2017 Collagen Challenge...! Let's Grow!

As of today, I've bee on this challenge for 3 months. I don't think I've follow throofh with any hair growing LHCF challenge this long. But desperate times....

As of today, I've bee on this challenge for 3 months. I don't think I've follow throofh with any hair growing LHCF challenge this long. But desperate times....

lol, any results? i big chopped and im in protective style so i have no updates but im chugging my collagen daily.

I flat ironed my hair for the first time in at least six months yesterday and when I had my komaza care hair analysis back in October my hair was 3-3.5" long. I've cut at least 2" of that over time since then because I only had 1" of healthy hair on my head.

I don't know what my hair measures but my hair is now shoulder length! When I blow dried, it was big and full and my flat iron results were shocking, like, how the f'k, shocking! I knew my hair had been thickening up and growing but because I wear twistouts weekly and my shrinkage is over 90 percent, I couldn't tell my growth was this significant. I had no idea.

Collagen is growing my hair at a very fast rate and my regimen is keeping my strands hydrated and on my head. My Komaza Care Analysis Consultant recommended collagen, vitamin B3 (at least 4k in the winter), along with other healthy well know healthy practices and guaranteed big and long hair that'll grow really fast. She wasn't lying!

Also @Gr8ness83 had you not started this challenge I wouldn'the have been so consistent with taking my vitamins. Thanks, it was right on time!

I'm not measuring length but definitely see growth. My nails already grew fast, now I can't keep up. I'm sure my thinning hair is filling in. I took starting pictures. I will take a progress picture and post when I take off these crochets.

I first noticed my nails growing super fast - I thought they had stopped growing that's how slow the growth was. Then they just took off and I found myself trimming every week. Thicker roots was my second sign something amazing was happening so be encouraged!

Hi, ladies!

I ran out of my container of collagen. I see the price has gone up.

I decided to look for collagen with other ingredients. I am considering the product below. Do you think it's safe? How can I research it further? I don't want to assume that just because it's available from the US's amazon site that it's okay.

Amazon product ASIN B007BY44K0
81LJsKWy8KL._SX425_.jpg

Hi, ladies!

I decided to look for collagen with other ingredients. I am considering the product below. Do you think it's safe? How can I research it further? I don't want to assume that just because it's available from the US's amazon site that it's okay.

81LJsKWy8KL._SX425_.jpg

Uh other than that middle section is there anything else in English? It may well be a good product but if I can't read the ingredients, directions or warnings I'm always a little leery. I've had great results with a Collagen and HA pill, I'm sure the ladies who use the powder may have some recommendations for you.

Hi, ladies!

i dont know if you read the reviews on sasa.com, some of them are in japanese but you can use google translate. there is a very popular collagen supplement in japan ?meij? or something and this fine collagen is supposed to be the cheap but equally effective option. One thing about these japanese collagen is most of them add milk to mask the smell of the marine and this milk causes acne. this is not the one i used but the acne i got... man, never again. the cost is $36 for 200g, compared to 454g for $23 for great lakes or $21 for marine collagen (we (lhcf) caused this price increase, no doubt :cry3:). anyway, i'm not advocating for or against, but if you have tried something that works, stick with it. if you end up trying it, let us know :look:

Thanks so much, @Daina and @immy

I searched high and low for a US-produced MARINE collagen that contains vitamin C and biotin, but I can't find one. I see BOVINE collagen that does, but not marine.

Guess I'll stick with what I bought last time. I'm too scared to experiment after reading about the acne and all. I also read previously (at amazon) that the Japanese product contains an artificial sweetener that increases the appetite inadvertently. I definitely don't need that problem. :smile:

8194cNlm7AL._SL1500_.jpg

Uh other than that middle section is there anything else in English? It may well be a good product but if I can't read the ingredients, directions or warnings I'm always a little leery. I've had great results with a Collagen and HA pill, I'm sure the ladies who use the powder may have some recommendations for you.
What's HA?

Current: Shoulder length, Natural Hair. Goal Length: Mid Back Length.
Neocell collagen powder on an empty stomach - mixed with Emergencee. Nature's bounty in the afternoon.

Wash my hair twice a week - Deep condition and steam once a week. I always roller set when I'm not doing a wash n go.

Been using the collagen powder for about a week now. Definitely a difference in my nails so far. I have weak nails that tear very quickly on the sides. I've already had to cut them and they feel so much stronger.

Thanks so much, @Daina and @immy

I searched high and low for a US-produced MARINE collagen that contains vitamin C and biotin, but I can't find one. I see BOVINE collagen that does, but not marine.

Guess I'll stick with what I bought last time. I'm too scared to experiment after reading about the acne and all. I also read previously (at amazon) that the Japanese product contains an artificial sweetener that increases the appetite inadvertently. I definitely don't need that problem. :smile:

8194cNlm7AL._SL1500_.jpg
I did see a marine collagen with hylauronic acid and protein. I believe it has biotin in it as well. The price HAS gone up, I was getting it for $15/jar when I first started taking it. I think I told just about everyone I encountereed and they all ordered it. Not to mention who they told, who you ladies have told...lol A real domino effect! Doggone it! There is a gentleman at my job who takes this brand as well but since we are both so diligent in taking it, we are going half on a shipment for 3 big containers from another brand. I will look it up and post it. It is like $140 for the 3 containers.

I flat ironed my hair for the first time in at least six months yesterday and when I had my komaza care hair analysis back in October my hair was 3-3.5" long. I've cut at least 2" of that over time since then because I only had 1" of healthy hair on my head.

I don't know what my hair measures but my hair is now shoulder length! When I blow dried, it was big and full and my flat iron results were shocking, like, how the f'k, shocking! I knew my hair had been thickening up and growing but because I wear twistouts weekly and my shrinkage is over 90 percent, I couldn't tell my growth was this significant. I had no idea.

Collagen is growing my hair at a very fast rate and my regimen is keeping my strands hydrated and on my head. My Komaza Care Analysis Consultant recommended collagen, vitamin B3 (at least 4k in the winter), along with other healthy well know healthy practices and guaranteed big and long hair that'll grow really fast. She wasn't lying!

Also @Gr8ness83 had you not started this challenge I wouldn'the have been so consistent with taking my vitamins. Thanks, it was right on time!

I am soo happy to hear of your progress! That is a lot of hair growth in such short time! I am so excited to see the pics... :-D Keep it up!

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 8.41.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 8.42.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 8.48.36 PM.png IMG_0288.jpg This is the link to the one that I am considering purchasing... Although, it has bone up in price a little bit! smh. From what I can see from both labels, the Elavonne contains both Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. The only drawback is that it contains 1,000 fewer mg per serving than the other brand. They both are from the fish skin, not the scales. I feel like it is worth the try, although I am going to buy the smaller container first nin case I do not find the results as dramatic as the other one. I can always take more to make up for that lost 1,000-2,000 mg (2,000 for when I take it in the morning and evening).

View attachment 388823 Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 8.41.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 8.42.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 8.48.36 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi, ladies!

81LJsKWy8KL._SX425_.jpg

I appears to have both collagen and hyaluronic acid in it. I am not sure about how safe it is becuase I cannot read the label. Where did you find this?

This one the capsul for of the marine collagen that I am currently taking but htis one has HA. I haven't tried this but I feel like I would still prefer the peptide powder:

View attachment 388831

Amazon product ASIN B00C1LCQR6

Thanks for posting, I'm just not about the powder life and rather take a pill and be done. I may try this when my current Neocell runs out it will be nice to have both in one pill.

Here is a mini one year update. I have not been taking collagen for an entire year but the majority of my results in terms of length and overall health began after I incorperated it into my regimen. The curly hair pics are from Feb-mar 2016. The curly hair pic with me in the dress is from Saturday night before my BF and I went out for the night. Side note... I have not been active in the gym but I feel and look bloated. I lost weight from last year but due to the demands of school, work and home life, I gained some of it back :-( When I weighed myself, I weighed much less than what I was anticipating. I was expecting to weigh at least 10 more lbs than I do. One of the benefits of the marine collagen and the agar agar is weight management, which tells me that it is working. :-D
The straightened hair pic with my dark hair is from March 2016. The one with my hair lightened is from February 8, 2017. As I stated, I basically saw little to no progress until I began the marine collagen around October/November.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 64
  • fullsizeoutput_146d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_146d.jpeg
    718.8 KB · Views: 73
  • fullsizeoutput_1466.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1466.jpeg
    826.1 KB · Views: 68
  • fullsizeoutput_146c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_146c.jpeg
    779.7 KB · Views: 63
  • fullsizeoutput_1471.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1471.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 69
  • fullsizeoutput_1470.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1470.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 67
  • fullsizeoutput_1468.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1468.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Photo on 2-8-17 at 8.17 PM.jpg
    Photo on 2-8-17 at 8.17 PM.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 80
As a visual of how little my hair grew from Feb-March 2016 until the time I began taking the marine collagen, the last pics are from August 2016, both taken on the day that I went to get my hair colored, before and after. As you see, there is nearly no progress during that time.

My hair has thickened up considerably as well in regards to density. I have fine hair so fine, low density hair is not a good combination whatsoever! I have found a staple for life and I can't wait to see where I am at by this time next year!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1472.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1472.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 71
  • fullsizeoutput_1473.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1473.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 70
OH! And I purchased 2 satin pillowcases because I dislike sleeping with a head scarf or bonnet. I put my hair in a bun and may wrap a thin satin scarf around my edges but I sleep better this way and look a whole lot less crazy when I wake up because I dont have my scarf doing all sorts of crazy things on my head....lol

I've been taking the liquid collagen/biotin for 30 days with no breakouts. I had a few close calls but no full breakouts. I'm going to give it another 30 days to see if I notice any improvements in my hair and skin. If I do I will buy another 30 day supply and join you ladies in April.

I'm just going to lurk (we'll keep lurking because I been in here since day 1 lol) because I suck at keeping up with challenges. I just got some collagen today. I'm committed to it for the next 2 months to see if I see results. If I can remember to take pics regularly, I'll post them.

Back