2016 Hair Growth & Weight Loss (july-dec)

So all the other crap is out of the way now. I lost 3lbs this week, and I'll take it but I will start back exercising tomorrow, I have packed my w/out bag and will book the class tomorrow morning for after work.

I was having a lazy day and did not put my fitbit on till 2pm, it's 9pm now and I've hit 10k, but sometimes i have it on from 8/9 in the morning and can't get to 7 :shame: I will be moving more again.

I'm going to co-wash now so it can airdry while i watch the Euro's final

I've been trying to stay constant with yoga at the very least after I come home from work or before I head to GMAT prep. I'm having fun and my husband, while it's not his first choice for exercise, is doing it with me to increase flexibility. He's constantly surprised when he ends up out of breath after 10 minutes lol

Hair wise, I've just been wearing it in a puff after wearing two big cornrows for 4 days last week, and I have a party on Saturday so I think I'll get goddess braids with extensions done at the salon on Friday. Also, I deep conditioned this past Saturday.

I just moisturized my hair with CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel with some ceramide added to it. My hair feels deliciously soft now. I plait it up to wear under my wig as a protective style for the week.

So I went to circuits and it was so good. She had us doing crazy stuff. I've recommitted to logging on mfp and I need to have something small and light to get me to target but I don't think I've got asny eggs. I'll find something

I'll book for asbs blast tomorrow

Hey, Ladies! How's it going? I went down another belt hole. Yay! Physical therapy is going really well, so moving back to weights should come soon.

I'm buying an ultrasound machine and TENS machine for me to use at home. The ultrasound has been extremely helpful after this accident. So I'm planning to use both machines for my husband's shoulder, my back, our knees, everywhere! to keep us moving and functioning without pain. These can also be used after exercise to help relieve muscle soreness.

So all the other crap is out of the way now. I lost 3lbs this week, and I'll take it but I will start back exercising tomorrow, I have packed my w/out bag and will book the class tomorrow morning for after work.

I was having a lazy day and did not put my fitbit on till 2pm, it's 9pm now and I've hit 10k, but sometimes i have it on from 8/9 in the morning and can't get to 7 :shame: I will be moving more again.

I'm going to co-wash now so it can airdry while i watch the Euro's final
Niiiiice!

Lost one pound this week when I weighed this morning but I just finished Cold Stone ice cream:cow::rolleyes::badgirl: I am still hanging in there with 21 Day Fix. Just have to get my eating right. The second round I try to follow the rest of the class and not the modifier.

I did something crazy with my hair yesterday. I have been natural for about 2 years now. Transitioning before that. Edges are my worst nightmare. I literally tried every gel. They all worked for about an hour if that then back to puffy look which I hate. Could never wear ponytail and buns because I hated the edges. Hair down was not that great either. Well I relaxed one inch around my head! I don't know how it will be later but today I wore my hair in a sleek ponytail! I felt great! I don't know how damaging it will be but it was so damaged prior as far putting all that gel on them. i shall see though.

Lost one pound this week when I weighed this morning but I just finished Cold Stone ice cream:cow::rolleyes::badgirl: I am still hanging in there with 21 Day Fix. Just have to get my eating right. The second round I try to follow the rest of the class and not the modifier.

I did something crazy with my hair yesterday. I have been natural for about 2 years now. Transitioning before that. Edges are my worst nightmare. I literally tried every gel. They all worked for about an hour if that then back to puffy look which I hate. Could never wear ponytail and buns because I hated the edges. Hair down was not that great either. Well I relaxed one inch around my head! I don't know how it will be later but today I wore my hair in a sleek ponytail! I felt great! I don't know how damaging it will be but it was so damaged prior as far putting all that gel on them. i shall see though.

You are my twin. I lost a pound when I weighed this morning, but when I got to work, someone brought in doughnuts and I had 2 of them. Help me Jesus!!!

Prepooing with Aloe Vera Juice/WGO/Biolage Conditioning Balm Combo.
Shampooing with Macadamia Natural Oil Weightless Moisture Shampoo
Deep Conditioning with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Protein and Moisture Conditioners.
Leave in - Naturelle Grow Soft & Silky Leave-in conditioner.

Sealing with CRN Coconut Water Style Setter/Hemp Oil Combo (I whipped these two together and added some glycerin and it is perfect for my hair now). Before, it was just too thick. The Style Setter is probably not going on my repurchase list because it didn't wow me, well not yet anyway.

Just realised I didn't update my post with my stats.

Hair Goals

Current Length: Neck length (with thinning edges and temple, also just 8inches at longest after 3 years = extremely slow grower)
2016 Goal Length: not a length goal more about keeping current density and if possible increasing it. However, this is solely dependent on my scalp health, as a longterm sebopsoraisis sufferer, this is easier said than done. I am not giving up though, just being realistic.
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
How you will achieve goal: Supplements (Fish Oil, Collagen, Biotin, Vitamin C, Iron after seeing doctor, more protein heavy meals), washing and treating scalp as often as possible(at least weekly), Wigs and perhaps crotch braids.
20160703_140915.jpg

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: At 5'5.5", I weigh 155 lbs
Current Stats: Upper arm - 13", Chest - 36", Waist -30", Hips -43.5", Lower Tummy -35''

Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 15 lbs to 20 Ibs, though will focus more on inches
Goal Stats: Upper arm - 10", Chest - 35", Waist -26", Hips -40", Lower Tummy -32''

How you will achieve goal: Strength training, HIIT, Cardio and improving my diet to include more protein, veggies and good fat. I intend to have daily green smoothies/juice at least 5 times a week, make goat's milk and greek yogurt my boo, and wake up to warm diluted grapefruit juice.

I'm back from New Orleans and look 6 months pregnant smh. I got on the treadmill this afternoon before work and had eggs and bacon for breakfast. I have a Greek salad that I'll eat for dinner and possibly get a few spring rolls soon. Because I'm working 2 double shifts :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2: I doubt I'll get a second work out in today or tomorrow.

I'm currently DC with SM Superfruit 10 in 1 masque and peach kernal oil under a head wrap until Monday morning.

Finished workout 3/3 today . That's 3 weeks in a row !! :toocool: .

Starting a new job soon and I don't need to be in until 8 as opposed to 7 . Going to try and stay on the same schedule and use the extra hour to switch my workouts to mornings. My mom said that working out in the morning increases it's effectiveness. So we shall see .

I dropped 19 lbs since having the baby 3 weeks ago.

I'm 6 lbs away from pre pregnancy weight and about 15 away from my goal weight. I havent done anything to lose the weight (other than have a baby) so now the real work begins!!!!

I'm going to resume physical activity this week and clean up my diet. The goal is to be a pre pregnancy weight next month...6 lbs to go!!

Trying to find the time and energy to workout is a joke! Between school and taking care of this child...The only thing I've been able to do is make small changes to my diet...namely cutting out large portions of empty sugar calories and replacing them with healthy sugars like fruit. Baby steps. Mostly smoothies and some juicing when I have the patience to clean the juicer. Even with help, I can't really find the time to commit to a workout program more than twice a week. Appointments get in the way, too. I feel like I'm always starting over. Le sigh...

Last edited:
Hi All

Hope everyone is doing well, here we go with a update.

Was 12 stone at the start of this challenge, just got on the scales weight is now 11.48 stone.

Hair wise, just washed out DC from Saturday.

Take care all and keeping going.

I've been eating properly this weekend so my weight is coming down nicely. I will update my weight at the end of the month versus every week.

I rode 45 miles today. The longest distance before today was 33 miles. My body worked hard today. I metabolism has revved up and my body just keeps asking for more food.

I hope due to this long workout i can be solidly at 145.

great plan!
Just realised I didn't update my post with my stats.

Hair Goals

Current Length: Neck length (with thinning edges and temple, also just 8inches at longest after 3 years = extremely slow grower)
2016 Goal Length: not a length goal more about keeping current density and if possible increasing it. However, this is solely dependent on my scalp health, as a longterm sebopsoraisis sufferer, this is easier said than done. I am not giving up though, just being realistic.
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
How you will achieve goal: Supplements (Fish Oil, Collagen, Biotin, Vitamin C, Iron after seeing doctor, more protein heavy meals), washing and treating scalp as often as possible(at least weekly), Wigs and perhaps crotch braids.
View attachment 367357

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: At 5'5.5", I weigh 155 lbs
Current Stats: Upper arm - 13", Chest - 36", Waist -30", Hips -43.5", Lower Tummy -35''

Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 15 lbs to 20 Ibs, though will focus more on inches
Goal Stats: Upper arm - 10", Chest - 35", Waist -26", Hips -40", Lower Tummy -32''

How you will achieve goal: Strength training, HIIT, Cardio and improving my diet to include more protein, veggies and good fat. I intend to have daily green smoothies/juice at least 5 times a week, make goat's milk and greek yogurt my boo, and wake up to warm diluted grapefruit juice.

Back