3 MONTH BAGGY CHALLENGE

nelli711 said:
Well I was thinking about getting braids soon so I can't join:(

gurl ive been baggyin in braids since February.....u can do it:)
IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Okay,

I have been thinking about this challenge since you started it darkempress. I already do the baggied ends been doing it forever and it works...okay I want to try the whole head baggy challenge. So tell me how will I do this? What products to use? Do I apply my oil and moisturizers to my whole head, pull my hair into a ponytail, put my scarf on, in the morning take the baggie off seal my ends, baggie ends, then apply scarf in the morning while I'm getting ready, take scarf off and go...Help me visualize this?:confused:

tsmith said:
Okay,

I have been thinking about this challenge since you started it darkempress. I already do the baggied ends been doing it forever and it works...okay I want to try the whole head baggy challenge. So tell me how will I do this? What products to use? Do I apply my oil and moisturizers to my whole head, pull my hair into a ponytail, put my scarf on, in the morning take the baggie off seal my ends, baggie ends, then apply scarf in the morning while I'm getting ready, take scarf off and go...Help me visualize this?:confused:
TO MOISTURIZE I USE S-CURL, IT WORKS FINE, AND TO SEAL I USE THE BLACK CASTOR OIL. YOU CAN MOISTURIZE THE WHOLE HEAD, BUT TRY TO FOCUS MORE ON THE ENDS OF THE HAIR. AND NOT TOO MUCH PRODUCT WHILE MOISTURIZING B/C THEN YOUR HAIR WILL DEF BE WET WHEN YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, AND THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO PREVENT.
I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE SLEEPING IN THE PONYTAIL TO SLEEP B/C I THINK IT ADDS TOO MUCH STRESS TO THE HAIR WHILE ASLEEP, SINCE I ALREADY WEAR ONE IN THE DAY TIME I JUST PUT MY HAIR INTO ONE BIG BRAID ONCE I'M DONE MOISTURIZING AND SEALING. PLACE THE PLASTIC CAP ON, THEN COVER WITH SATIN SCARF SO IT DOESNT FALL OF WHILE I'M ASLEEP.
I WOULD SAY IN THE MORNING YOU CAN TRY TO LET THE HAIR AIR OUT FOR A LIL BIT BEFORE PUTTING THE BAGGY ON AGAIN:)

darkempress said:
TO MOISTURIZE I USE S-CURL, IT WORKS FINE, AND TO SEAL I USE THE BLACK CASTOR OIL. YOU CAN MOISTURIZE THE WHOLE HEAD, BUT TRY TO FOCUS MORE ON THE ENDS OF THE HAIR. AND NOT TOO MUCH PRODUCT WHILE MOISTURIZING B/C THEN YOUR HAIR WILL DEF BE WET WHEN YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, AND THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO PREVENT.
I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE SLEEPING IN THE PONYTAIL TO SLEEP B/C I THINK IT ADDS TOO MUCH STRESS TO THE HAIR WHILE ASLEEP, SINCE I ALREADY WEAR ONE IN THE DAY TIME I JUST PUT MY HAIR INTO ONE BIG BRAID ONCE I'M DONE MOISTURIZING AND SEALING. PLACE THE PLASTIC CAP ON, THEN COVER WITH SATIN SCARF SO IT DOESNT FALL OF WHILE I'M ASLEEP.
I WOULD SAY IN THE MORNING YOU CAN TRY TO LET THE HAIR AIR OUT FOR A LIL BIT BEFORE PUTTING THE BAGGY ON AGAIN:)

I just read your regimen in your journal and I have everything to use except the black castor oil but I ordered some yesterday....soooo I'll be using my kemi oyl until the castor oil comes. I don't have a problem wearing my hair in a ponytail at night and during the day.....so I will continue to do that....I get no breakage at all.....What I do is moisturize my hair at night, appy healthy ends or mango butter on my ends and seal with kemi oyl, baggie my ends, and put my scarf on, in the mornings I take off scarf, mist my hair with dew, apply my bun cover/accessories and then I'm out the door with kids in tow;) I did the whole head baggie thing once before and I do love how it makes the hair curl up....so I'm in...I'm 1 week post relax so I know I can't over do it with the scurl and whole head baggie just yet cause my hair is too straight and it will definitely becomes too moisturzied and break off...anyway...girl, I'm in...after all that rambling:grin:

I'm in. I am going to cross wrap and baggie my whole head every night and baggie my ends at least 5 days a week during the day.

Divine Inspiration said:
Alright...I don't usually do challenges, but I'll try this one...3-4 times/week (every other night), whole head.

I've been doing this sporadically since December, and the moisture can't be beat. Anybody with dry or breaking hair should definitely try it.[/QUOTE]

Just this week alone, I've seen my hair more moisturized as a result of baggying, I haven't had to CO wash to keep my hair from drying out during the week..

tsmith said:
I have one more question:D Do you put the castor oil on all of your hair or just your ends? and Is the castor oil sticky?
I PUT IT ON MY ENDS AND EDGES. ITS A LIL STICKY, NOTHING MAJOR

I've been thinking about this challenge and I think I will give it a try starting tonight. I will baggie my whole head 5 nights a week, using a moisturizer and sealing with castor oil. I'm on the hide your hair challenge as well, so this should help. :)

pretty_nappy_hair said:
Dark empress your growth is insane. I want to try this. How does it work? Do you have to wash daily?
NO YOU DONT HAVE TO WASH EVERYDAY, I ONLY WASH ONCE A WEEK

Last edited:
Lanelle said:
I mostly pull it down over my ears but sometimes the cap rolls up (which could lead to breaking edges :(). There is a little technique I use to prevent it and then I cover the whole thing with silk scarf.

Lanelle, do you mind sharing the technique you refer to?

dark3mpress your hair is so PURTY.

I plan on joining the challange and incorporating some modifications with it i am on the crown and glory challange and HYH to july 4th so i will be back in braids shortly. mon or tuesday and i have been bagging for the past two nights and i have been applying a couple squirts of infusium 23 moisture and some 4 in1 oil, my hair isnt wet or anything in the morning its just fine i guess. im not applying that much of either bc some of ladies where saying that their hair was wet and i simply do not want that. i might apply a lil more just to get some consistancy. But while in braids (individuals) i plan on using WGO or BT along with the same infusium 23 spray and using saran wrap instead of a bagie and then tie with a satan wrap.i will do this at least 4 x per week. i am sure that the results will be great.

Ladies what do you think?

Last edited:
OMG DarkEmpress!!!! Your hair is absolutely amazing me. If you can get results like that from the baggy method, I am in!!! I will do it EVERY night before bed. Thanks for this challenge.

shimz said:
Lanelle, do you mind sharing the technique you refer to?
I am not lanelle but there is something I do that seems to work nicely.

I use the conditioner bags with the elastic in them.

to keep a line indentation from forming on my forehead
I use 2 cloth headbands
first I put on the band.

then I put the plastic bag on my head and lay it on the head band

then I take the second head band and put that over the plastic bag and the first headband.

I have not had a problem with slippage, line indentation, or the bag rolling into my hair. I baggy every night
I hope I was clear
later
Onyx

Thanks, today I tried SerenityBreeze alternate baggie method. I need to take pictures of it. I like both ways because I can baggie my ends.

Blackoutzangel05 said:
LadyR your everyday bun is too cute!

LadyR said:
Thanks, today I tried SerenityBreeze alternate baggie method. I need to take pictures of it. I like both ways because I can baggie my ends.

Please post that so I can see....im in the wig challenge right now but Im sure would love to rock that.

I'm in but I'm gonna need some motivation because I tried doing this as a personal challenge and I fell off after a week or so.

I feel like baggying is the only way to get guranteed results-so I am in for some more suffering! LOL (just got off HYH april fools challenge)

OMG! Ladies, I was supposed to start on Sunday with the challenge, but I couldn't wait. I was to excited!:)

Well..DE I must say my hair turned out so beautiful. It's soft and feels great. It looks and feels so healthy.

The only thing is trying to remember the crumpling sound I hear at night is the bag. LOL:lol:

My hair looks so good today for Easter. It wasn't wet at all when I took off the plastic cap and scarf and the pin curls seemed more defined. My hair was slightly moist and after taking down the pin curls and tying it with a scarf for a few minutes, my hair was ready to go!;)
LOL Allybam @ the crumpling sound at night! :lol:

I'm wondering if baggying with rollers is o.k., too? I rollerset using flexirods for the first two or three days after my Saturday wash.

I don't know about this challenge but I hope you guys remember to remove the shedded hair every week, or you are going to have one hot mess on your hands! :eek:

Good luck!

Isis said:
My hair looks so good today for Easter. It wasn't wet at all when I took off the plastic cap and scarf and the pin curls seemed more defined. My hair was slightly moist and after taking down the pin curls and tying it with a scarf for a few minutes, my hair was ready to go!;)
LOL Allybam @ the crumpling sound at night! :lol:
THATS GREAT ISIS, I'M GLAD THE PIN CURLS TURNED OUT GOOD.

Back