3 Month "no Buy" Challenge

Dh ordered me the new Kerastase Discipline Cleansing conditioner last week:clap: (part of my birthday gift).

If it gets here today I'll cowash with it... if not I'll cowash with the last of my Densite mask.

Still going strong even though I saw something the other day that I wanted to buy. SO gave me a conditioner that he tried and he really liked but the smell is too girly for him. It's an Organix product and comes in a purple bottle. It has wheat protein in it and my hair loves it. I saw it in Duane Reade the other day and I wanted to buy it...just because. But 1. I want to go the full 3 months without buying any hair stuff and 2. I probably wouldn't repurchase this after I finished. I have my staples.

I had an emergency purchase today. I needed a leave-in conditioner since I used up my Biolage and Redken leave-ins. I got Aunt Jackie's Knot Havin' It (last one on the shelf - it's obvious this one is a fast seller) and Quench!

I still haven't made any hair purchases. It's been a long time. I have a sew-in in at the moment. I went to the salon today and had my hair washed, conditioned and styled. It didn't need re-tightening (said the new-to-me stylist) LOL I met a hair stylist who is a fellow board member of mine for our home owners association. She's good. She specializes in sew-ins and braids so she will definitely get my business in those areas.

I did participate in the Bath and Body Works semi annual sale. Aromatherapy is one of the ways I take care of "self" so of course I had to stock up on Spring/Summer fav's.

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0123.JPG

The only thing I didn't buy was wallflower plug in"s because I didn't need any at the moment. I have enough left in stock to last until the end of August...but best believe I'll be snatching up some before they do away with the spring/summer stock. LOL

We have a few vacations coming up. Taking the youngest and a little girl I mentor on a Disney Cruise this month to the West Caribbean, a theme park (all the kids) next month, Vegas (just hubby and I in September). I'll be BUSY BUSY!!!! So no new purchases outside of the wallflowers (well except a telescope that I have had my eyes on since spring) LOL

I really like using a cleansing conditioner in place of shampoo. I had way less shedding and detangling was easier. Next wash I'll use shampoo so I don't get too much buildup.

I've been trying to use up products that are just taking up space. I used my Alter Ego conditioner as a prepoo last week... I used Nectar Thermique as a heat protectant/leave in. I am still using my sulfur oil sparingly.

We are almost 2/3 of the way there!! Stay strong everyone. @lulu97 I just picked up a bunch of Bath and Body goodies too. The 3 wick candles are my favorite.

Used up my beloved moisturizer (Camille Rose Moisture Milk) so I picked up another one from Target yesterday.

Then I participated in Ulta's liter sale :angeldevil:
Snatched up
3 liters of Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner
1 liter of the matching shampoo
Sample size of Joico intense hydrator
So I'll be good until their next liter sale in January.

Pass used and revoked....but my hair gone be slayed. :evillaugh:

I'm tired of wearing wigs and I don't have a lot of styling options for my hair length. I don't know what to do. I might go by the bss this week and use my pass to get some hair so that I can do a sew in.

Some days it feels like I have so many products to use up. I haven't bought anything but have my eye on some things that I probably don't need. Watch. When this challenge is over I probably won't even buy anything. It's just because I can't right now that I want to.

This is one of the units I used my pass for:

sof-kinx-hd-300x300.jpg

I love it a lot!!!

The month of August I'm taking a break from saving since school is starting and we will be moving. I'm not going to go crazy or anything, but I will get a few things to make my hair easier to manage.

I need a new good smelling leave in, maybe a new flatiron and a more user friendly blow dryer.

I won't be buying much either once the no buy ends. I do need to color my hair. Since I plan on refreshing the color on my entire head and not just the roots like I normally do, I'll buy 2 boxes instead of 1. I also want to pick up 2 liter sized products my stylist uses when I visit the salon. Other than that, I should be good until the beginning of the year. Those liters I purchased at Ulta should last me at least 6 months so I should be good until their next liter sale in January. My moisturizer is usually the only thing I run out of and even that takes me a good 3 months to use since I only moisturize once a week.

Cvs had Renpure Organics cleansing conditioner buy 1 get 1 free. I resisted the temptation to get 2, but I did get a new gel nail polish in Slater girl. It's a really dark gray and I love it!

Now it seems like the time is flying by. Only 3 weeks left? I haven't bought anything and I don't think I will need to when the challenge is over. I've been doing fine with what I have. I was thinking I needed to buy some edge control because curls passion fruit control paste is my favorite but I couldn't find it before the challenge started. Every place was sold out. So I went back to ORS. I don't like it since curls control past spoiled me. So I haven't been slicking my edges and they seem to like being free better than being slicked down. And I like it too now.

I purchased some HSN vitamins from Vitacost. I have about a week's worth left in my current bottle so it was time. I purchased 6 bottles so they will last a year. They are having a BOGO half off.

Also I was in TJ Maxx looking for some new throw pillows for my couch. I glanced over the styling tools as I am always on the look out for a back up detangling TEK brush. They didn't have any but they did have some wooden TEK combs (which I have been looking for forever). I just had to buy them.

image.jpeg
I can't see these working well on my curly hair but they should perform well on my roller set hair. I'll save my TEK brush for my curls.

The thing about TJ Maxx and other discount stores is you can't really count on them to be stocked in what you need. You can go in one day and the shelves are full...go back a week later and it's empty. LOL

No actual hair products have been purchased since my pass.

I failed in this challenge terribly this week. I got a few things that were on sale on Etsy, Bekurabeauty, and Shescentit. I mean, I was really bad so I must bow out now. All the best ladies. I might try again with the next challenge.

I failed in this challenge terribly this week. I got a few things that were on sale on Etsy, Bekurabeauty, and Shescentit. I mean, I was really bad so I must bow out now. All the best ladies. I might try again with the next challenge.
You were so close... I'll invite you to join the Fall challenge. Shop your heart out in August lol

Back