2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing my growth since installing this braids..22 days ago. I thank my MN mix and S-Curl!
tumblr_modzgfRVvf1rbw5ieo1_500.jpg

tumblr_modzesqawP1rbw5ieo1_500.jpg

Is there anyplace where you can buy pure MN? I want to mix my own without the mineral oil that the premade kind has in it.

There was a thread somewhere on here where someone did that, but I can't seem to find it.

And yes, I know that pure MN must be handled with extreme care.

Is there anyplace where you can buy pure MN? I want to mix my own without the mineral oil that the premade kind has in it.

There was a thread somewhere on here where someone did that, but I can't seem to find it.

And yes, I know that pure MN must be handled with extreme care.

I think you can get it directly from the pharmacist; you just have to ask at the counter. They may have to order it.

Roll Call!!! Who is still using MN? If not, what ARE you using?

I started using it at the beginning of the month, but I have not been consistent. I have to be consistent because I know that this works for me. Started again today. I will shoot for once a day. I'm just applying it directly, also using liquid gold oil and wild growth oil as needed on my scalp. Taking MSM internally. Hopefully, I will see gold results for the remainder of the year! Happy Hair Growing Ladies!

Hey y'all it's been months since I've posted in this forum. So I'm going to just give a little update, when I first started my mn challenge I was a little past shoulder length. mn did help my hair grow tremendously with the help of a consistent hair regime. I had a really huge setback when I hit APL and I basically had to nurse my hair back to APL from SL.

Even though I haven't been actively posting in this thread I've continue to use my mn though not as consistently as I would've liked (shrugs) so here's a few pics of my results

image-656639977.jpg

A little after set back

image-1255163010.jpg

Needs a trim but getting there

image-427611036.jpg

I relaxed in oct

image-2210409176.jpg

Stretched my relaxer until July used mn and scurl and these were my results. I need a trim but I'm happy

^^^thanks for sharing!

Just wanted to update that I've been using MN since 7/14 every day except I took a break one weekend (3 days). I need to order the 6 pack from amazon again.

I really think sulfur and MN is a winning Combo for me! HHG!!!

Btw any ladies out there lurking, you can still join!

Last edited:
I put MN mixed with JBCO and some MT and left it on for about 3 to 4 minutes, because I got worried about shedding. This was the first time i had used MN. Do you think that's enough time to have an effect or it wouldn't have any affect ?

I really want to be able to use this but I'm not risking excessive hair shedding :nono:

I put MN mixed with JBCO and some MT and left it on for about 3 to 4 minutes, because I got worried about shedding. This was the first time i had used MN. Do you think that's enough time to have an effect or it wouldn't have any affect ?

I really want to be able to use this but I'm not risking excessive hair shedding :nono:

I've been putting it on my scalp ( in a mix... never straight) 3-4 nights a week (without rinsing) for more than a year... I've experienced no shedding and pretty good progress but of course everyone is different. :-)

Im still in this. I use only once a week, I scaled it down because Im using other growth products like biotin and castor oil. I didnt want a bad reaction.

^^^thanks for sharing!

Just wanted to update that I've been using MN since 7/14 every day except I took a break one weekend (3 days). I need to order the 6 pack from amazon again.

I really think sulfur and MN is a winning Combo for me! HHG!!!

Btw any ladies out there lurking, you can still join!

Updating... I used MN for the entire month that I was in Senegalese twists, so I cannot wait to show my process. I stopped the sulfur topically, and continued to take MSM internally. Length check should be coming this weekend!:yep:

For the last month, I mixed my MN in a creamy type product...ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion (I had a sample). It was so much easier to apply than mixed with oils.

Oops never posted LC

End of April
image-1438244852.jpg

End of September
image-4094687895.jpg

Started using MN until I run out and then I will use it again once I buy some more.

jprayze - I may have to re-visit using MN. Viviscal is not giving me a growth spurt and I'm in need of a "turbo boost" in attempt to reach my goal.
I'm using Liquid gold so I may follow in your footsteps and add MN to the rotation.

jprayze - I may have to re-visit using MN. Viviscal is not giving me a growth spurt and I'm in need of a "turbo boost" in attempt to reach my goal. I'm using Liquid gold so I may follow in your footsteps and add MN to the rotation.

It just may give you the boost that you need! I need to order some more MN...I usually order the 6 pack from Amazon.

I think I will revisit MN for the last couple months of the year. I think my scalp is getting used to the sulfur. :ohwell:

I know I am soooooo late joining in, but I just started back using MN this month so I wanted to join in to see how much growth I will get last couple of months of this year!! I mixed the MN with some Liquid Gold oil. I am grazing APL and want to get as close as possible to BSL by the end of the year. I am taking MSM and some Alta Silica vitamins as well. I will start back taking Biotin once I pick up some from GNC.

Here are my starting pics..

Attachments

• image-1787749878.jpg
    image-1787749878.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image-674322609.jpg
    image-674322609.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 20
  • image-620361571.jpg
    image-620361571.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 22
I would have started already, but I didn't but any when I was on furlough. Also the amazon price has went up, so I don't think it's the best price anymore...so I need to keep shopping around.

I need to hurry up though, to make sure I make BSL by the end of this year.

^^jprayze. Girl me too. I am at BSB, but I want to have 2 to 3 more inches by beginning of the year so I can be grazing MBL. I don't care. I am buying some today. I need a head start.

Picked up 2 things of MN from Target...Up & Up brand. I will use this every other day. It has mineral oil in it. :rolleyes: I will go ahead and clarify with an SLS poo (on my scalp only) monthly in case of any build up.

I applied my first application of MN last night. I forgot how well it absorbs into the scalp. I think I will switch up my growth aides every few months so my scalp doesn't get used to them. I will do MN for the next 6 months and then revisit sulfur oils. :yep:

Applied MN before inverting. Mixed with just a tiny bit of Pomade Shop's Peppermint Pomade for spread-ability and possible oomph.

So I mixed my MN with the last of Pomade Shop's Peppermint Pomade to make it last a little more. So I will be using this MN/sulfur mix until it runs out. I used this combo this morning. Smells really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back