2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! My check-In:

My Hair is Still in twists, applying Sulfur hair growth oil every other day. It's been about 2 weeks or so and I still haven't noticed any new growth, but for me it's way too early. Been really forcing myself not to slack on putting this stuff on, cause persistence/consistency is what will pay off. And, as you can see, I really need it. I was thinking about a visit to the hair shop to get it flat-ironed. Maybe on my B-day in April. Since I cut my ends, I am wondering how long it is straight.

@jprayze- Did you buy your 'Length Check' shirt or did you make it? Also, I noticed in an earlier post that you mentioned In april you were going to Use MN only and 'gradually use less' MN. I was just curious as to why you plan to 'gradually use less'.

Note: I recently discovered (much to my horror), that my hair grows much, much slower than normal. Even with using MN I would receive approximately 3/4" in 2 months. It had not always been this way, I remember years ago getting nice patches of new growth monthly. Now I can go a whole month with no, or not much visible growth. Not sure what happened. So, that's why now I have been asking a lot of questions and getting tips from others of what hair growth aids work for them. I am also planning to buy some Biotin or something, so I can have an 'internal' hair growth aid as well.

I bought the shirt from spreadshirt.com. I have heard its good to gradually stop using MN versus an abrupt stop. It lessens the chance of shedding.

You can look at the vitamin challenge to see what other ladies are taking for some ideas.

jprayze I've been trying out Njoy's new mix for the past couple weeks. But i feel i got good growth with MN.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

I've been lurking for about a month, but just subscribed today. I started using an MN mix of 4% MN, jojoba oil, coconut oil, a little sulfur 8, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and I just started adding some cayenne oil to my latest batch. I have a sew in (no net) so I apply it between my tracks/braids every night. Since it got it installed and began using this a month ago, my hair's grown enough that I can pick my braids up off my head between half and a full inch.

Idk whether it's the MN mix or vitamins, but I'm happy with the results so far.

I've been lurking for about a month, but just subscribed today. I started using an MN mix of 4% MN, jojoba oil, coconut oil, a little sulfur 8, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and I just started adding some cayenne oil to my latest batch. I have a sew in (no net) so I apply it between my tracks/braids every night. Since it got it installed and began using this a month ago, my hair's grown enough that I can pick my braids up off my head between half and a full inch.

Idk whether it's the MN mix or vitamins, but I'm happy with the results so far.

Good combo-- MN and vits!!!

Still applying my Sulfur growth oil mixture. It's been about 3 weeks and I've got about 1/4" growth [used measuring tape this time :)] Got about a week and a half left of the bottle I think. I miss the MN now.

P.S. I celebrated the 1st anniversary of my HHJ in February.

What a difference time and showing your hair some luv makes! :-)

image-2692296951.jpg

2/12

image-2206850968.jpg

3/13

Last edited:
I hope everyone is fine. Tonight I am giving myself a homemade mask treatment. Was thinking of trimming tonight. Also changing my diet

[USER=207042]Ijanei[/USER];18188753 said:
I hope everyone is fine. Tonight I am giving myself a homemade mask treatment. Was thinking of trimming tonight. Also changing my diet

What does your mask consist of?

Okay, so it's been 4 1/2 weeks of using the Sulfur growth oil and I measured approximately 6/16" of new growth, that's a little under 1/2". If I am correct, that put's me at about 3/4" every 2 months or so; which is close to what I've calculated before using MN (3/4" in 10 weeks).

I don't know, my hair may be growing a teeny bit faster or close to the same with the sulfur than the MN. Not positive on this though. I had measured 3/4" growth in about 10 weeks with the MN, but I had not been applying the MN towards that last week or two. Really, I think it's probably around the same.

Because of the slow growth, I don't plan to post pics as often. It's super slow, but I am very thankful that my hair IS growing.

Okay, so it's been 4 1/2 weeks of using the Sulfur growth oil and I measured approximately 6/16" of new growth, that's a little under 1/2". If I am correct, that put's me at about 3/4" every 2 months or so; which is close to what I've calculated before using MN (3/4" in 10 weeks).

I don't know, my hair may be growing a teeny bit faster or close to the same with the sulfur than the MN. Not positive on this though. I had measured 3/4" growth in about 10 weeks with the MN, but I had not been applying the MN towards that last week or two. Really, I think it's probably around the same.

Because of the slow growth, I don't plan to post pics as often. It's super slow, but I am very thankful that my hair IS growing.

Absolutely great that you are making consistent growth. And great that you have a method to track it. So which one growth aid will you use next-- MN or sulfur?

Hi everyone! I took two weeks off the MN mix (post relaxer). I maintained my reggie of no heat, moisturing, sealing and bunning only.....After I exercise this morning I'm going to pre-poo (for an hour or so), co-wash, do a nice deep condish and get back on my MN grind. I made it through the cold, dry winter with progress shown so I cant' wait to see how much progress I make by my next touch up (June). HHJ :-)

Last edited:
I just started back up today after a week off for my relaxer. Hopefully this will jump start some more growth because between this and my vitamins, I got a nice amount of growth last month.

Thanks for the update ladies!

I'm applying my MN mix about once a day until the end of the month. I'm probably going to length check in a week or so. It's will be about 6 weeks, so I good to see good progress.

Absolutely great that you are making consistent growth. And great that you have a method to track it. So which one growth aid will you use next-- MN or sulfur?

Very good question.:yep: I will probably use the MN next.
Although I like the growth from the sulfur, it is smelly and messy to me. .
I will most likely still use it again in the future; may try NJOYs mixture next time. Not sure though. Thanks for the recommendation of that sulfur mix.

I'm finishing up my MN mix and will be doing a length check this weekend but the MBL challenge so I will post here as well. In May, I will be taking an MN break and just using the liquid gold sulfur as my growth aid.

I'm still trying out NJoy's New mix. This weekend will be about six weeks. I feel I got a good amount of growth from beginning of January to Mid February with MN, so hopefully I have comparable results with the oil as well. I will check to see if the oil is helping growth this weekend.

I'm finishing up my MN mix and will be doing a length check this weekend but the MBL challenge so I will post here as well. In May, I will be taking an MN break and just using the liquid gold sulfur as my growth aid.

I had an awful cut yesterday so I won't be posting a length check this weekend. I will still be taking the MN break for a month, but in June I will be going strong with MN to try to recuperate from that crazy lady...smh. I have 2 tubes ready.

I had an awful cut yesterday so I won't be posting a length check this weekend. I will still be taking the MN break for a month, but in June I will be going strong with MN to try to recuperate from that crazy lady...smh. I have 2 tubes ready.

Damn jprayze sorry that happened! With MN you will recover in no time.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

I'm Still here. Just got my hair done yesterday, it's the first time I've seen it straight since I cut 3"-3 1/2" off the ends. After getting my hair flat-ironed It was very brittle and hard (so weird). And little pieces were coming off on my hands and shirt. NOT COOL! I practically sopped my ends with Doo Grow and it's so much better.

Hey jprayze, I ended up making my own length check shirt, LOL. I plan to measure hair again in another 6 months. I really like it.

Hello ladies... I've been on an impromptu MN break for about a month and a half but I'm back and going hard with applying every day! I want full mbl for my graduation may 31!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back