want to get to hasty and change it just yet though.

Oh dear, what to do?

I'm finished hair product shopping, so I'm all set for the 3 month challenge. I don't plan on coloring my hair until the winter so those are the only staple products I didn't pick up. Otherwise I'm good to go. :toocool: So proud of myself...all of my products now fit on 1 small shelf in my beauty cabinet...and not a jam packed one shelf...but a very spacious shelf where I can see everything. :lachen:

I'm just excited about the money I'm going to save during this challenge. Also, I could use up quite a bit of stuff that's been waiting for me to use up. I might need to repeat the challenge again this year to use up more stuff before purchasing again. All I need is a 1 week break after this one is over then start again.

You can try to avoid the sales. It won't be easy for me either... I go crazy for coupons and a good sale

The only sale I want to participate in is the Sally's B1G1 on all hair products... some years they have it in April, some in May... I might join and allow myself that 1 sale because I've been waiting for it and thought it would be in April. I only want 4 items...

I used some of my Kerastase Therapiste prepoo, shampoo and Serum on my hair today and loved them all except the serum. I might have to use it a few more times before I feel confident in it's ability to really give me some great shine during a blow out and flat iron.

The problem is I'm a little scared to use too much heat on my hair because of heat damage. I suffered from it a couple years back and every time I think of using heat on my hair, I cringe and therefore, I play it real safe. I think I may need the elixir ultime serum or the ciment thermique for this purpose now. I don't want to get to hasty and change it just yet though.

Oh dear, what to do?
How long do you leave the Therapiste pre poo on?

Challenge starts tomorrow so I think I might just go to TJMaxx after work and pick up my Joico treatment balm after all. Then I really won't have to buy anything. Won't even need a pass.

How long do you leave the Therapiste pre poo on?
The way I used it is applied to my hair, left it in for about 2 minutes before adding the shampoo right on top of it. I did not wash it out before I shampooed. It felt awesome that way.

I may Wash it out next time before shampooing but I will leave it in my hair a little longer, like 20-30 minutes just to see if there is a difference in how my hair feels.

The way I used it is applied to my hair, left it in for about 2 minutes before adding the shampoo right on top of it. I did not wash it out before I shampooed. It felt awesome that way.

I may Wash it out next time before shampooing but I will leave it in my hair a little longer, like 20-30 minutes just to see if there is a difference in how my hair feels.
Thanks

I'm going to try it that way next time. I usually rinse it after a few minutes and add shampoo. Have you ever used it on dry hair before?

I'm going to try it that way next time. I usually rinse it after a few minutes and add shampoo. Have you ever used it on dry hair before?
No I haven't actually. It's such a small bottle that I feel I'll use too much if used on dry hair. Kerastase is expensive but it's concentrated for the most part. I'm trying to stretch it out a bit and so far that works for me. I pray it stays that way. My only wish is that it came in liter size jugs.

No I haven't actually. It's such a small bottle that I feel I'll use too much if used on dry hair. Kerastase is expensive but it's concentrated for the most part. I'm trying to stretch it out a bit and so far that works for me. I pray it stays that way. My only wish is that it came in liter size jugs.
I want to do a longer prepoo (30 minutes or so) and use it on my hair after I've spritzed it with Aloe Vera juice to make the application easier. It is a small bottle so that might be a bad idea lol. I do have another bottle on the way...

I want to do a longer prepoo (30 minutes or so) and use it on my hair after I've spritzed it with Aloe Vera juice to make the application easier. It is a small bottle so that might be a bad idea lol. I do have another bottle on the way...
If your hair is a little damp first, then sprayed with aloe vera juice, and then add the prepoo, that might work without wasting it. I would definitely do it that way myself. 30 minutes sounds wonderful to me.

I bought some more bamboo tea this morning so I don't have to worry about it during the challenge and I bought enough for 3 months:yep:.

My wig was tangled and pretty much done for, so I'm throwing it out. I'll go back to my lace wig for a few weeks. Once I do my trim next month I'll try to wear my own hair more

My current wig is looking a little tattered as well but I think I can still get another month before dumping it and pulling out one of the other wigs from my bins.

Back